Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2009, 08:59 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times

Advertisements

Is it the same one as Baucus? It sounds a lot alike from what Obama has said about it during his speech and the liberals seem to hate it... does that mean they hate Obama's plan as well? I think there are good things and bad things about Baucus' plan but I haven't heard the details of Obama's plan... its been how long now and still no specifics? At least Baucus' plan has more "concrete" funding sources than Obama's "save" from his imagination funding...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 09:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Is it the same one as Baucus? It sounds a lot alike from what Obama has said about it during his speech and the liberals seem to hate it... does that mean they hate Obama's plan as well? I think there are good things and bad things about Baucus' plan but I haven't heard the details of Obama's plan... its been how long now and still no specifics? At least Baucus' plan has more "concrete" funding sources than Obama's "save" from his imagination funding...
He doesn't have one. He keeps talking but he has no real plan. He just has some things he wants, but above all he wants to have public option in it. Now why would that probably be?

Old 09-16-2009, 09:04 PM

He said he was going to "write" the legislation... are you suggesting he is "lying" about that?

Old 09-16-2009, 09:19 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
He said he was going to "write" the legislation... are you suggesting he is "lying" about that?
What hasn't he lied about concerning this plan that is dead in the water? Yes, I am saying that. But you knew that anyway, didn't you?

Old 09-16-2009, 09:23 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,211,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
He doesn't have one. He keeps talking but he has no real plan. He just has some things he wants, but above all he wants to have public option in it. Now why would that probably be?
Ohhhhh probably to keep the insurance industry honest wouldn't you say? I mean why else would the insurance fear other than their bloated bonuses and golden parachutes are in jeopardy.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:25 PM

Well, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt as I would give anyone... but my patience has a time limit and he has been locked away in the white house for awhile... a little bit of details about his plan would be nice cause I didn't get much from his talk to Congress... I was hoping for specifics but it was more of a call for bipartisanship... I can't see liberals giving up their ideological beliefs... how can I see repubs doing the same? Its not a one-way street but neither liberals nor repubs see the signs... unfortunately, neither does our president... calling for bipartisanship but not asking for and incorporating republican ideals is still maintaining a liberal ideology...

Old 09-16-2009, 10:31 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,303,648 times
There is no plan that 0bama spoke of and never will be... just a bunch of hype to get the sheeple stirred up and crying for Gov HC reform some more. Why do you think he is going on Letterman and gonna campaign all over TV thereafter ! Got to try and get the sheeple herded up again, then he's gonna attempt to drive them to the slaughter house in a last ditch effort.

Too many real Americans are on to his game... the sheeple will never make it to slaughter because of them.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:35 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,417,672 times
In order to write the legislation Obama would have to stop his "Look At Me" tour. When does this man have time to write legislation and attend to his duties as POTUS when he is constantly making public appearances to promote himself? He needs to go to a rehab program for Narcissists.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:31 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Prove it.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:36 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Obama does not have a plan, he has a skeleton so he can then change things around to his own liking.

An old trick to get you to go with what he says but leave a loophole to make changes later.

The dem party is a mess with this, the congressional leaders are not even on the same page as Obama.

No wonder things are falling apart under the dem WH and congress, none of them can work together let alone get something done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies