Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 06:07 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
You can disagree with it all you want, you can show your disagreement by not being a part of that church. You can keep your kids out that church. The government has no business dictating what people can or cannot discuss, praise or talk about unless it crosses the line into criminality.

On the other hand public schools are taxpayer funded from people with many opposing views many of which are not too happy about this President and hi policies. If they want to teach the kids about Obama that is fine, I'd encourage it but you cross the line when you have them praising someone.
Have you read my entire post? It seems like you did not. I agree with you that kids should not praise anybody. But that goes for churches as well. Why? Parents can keep their kids out of churches, but what about those crazy super-religious people that force their kids to be religious just as they are, at an age when kids cannot make a decision whether they want to be religious or not?
And, my video showed that Bush was being praised at the church. He is not God. Do you agree with parents that send their kids to those camps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I'd like to see it. Got a link, or did you simply invent a convenient distraction?
I posted the video here on this thread.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:09 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Do you agree with parents that send their kids to those camps?
No I don't agree with them but I certainly agree that is their choice. How someone else wants to raise their kid is none of my damn business.

Quote:
I agree with you that kids should not praise anybody.
I didn't say that, I said within a public school.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:12 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I am totally against teaching children to worship any man. Children should be taught who the president is and to be a good citizen.

Did you miss the "one nation under God" part?

Do you not understand that this was not a public school?

Old 09-24-2009, 06:14 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,386,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I know this is the Politics and Other Controversies Forum, and I'm an infrequent visitor, but I really don't understand the hatred expressed here.
In your dictionary is hate defined as concern, disagreement or dislike?
Calling disagreement hate is the first step in having it labeled hate speech. Next being 'hate speech is not protected under the first amendment'.
Your fired, you'll have to move etc. is next.
Give it time.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
In your dictionary is hate defined as concern, disagreement or dislike?
Calling disagreement hate is the first step in having it labeled hate speech. Next being 'hate speech is not protected under the first amendment'.
Your fired, you'll have to move etc. is next.
Give it time.
That class and Hitler Youth have nothing in common. The clip shows one class singing a song about Obama.
I do not think kids should praise anybody, but I also strongly disagree with comparing that to Hitler Youth. I am from Europe, and I bet I know much more about the Nazis than the person who made this connection.
Also, calling Obama Hussein all the time is propaganda. Why don't you say anything against that?
People can disagree with the politics of someone, but that propaganda nonsense is out of control.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:23 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,386,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Have you read my entire post? It seems like you did not. I agree with you that kids should not praise anybody. But that goes for churches as well. Why? Parents can keep their kids out of churches, but what about those crazy super-religious people that force their kids to be religious just as they are, at an age when kids cannot make a decision whether they want to be religious or not?
And, my video showed that Bush was being praised at the church. He is not God. Do you agree with parents that send their kids to those camps?
No difference between the two?
Parents passing on their values to their children
as opposed to the worship of a cult personality.
Explanation is futile.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:29 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,849,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
I'm not the foolish one....you seem out of touch by continuously calling Obama "Hussein"....so what if that is in his name...he doesn't go by that....makes you seem very.....dumb.
lol Obama doesnt go by that name. He got sworen in with that name. Why dont you like people using his name?

lol @ now you arent allowed to use the mans middle name

Old 09-24-2009, 06:35 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
There's just one thing I don't get. Did some idiot in this NJ school record this thing because they thought it was a good thing to show off or was it recorded in horror?

Old 09-24-2009, 06:37 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
That appears to be in a church which would make it irrelevant to this discussion at least compared to the Obama video which appears to be taken inside a school.
I see your point and agree with it. But this church must immediately be stripped of its tax exempt status for violating rules on being non-partisan and that fake Christian preacher arrested. I'm against all forms of indoctrination, churches included. If this had been Wal-Mart, it's a non-tax exempt business and not subject to these rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies