Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 12:18 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times

Advertisements

No, it's absurd. There have been worse presidents, believe it or not.

However, since the American people re-elected Bush in 2004, maybe all those voters should executed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 12:27 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
No, it's absurd. There have been worse presidents, believe it or not.

However, since the American people re-elected Bush in 2004, maybe all those voters should executed.
It was after that election that I realized how we were lied to. I voted for Bush and my defense is that he fooled me until I was able to connect the dots as other intelligent people were able to.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:28 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
And what got them to the point that Clinton was being asked about an issue about his marriage under oath?
Sexual Harassment Claims by Paula Jones. That is what started.

Quote:
Oh, that's right, a political witch hunt to take him out of power led by other old white men having extra-marital affairs. It was stupid for Clinton to do it, knowing the vast right wing conspiracy, as he called it, waiting to pounce. It's just politics. The same happens when the Democrats feigned outrage at some racist comment a Republican Congressman made. They don't really care, they just see it as a chance to grab some power.
Wrong! See above.

Quote:
Re: your second point,what's interesting is that I paid very close attention after 9/11 to try and understand why they were talking about invading Iraq. They came up with every line you could think of to justify invasion until the WMD one finally gained some political traction and they ran with it.

They were consciously lying LONG before WMDs came into the picture. All it took was paying attention to hear it. Obviously, they thought they could just go in and out very quickly. Doubt they would have gone in if they knew we would be in it for almost a decade.

So, again, the Bush administration could be easily prosecuted on real charges - not diddling an intern. Just read the Articles of Impeachment and perhaps the book by the lawyer in the OP. It's all there - all the evidence anyone could ever need.

Only thing lacking is the political will to do so.
SH had been playing both sides of the fence for years. Telling Iran and others that he had them to keep them at bay while telling the UN he did not. You seem to forget that the US was not the only country that believed that SH had WMD's. As late as Clinton's last months in office he thought he had them. Bush did not lie, he listened to the wrong people. You seem to forget all the sanctions that SH did not live up to either. You can attempt to place blame on Bush but it was years in the making and years of SH not doing what he was suppose to and lying out right. And Lord knows we gave him enough time to get rid of them before we went in. Hell we told him the exact day and hour. As I said I think the timing sucked and we should not have gone in when we did but he would have needed to be dealt with at some point.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:31 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,949 times
Could Bush Be Executed?

No. But good luck with your thread.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:35 PM

757 posts, read 803,070 times
All these posts by the Bush Apologists and yet not one person speaks to Bugliosi's claims.
What about the evidence that the Bush Adm purposely misled the American People and Congress?
I would also like to remind you that Bush USED 9/11 to push his political agenda. I don't care what party you do or don't belong to. But as a patriotic American ( Most of us are) I would think you should be OUTRAGED.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:37 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
All these posts by the Bush Apologists and yet not one person speaks to Bugliosi's claims.
What about the evidence that the Bush Adm purposely misled the American People and Congress?
Lied about what?

Old 09-28-2009, 12:42 PM

757 posts, read 803,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Lied about what?
Did you bother to watch the video? Bugliosi has documentation that the Bush ADM ignored the findings of our own intelligence agencies that said Saddam was NOT an imminent threat.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:49 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
I would also like to remind you that Bush USED 9/11 to push his political agenda. I don't care what party you do or don't belong to. But as a patriotic American ( Most of us are) I would think you should be OUTRAGED.
There comes a point in time when you realize that facts are inconsequential to some on these boards. They come out in droves like termites when this issue comes up in a thread as if on cue. I can name at least a dozen of the soldier ants, but I won't for obvious reasons. There is a determination, however feeble, to continue to deny what is so in our faces as to the lies, theivery and crimes of The Bush/Cheney Crime Family. They will accuse people of hating Bush as if anyone including myself had a personal reason to hate him. Yeah, his brush grew over onto my property before he had a chance to clear it. Like these deniers, I voted for the guy after 9/11 because I thought that he was defending this country. Bit by bit the truth revealed itself and I was appalled as they should have been, but no, they chose to ignore and deny. If Bush himself came clean, they would call him a liar. Don't waste your time.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 09-28-2009 at 01:12 PM..

Old 09-28-2009, 12:51 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
I didn't write the articles and I'm not Vincent Bugliosi, trying to get my book circulated. It's clear that
few if any posters bothered to read the articles or watch Bugliosi's testimony...attack mode was entered in the typical knee-jerk fashion. Nor did I ever say that I, personally, want Bush or anyone else executed...but it's easier to blab without bothering to read exactly what charges might be applicable, or make silly assumptions about the OP.
TnHilltopper posted a lengthy list of the lies told by Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld. After almost 10 years with American troops moving all over Iraq but still no WMD. Not even a trace. They lied.
I just saw a video of Bugliosi and thought the entire question of culpability an interesting one. Good luck with my thread? It isn't a petition suggesting that Bush be tried and executed, just a topic for discussion on a forum. And so far, there hasn't been much discussion about the information provided.
Was the Constitution violated? The Geneva Convention? Try reading the information provided before you go off the deep end.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:55 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Sexual Harassment Claims by Paula Jones. That is what started.

Wrong! See above.

SH had been playing both sides of the fence for years. Telling Iran and others that he had them to keep them at bay while telling the UN he did not. You seem to forget that the US was not the only country that believed that SH had WMD's. As late as Clinton's last months in office he thought he had them. Bush did not lie, he listened to the wrong people. You seem to forget all the sanctions that SH did not live up to either. You can attempt to place blame on Bush but it was years in the making and years of SH not doing what he was suppose to and lying out right. And Lord knows we gave him enough time to get rid of them before we went in. Hell we told him the exact day and hour. As I said I think the timing sucked and we should not have gone in when we did but he would have needed to be dealt with at some point.
I believe you've allowed yourself to be deceived. The evidence is quite overwhelming that the Bush administration consciously pushed lies.

And the extent to which they went after Clinton far outweighed some harassment charge by the time he lied under oath. Seriously - it was all political because his policies threatened the status quo of those who controlled the power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies