Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 06:06 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times

Advertisements

Priceless.

Palin 'grateful' for top spot - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Quote:
Two days after the release date of Sarah Palin’s book was announced, it's already become the top seller at both Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com.
Quote:
A publishing industry source told POLITICO that they "cannot remember a non-fiction book taking off like this in the pre-order market. It became number one only a couple of hours after nothing more than a date announcement. It is truly unprecedented."
Quote:
And, as an added bonus, I can laugh at the hypocrites in here who don't like Sarah picked on and say the poster is obsessed but turn around and ...post about Palin...
This is news - "unprecedented" news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 06:06 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy268 View Post
I'm sorry. I read the article and I saw the quotation marks, but I didn't see the source of the quote. Was there a name to go along with the allegations?
Read: Sarah's lectures a tough sell

Old 09-30-2009, 06:14 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy268 View Post
Basically....
Sounds to me like he lost his train of thought. I didnt see the camera swing around and show us a dead monitor. Did you? Please post at what minute marks that happened for each clip.

A youtube poster says "His Teleprompter Went Out" and you believe it, but Obama, who had been campaigning nonstop for weeks at the time of those videos, who earned a JD magna *** laude from Harvard, and who taught constitutional law at University of Chicago for 12 years, is stupid.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:14 PM

183 posts, read 115,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Their source is the NY Post article.

But now the New York Post is reporting.....

Old 09-30-2009, 06:26 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,032,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Um, I'll explain it.... in defending poor little Sarah P. you bewail "simple hate against another not perfect human being," but you dont extend the same tender devotion to, ohh let's say, Barack Obama.
you lost me again are you on drugs?

Old 09-30-2009, 06:30 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
you lost me again are you on drugs?
Never mind.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:31 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Sarah Palin gets 1,070+ invitations - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

Quote:
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin this week will begin accepting and rejecting the more than 1,070 invitations she has received for paid speeches and political appearances since she resigned from office, aides said.

More than 950 requests for speeches have poured in for Palin, and over 120 candidates for office have asked her to appear, including folks running for Senate, House and state Legislature, aides said.
A very leftist magazine;

Why We Doubt ‘Page Six’’s Sarah Palin Story -- Daily Intel

Quote:
1. The source is openly hostile to Palin, belittling her in almost every quote, so his/her intentions seem fairly suspect. Calling Palin a "blithering idiot" and saying the only people who'd want to hear her speak are "interested in moose hunting" doesn't really add credibility to your claims.
Sounds like a manufactured story from the Left.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:32 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,032,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
never mind.
ok

Old 09-30-2009, 06:32 PM

183 posts, read 115,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
LMAO - People can't wait to hear what's going to come out her mouth next. Pure entertainment sure to draw a crowd looking for a repeat performance like the ones she gave Couric last year...
My favorite is the one about the so-called "death panels" that the left was all aflutter about just before the end of life counseling provision was dropped.

Get back to me when Couric sells some books or any one pays her six figures to speak. Anyone can ask "gotcha" questions that have only wrong answers, and anyone can edit interviews to make someone look silly. ABC and CNN did the same sort of shameful things that CBS did, but they can't get away with the it in the age of the internet. They no longer have control of what we see and hear. It's a new era of openness not because of the the left, but in spite of it.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:43 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Priceless.

Palin 'grateful' for top spot - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

This is news - "unprecedented" news.
Ooohhh unprecedented...wow...

so was Octo-Mom.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies