Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 10:34 AM

974 posts, read 1,587,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
What has she lied about? And please - cite her actual words, in context. Don't just lie about her in an attempt to paint her as a liar.

While I hate to get in these left/right finger pointing threads, I could not help but answer your calls. Did pelosi not say that she knew nothing of the interrogation techniques used by the CIA? Yet this proves differently.

Quote:
Intelligence officials released documents this evening saying that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was briefed in September 2002 about the use of harsh interrogation tactics against al-Qaeda prisoners, seemingly contradicting her repeated statements over the past 18 months that she was never told that these techniques were actually being used.

In a 10-page memo outlining an almost seven-year history of classified briefings, intelligence officials said that Pelosi and then-Rep. Porter Goss (R-Fla.) were the first two members of Congress ever briefed on the interrogation tactics. Then the ranking member and chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, respectively, Pelosi and Goss were briefed Sept. 4, 2002, one week before the first anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

This can be found here.... Capitol Briefing - CIA Says Pelosi Was Briefed on Use of 'Enhanced Interrogations'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 10:52 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Let's agree on this...wait till 2010 and see how many votes she will get and the rest of the Dem.!
I predict for the 2011 harvest...she will be stomping grapes...

Old 10-02-2009, 10:54 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Pelosi: Grayson Doesn't Need to Apologize | The FOX Nation

Because of this woman and all the other associations and hypocrites surrounding Obama, I completely had it with this government...I couldn't even finish this video...I got to 36 sec....and that was already like torture.

Pelosi is the worst person on the Dem. side, JMO!
Graysons comments were NOT addressed to any specific person, which is where the rules violation is.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:54 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
I predict for the 2011 harvest...she will be stomping grapes...
Well it will save her on botox, she doesn't have to use that fake smile anymore....or she can leave the windtunnel....

Old 10-02-2009, 10:55 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I am very sure that she will get reelected.
Okay let's wait and we speak again in 2010....., If I loose, I will admit you were right

Old 10-02-2009, 11:39 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
While I hate to get in these left/right finger pointing threads, I could not help but answer your calls. Did pelosi not say that she knew nothing of the interrogation techniques used by the CIA? Yet this proves differently.

This can be found here.... Capitol Briefing - CIA Says Pelosi Was Briefed on Use of 'Enhanced Interrogations'
Sorry - this isn't an example of anybody lying. She says the CIA misled congress. The CIA disagrees. They were the one's violating the law by torturing people, and have an obvious motive to lie about that. You could say that Pelosi has a motive to lie. How do you know which is right? Could it be you are predisposed to hate Pelosi?

Again - you haven't shown me that Pelosi lied. Only that there is finger-pointing going on.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:13 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
What has she lied about? And please - cite her actual words, in context. Don't just lie about her in an attempt to paint her as a liar.
Several things that leads to distrust for her.
Calling the CIA Liars. her lie abotu claiming she was not informed on waterboarding.
Nancy Pelosi Is Lying : NO QUARTER

She lies about catholics:
Hot Air » Blog Archive » Pelosi lies about Catholicism and abortion

nancy in her own words lieing about jobless

YouTube - Nancy Pelosi: Dumber than Soap

Old 10-02-2009, 12:30 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'll stand behind him on rooting out fraud, but the "die quickly" comment is unacceptable. I think he was hoping for Joe Wilson celebrity status, and nothing more.
Yes, insurance companies and their allies, the Republicans, DO put forth an unacceptable policy of "die quickly" so we can make more money.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:46 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, insurance companies and their allies, the Republicans, DO put forth an unacceptable policy of "die quickly" so we can make more money.
Yes, and Trial Lawyers and their allies the Democrats do increase the cost of healthcare each year by filing frivolous lawsuits and forcing doctors and hospitals to practice defensive medicine which amounts to a 1/3 of total spending on healthcare each year. The Democrats are puposefully not engaging in any tort reform or caps on punitive damages because their contributors, the lawyers, are greedy and want to make money by suing for millions in punitive damages. They don't want to place caps on punitive damages because that's where the lawyers make all their money. Punitive damages do not affect the patients who have been harmed. The patients will still get their medical bills, future medical costs, lost wages and future lost wages paid for. The punitive damages are the lawyers' fees for all intents and purposes. The higher they can sue for punitive damages, the more money they will make. A professor at a law school was not embarrassed to publicly state that an $89,000 avg trial lawyer fee in California, a state that caps punitive damages, was not enough money to lure most trial lawyers to take cases. That isn't what the patient is awarded, that is what the lawyer is paid. $89K is not enough money for one case? Family practice doctors average 129K a year nationally and a laywer can't accept more than half that doctor's salary on one case! The Democrats do nothing to lawyers. Obama gave a shallow and vague comment about malpractice during his speech with essentially a "We'll look into it" meaning "I'm not going to do a dam thing but I will say this to make it sound like I care"

Why don't we just agree that both parties have their shady contributors

Old 10-02-2009, 02:49 PM

974 posts, read 1,587,633 times
Quote:
Sorry - this isn't an example of anybody lying. She says the CIA misled congress. The CIA disagrees. They were the one's violating the law by torturing people, and have an obvious motive to lie about that. You could say that Pelosi has a motive to lie. How do you know which is right? Could it be you are predisposed to hate Pelosi?

Again - you haven't shown me that Pelosi lied. Only that there is finger-pointing going on.

I'm sorry Idahogie. It is clearly a case of her lying. She stated in 2007 that she had no knowledge of the waterboarding of prisoners. It clearly shows that in 2002 she was on a panel that received the details of what the prisoners were being put through. I fail to see how this makes my predisposed to hate pelosi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies