Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 12:38 PM

795 posts, read 2,298,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Morgandy View Post
Are there any others here who are progressive minded with an eye towards sustainability or is everyone here a right winged libertarian?
A Progressive is a person who loathes the Constitution, despises the Bill of Rights, and would not vote for a candidate who declared his faith in the fundamental principles of our Government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 12:41 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Progress: Craz-E Burger: Americans embrace 1,500 calorie doughnut burger - Telegraph

Something into which progressives can sink their teeth.
As someone who loves deepfried and salty things --- that just looks gross to me.

Now if you want to talk about deep fried okra or mushrooms...mmmmmmm

Old 10-07-2009, 12:42 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
As someone who loves deepfried and salty things --- that just looks gross to me.

Now if you want to talk about deep fried okra or mushrooms...mmmmmmm
How about Deep fried Oreos! ...as an Italian, Zeppolis are unbeatable though!

Old 10-07-2009, 12:42 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Oh you'll find there are some like-minded people on here, I'm one of them. Just ignore the other crazies, they're on here just to get a rise out of people.
Yes, they attempt to wear one down with stupidity and the repetition. They repeat the same rhetoric over and over again...kind of like Chinese water torture. If you respond to them, they respond back as if you had not debunked their asinine comments. They are so "indoctrinated" by the fringe lunatics that they throw the term around as if this has not been perpetrated on them. You can put them on your "ignore" list so as not to be tempted to respond their uninformed nonsense. They are like mosquitos.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 10-07-2009 at 12:56 PM..

Old 10-07-2009, 12:43 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
Beck scares you too eh?
Hmmm the words of Beck or the words of Obama....
I wonder which one is really scary.
Or the fact that congress and the president and even the last congress and president use fear, lies and propoganda to get you to agree to anything. They dont manage wars, the budget, bailout everyone, spend and spend and dont read the bills they pass. hmmm that is scary.

I do notice that Beck points that out often to American people and Big government idiots and authority junkies have a hard time with understanding republicans and democrats have destroyed this country.
Liberals and Bush NeoCons.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:43 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Hilarious.
They will be all up in arms asking for a nanny law to stop the sale of the DOUGHNUT BURGER!!!
Well, SOMEONE has to protect them from themselves.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:44 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Hmmm the words of Beck or the words of Obama....
I wonder which one is really scary.

Both are meaningless ....so whats the point?

Old 10-07-2009, 12:45 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,632,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Morgandy View Post
Are there any others here who are progressive minded with an eye towards sustainability or is everyone here a right winged libertarian?

certainly not the rightwing American type................what do you propose by sustainability?

Old 10-07-2009, 12:46 PM

68 posts, read 88,109 times
There have certainly been problems on both ends of the spectrum, but the Glenn Beck and fox "news" crowd has went comepletely off of the deep end and it is impossible to have a rational conversation with such people.

As a political writer, I have to deal with these people and respond to them on a professional level, so when it comes to my personal life I certainly have no problem bannishing them to iggyland. I prefer to spend my down time engaging in genuine conversations that are fruitful and for the betterment of myself and others.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:46 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
The point is, I appreciate just about everyone on these boards and what they bring to the party. It doesn't matter if I 'one of them' or not. I appreciate their ability to articulate what is on their mind, why they think/feel the way they do and what that means for the country at large. I have also learned that just because someone doesn't agree with me doesn't mean that they are my enemy (with a few notable exceptions). It just means that they have a different vision for the country.

Who would voluntarily miss out on all of that?
Those who consider themselves 'The Anointed.'

Amazon.com: The Vision of the Anointed: Self-Congratulation as a Basis for Social Policy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies