Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama himself shocked by the decision?
Yes, Obama himself was bewildered and wondered what drugs the committee is on 165 70.21%
No, Obama felt fully deserving of the award. Whether the award would come was never in question. 70 29.79%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 05:55 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,063,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Yep...makes things pretty monotonous, doesn't it?
You know what is even MORE monotonous? The responses from the left - all the same, all the time, 24/7.

It seems the concensus from around the world is; an award completely undeserving which has basically made the award itself a joke, not to mention the punchline for every late night comic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 06:16 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,208,099 times
And he still has the Prize....he won....AGAIN

Monotony is the rightists trying to undermine the United States by claiming the President does not deserve the Peace Prize (ignoring the millions of people who are happy he won it.....)......rightists are definitely on the side of terrorists.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:48 AM

956 posts, read 1,238,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
wow 1666 posts and there's still whining about Obama being awarded the NPP....unbelievable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Tell me about it.

But that is what most of the right is good for. Whining and crying and throwing tea parties.
The only whining I've seen here is coming from the left. But away from this board, out in the real world, it sure appears to me that the astonishment over this "prize" came from both sides, left and right alike.

It isn't that it's important at all; it's just that it's curious when someone earns an award for accomplishing nothing so far. Could he receive the award a few years down the road??? Possibly. Who knows?

But there are very few, except those on the extreme left (many of whom are right here in this forum), who support the prize being awarded to Obama at this point in time.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
The only whining I've seen here is coming from the left. But away from this board, out in the real world, it sure appears to me that the astonishment over this "prize" came from both sides, left and right alike.

It isn't that it's important at all; it's just that it's curious when someone earns an award for accomplishing nothing so far. Could he receive the award a few years down the road??? Possibly. Who knows?

But there are very few, except those on the extreme left (many of whom are right here in this forum), who support the prize being awarded to Obama at this point in time.
"""""The only whining I've seen here is coming from the left. """"

Proclaiming that he won it for nothing is WHINING.

I don't expect you to read all 1600 posts but the rightists here are WHINING because Obama won it.....the lefties are happy....

Old 10-20-2009, 07:21 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,063,102 times
Quote:
You are correct. There are numerous comments and articles from the Left who agree that he has done nothing to deserve the award. They also realize this "honor" from the Nobel committee does nothing for him, in fact, it hurts him. The initial reaction of people from around the world was; What for? That is not something the WH wants people to be thinking about; just how little he has accomplished and the little he has, has been a complete failure.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And he still has the Prize....he won....AGAIN

Monotony is the rightists trying to undermine the United States by claiming the President does not deserve the Peace Prize (ignoring the millions of people who are happy he won it.....)......rightists are definitely on the side of terrorists.
Quote:
"""""The only whining I've seen here is coming from the left. """"

Proclaiming that he won it for nothing is WHINING.

I don't expect you to read all 1600 posts but the rightists here are WHINING because Obama won it.....the lefties are happy....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You are correct. There are numerous comments and articles from the Left who agree that he has done nothing to deserve the award. They also realize this "honor" from the Nobel committee does nothing for him, in fact, it hurts him. The initial reaction of people from around the world was; What for? That is not something the WH wants people to be thinking about; just how little he has accomplished and the little he has, has been a complete failure.
So glad to see that after 1600+ posts you're not still whining about it still...yet....again........

And he still has it...

Old 10-20-2009, 11:09 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,030,050 times
Quote:
So glad to see that after 1600+ posts you're not still whining about it still...yet....again........

And he still has it...
He will always be the 44th POTUS with a Nobel Prize and two best-sellers...
the right is so resentful and envious that it truly does make a person smile!
Yep...he still has it.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:13 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,750,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
He will always be the 44th POTUS with a Nobel Prize and two best-sellers...
the right is so resentful and envious that it truly does make a person smile!
Yep...he still has it.
Yep. He still has it. Now, let's see what he does to earn it.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:28 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,030,050 times
I'd say the work he's done with Dick Lugar on nuclear proliferation is a darn good start.

Obama̢۪s Ties to Lugar Give Republican Support on Foreign Policy - Bloomberg.com

Old 10-21-2009, 05:16 AM

24,491 posts, read 23,196,907 times
Did I see even Gary Trudeau make a timid little jab at Obama in Doonesbury over this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies