Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 03:56 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
An utter effort in futility since the critics don't give a rat's but about Afghan policy, instead all they care about is another topic to rank on Obama about. Search the board and see how well any thread that actually attempted to discuss policy and you will see what I mean.
That's the best assessment of any thread concerning Afghanistan I've seen on this board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 04:02 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
I cannot understand why he is waiting this out.

I kinda believe he is struggling because if he loses Iraq and or it goes backwards on his watch he will get the total blame for it. So, he is not removing troops from Iraq as he promised and sending more troops to Afghanistan as requested for some reason.

I have been saying all along he struggles with making good decisions and this is one perfect example of his massive weakness on decision making.

I believe his abilities to make a quick good decision is very weak and this one is front and center because he is getting the blame for the upswing in attacks recently.

He is dropping the ball completely.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:06 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Really, bona fide what? Ronald Reagan, as I understand it, had around a C avg. in college. Not even sure where he went to school, don't really care, it is the results that are important,- not the monikers.
I have always marveled at how two people, even well educated people, can look at the same set of circumstances and come up with two diametrically opposed assessments of the facts. I think some have a better knack for reading between the lines, good old fashioned character assessment.
When Obama first became President I remember someone making he assessment, i have no idea if it is a "bona fide" assessmnet, that he had an I.Q. of 123. Ironically that is what I registered in college. It is not the typical 105 and it is not the 140+ of say a Senator Bradley.
I don't think leadership has on balance a lot to do with I.Q. I think it has much more to do with analytical ability and making the right call. The growth that comes through individual experienc. Obama is not making very many of the right calls in my opinion.
It is past due time to pull our troops out of Afghanistan. This is particularly true because Obama does not have the stomach or the political will to win as did George Bush. The generals know this as do you and as do I. If you do not have the political and leadership will to win, then it is immoral to put our brave young men and women in harms way. When the rules of engagement change in favor of the enemy you are destined to lose. Wars are won with overwhelming force, not to the pandering of dictaors.
The shoot only after you have been shot at strategy is a failed ideology, a foolish ideology, that is always the tool of leftist thinking leaders except those like Che, Castro, etc. ad infinitum. Those folks were more narcissists than freedom fighters. It was all about them. With Obama it is also all about him. He is a border line psychopathic narcissist.
Obama acts not from a perspective of what is ultimately good for the country. He acts from a perspective of what will it accomplish for myself and for like minded people.
He should have never been elected President of this country. Not because he is a necessarily bad person, I don't believe that he is even though, I take some pause at his associations with the people he has surrounded himself with and kept company with.
Which takes me back to my original supposition, it does not mattter necessarily that a person has a gift for taking tests or regurgitating the material in an impressive fashion. It matters more that the individual have the discernment to interpret, analyse, and take the correct path.
Mr. Obama fails and fails rather miserably when he attacks his own country and he particularly illuminates his own narcissism when he does this. When it is more about a mans image than his positive effect for his countrymen it is a very dangerous situation. Obama presents a very dangerous situation for the moral, ethical, and economical well being of the greatest country the world has ever known.
Greatness is not a product of assimilation of the common denominator, of championing the weak. Greatness defends the weak and challenges the strong to be stronger. I am not willing to endorse and follow the "Che" President, no matter how eloquently you present Neo-Marxism it is still Marxism.
IQ means zero in this case.

Ronald Reagan has wisdom and courage that carried him a long way.
Common sense on top of that.

Obama seems to struggle with all of those and if his IQ is so great he surely is not showing it to us.

I believe that Obama was way over rated to being with and we are just seeing the results of his lack of experience, leadership skills and of course his lack of common sense and wisdom truly hurt him.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:21 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
You are inaccurate here, actually the military option as established by Obama has not yet been executed.
How long have they been there ? Have they smoked em out yet ? Are they on the run ? No they are not. The US will waste more lives, and more money because it can't admit defeat. And no, I am not moving to France. A million US soldiers will not bring them to their knees. I admire those farmers who take up arms to protect themselves against the invaders. Why shouldn't they defend their families, homes, and country ? It must be hell having a drone kill your children because there was a wild rumor that a "terrist" was hiding in your kitchen.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:39 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
How long have they been there ? Have they smoked em out yet ? Are they on the run ? No they are not. The US will waste more lives, and more money because it can't admit defeat. And no, I am not moving to France. A million US soldiers will not bring them to their knees. I admire those farmers who take up arms to protect themselves against the invaders. Why shouldn't they defend their families, homes, and country ? It must be hell having a drone kill your children because there was a wild rumor that a "terrist" was hiding in your kitchen.
Obama is the one who established the concept of altering the focus to Afghanistan from Iraq, including enhancing troop strength.

Your admiration and support of the Taliban and Al Qaeda is noted, and is consistent with what you have expressed in multiple discussions. However, despite your speculation about outcomes, the US has not executed the Afghanistan plan as proposed by Obama.

He still hasn't provided the resources to backup his sentiments.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
An utter effort in futility since the critics don't give a rat's but about Afghan policy, instead all they care about is another topic to rank on Obama about. Search the board and see how well any thread that actually attempted to discuss policy and you will see what I mean.
Obama set the Afghanistan policy a couple of months after taking office, to discuss how it is resourced and progressing (or not progressing) is certainly a legitimate topic for those not worshipping him, and in awe of his every move.

Facts are still facts, despite what you may want to spin.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:48 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,046 times
Funny how some people seem to think they know more about whats going on than the PRESIDENT,,,I believe he has most of the real facts and no one here does. Maybe to step up the fighting (which will get us troops killed for sure) he is trying to decide if he wants to go ahead and draft your sons and send them over there with the real forse people think would be so easy to do......The ones demanding more men might change their mind then. Obama can do it if he wants to so keep demanding action,,You might get some you dont want.If you recall one of the things Bush said when he was making deals to be re-elected was he would never draft and send our sons over there,,OBAMA HAS MADE NO SUCH PROMISE,,,

Old 10-10-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Funny how some people seem to think they know more about whats going on than the PRESIDENT,,,I believe he has most of the real facts and no one here does. Maybe to step up the fighting (which will get us troops killed for sure) he is trying to decide if he wants to go ahead and draft your sons and send them over there with the real forse people think would be so easy to do......The ones demanding more men might change their mind then. Obama can do it if he wants to so keep demanding action,,You might get some you dont want.If you recall one of the things Bush said when he was making deals to be re-elected was he would never draft and send our sons over there,,OBAMA HAS MADE NO SUCH PROMISE,,,
Actually, this has to do with Obama analyzing the issue and coming to a decision, then apparently no being willing to provide the resources to back up what he proposed.

Also, since you feel the PRESIDENT has the real facts and no one else does, this must mean you fully supported Bush in Iraq....

Old 10-10-2009, 06:07 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
Quote:
Actually, this has to do with Obama analyzing the issue and coming to a decision, then apparently no being willing to provide the resources to back up what he proposed.

Also, since you feel the PRESIDENT has the real facts and no one else does, this must mean you fully supported Bush in Iraq....

At the end of March, the President issue his goal for the region.

McChrystal was assigned, and was confirmed in June.

Gen. McChrystal then published 3 reports over then summer, a new tactical directive, a new counter insurancy guideline and his initial assesment.

A new implantation plan was drawn up and reviewed by the NSC.

A new NATO approach document was written, with resource options to be discussed (the often quoted, leaked document).

The white house met with the military (Gen Petraeus & McChrystal via videophone) and has scheduled 2 more meetings next week.

The President hasn't delayed a thing.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:09 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,046 times
Quote:

Yes I supported Bush as many others have. The facts now show that Bush wasnt honest with us and had a secret agenda .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies