Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 07:35 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
And what of Newspeak?
Did it offer honest,responsible dissent?

Currently it offer NO dissent,as that would be in opposition to Obama.
Huh? Newsweek et al. certainly do criticize Obama.

Search for "obama" - Newsweek.com (http://search.newsweek.com/search?q=obama - broken link)

I guess not in Faux World, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 07:37 AM

94 posts, read 107,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Funny, that's just what MediaMatters does.
Then what's your complaint?

Old 10-19-2009, 07:40 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,319,109 times
Quote:
Huh? Newsweek et al. certainly do criticize Obama.

Search for "obama" - Newsweek.com (http://search.newsweek.com/search?q=obama - broken link)

I guess not in Faux World, though.
Newsweek's own editor referred to Obama as a "God", do you think they can be considered anything but in the tank for him?

Old 10-19-2009, 07:42 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Quote:
And what of Newspeak?
Did it offer honest,responsible dissent?

Currently it offer NO dissent,as that would be in opposition to Obama.
I take this back,I do not want to emulate the left and their way of attacking without knowing,I do not read Newspeak so cannot know the level of its support for Obama.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:43 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
FOX "News" is entertainment consistently of an especially biased view of this country. Unfortunately, those viewers who are not able to comprehend that it is entertainment are precisely those viewers most ready to embrace their message of bigotry and hate, and believe it to be fact.
Bigotry and hate?

Examples please.

I'd be willing to bet you've not watched Fox News from start to finish, beginning with the Fox & Friends morning show all the way through Greta Van Sustren. Something tells me you'll come back with a plate chock-full of Glenn Beck examples, which means you have been bought and sold on the anti-Fox News spin that you are fed by your liberal media mouthpieces.

If i'm wrong, you'll come back with plenty of "hate and bigotry" examples that span the entire lineup of shows. If you can prove "hate and bigotry" is the modus operandi at Fox News, i'll glady concede that I am wrong.

I highly doubt you can make the case. We'll see.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:
I do not read Newspeak so cannot know the level of its support for Obama.
Correct

Old 10-19-2009, 07:45 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Quote:
Correct
So...how much Fox news do you currently watch?

Old 10-19-2009, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Newsweek's own editor refered to Obama as a "God", do you think they can be considered anything but in the tank for him?
Their own assistant managing editor, you mean? This is what he meant (real world talking here ma'am):

"What I said was: 'In a way, Obama's standing above the country, above -- above the world, a sort of god.' I was not being literal. During a discussion about presidential rhetoric, I was comparing Ronald Reagan's patriotic appeals with Obama's attempt to transcend parochialism.'"

Old 10-19-2009, 07:51 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,319,109 times
Quote:
Their own assistant managing editor, you mean? This is what he meant (real world talking here ma'am):

"What I said was: 'In a way, Obama's standing above the country, above -- above the world, a sort of god.' I was not being literal. During a discussion about presidential rhetoric, I was comparing Ronald Reagan's patriotic appeals with Obama's attempt to transcend parochialism.'"
(I'm a sir, ma'am)
Your quote does nothing to change the fact that in the "real world" this editor is fawning over Obama and elevating him to otherworldly status.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:53 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
The O'Garbage Factor: Fox News isn't just bad. It's un-American."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any news organization that took its responsibilities seriously would take pains to cover presidential criticism fairly. It would regard doing so as itself a test of integrity.

you mean like MSNBC and olbermann/maddcow???? for the last 8 years all they did was bash bush and that admin.. olbermann was even saying to HANG bush.....

......funny I dont hear you complaining about the "un-american" station
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies