Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 12:09 PM

9,504 posts, read 9,830,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Id like to say "you're welcome" but I wouldnt have known about the "article" if someone hadnt posted it on another thread.
So did you actually click on the link, go to the Fox News website and then to WND? If you did, then you supported Fox. Each click on a Fox website helps them charge more to their advertisers.

So, again, like you and the idiots in the WH, Fox thanks you for your support!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 12:15 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,851,419 times
I think some of you should watch the video of her talking about this issue

Old 10-19-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Jadex, Faux told you the White House representatives were "going after" them, but they were not and did not. Axelrod and Emanuel both simply answered questions put to them -- one tacked-on question -- at the end of their shows. They did not bring up the topic of Faux. They both answered with basically the same comment: that Faux is not a news organization. Axelrod said that "we" would go on Faux, and Emanuel on his show pointed out what actually does occupy the attention of the WH. (Hint: it aint Faux.)

So because you all only watch/read Faux, you have a skewed perception of what actually happened... of reality.

Your comment, "...sure does make me feel like my right to free speech is protected" -- that's EXACTLY what Faux wants you to take away.
So these Senior Advisors are not out to hurt Fox?? You never answered me in your other 3 threads about Fox.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:19 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
So did you actually click on the link, go to the Fox News website and then to WND? If you did, then you supported Fox. Each click on a Fox website helps them charge more to their advertisers.

So, again, like you and the idiots in the WH, Fox thanks you for your support!
Lol. They charge for people to get at the truth. Figures!

Old 10-19-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Lol. They charge for people to get at the truth. Figures!
LOL, so now I guess a news organization should work for FREE!!

Old 10-19-2009, 12:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Id like to say "you're welcome" but I wouldnt have known about the "article" if someone hadnt posted it on another thread.
And when I read both Fox and FND articles that I got by looking at what you linked us to I found that they didn't come close to saying what you accused them of saying. Both articles started out with the same first paragraph. Here are the words from FND that you called lies:

TEL AVIV – President Obama's presidential campaign focused on "making" the news media cover certain issues while rarely communicating anything to the press unless it was "controlled," White House Communications Director Anita Dunn disclosed to the Dominican government at a videotaped conference.

"Very rarely did we communicate through the press anything that we didn't absolutely control," said Dunn.

"One of the reasons we did so many of the David Plouffe videos was not just for our supporters, but also because it was a way for us to get our message out without having to actually talk to reporters," said Dunn, referring to Plouffe, who was Obama's chief campaign manager.

"We just put that out there and made them write what Plouffe had said as opposed to Plouffe doing an interview with a reporter. So it was very much we controlled it as opposed to the press controlled it," Dunn said.

Now it seems to me that Dunn was telling people that the Dems avoided having to talk to reporters about uncomfortable things by putting out only what they wanted talked about and keeping other things back. I wonder if that policy is part of why we see them doing so many things other than what they promised. She mentioned Stop the Smears where they tried to make many things appear to be smears when sometimes they had never been said.

I think you need to go back and study what you linked a bit, nice lady. You missed what is there, completely.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
And when I read both Fox and FND articles that I got by looking at what you linked us to I found that they didn't come close to saying what you accused them of saying. Both articles started out with the same first paragraph. Here are the words from FND that you called lies:

TEL AVIV – President Obama's presidential campaign focused on "making" the news media cover certain issues while rarely communicating anything to the press unless it was "controlled," White House Communications Director Anita Dunn disclosed to the Dominican government at a videotaped conference.

"Very rarely did we communicate through the press anything that we didn't absolutely control," said Dunn.

"One of the reasons we did so many of the David Plouffe videos was not just for our supporters, but also because it was a way for us to get our message out without having to actually talk to reporters," said Dunn, referring to Plouffe, who was Obama's chief campaign manager.

"We just put that out there and made them write what Plouffe had said as opposed to Plouffe doing an interview with a reporter. So it was very much we controlled it as opposed to the press controlled it," Dunn said.

Now it seems to me that Dunn was telling people that the Dems avoided having to talk to reporters about uncomfortable things by putting out only what they wanted talked about and keeping other things back. I wonder if that policy is part of why we see them doing so many things other than what they promised. She mentioned Stop the Smears where they tried to make many things appear to be smears when sometimes they had never been said.

I think you need to go back and study what you linked a bit, nice lady. You missed what is there, completely.
the OP is so busy making new threads about Fox news, it's hard for the OP to actually get the facts straight!

Old 10-19-2009, 12:27 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,998,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

But she never says "We Control the Media." She's talking about putting campaign video out on the web without the use of media organizations. The title of this story is very misleading in my opinion.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Well, dont read the OP or anything.

(The headline lies; the first paragraphs mislead; the fact is tossed in at the bottom of a linked page on another website; Faux readers -- as Faux proves time and again -- arent the type to read an entire article.)
I read the whole thing from Fox and the whole thing from WND and found that both said they were quoting words from Dunn that said they controlled what was said during the campaign.

Guess what I just heard the lady in question say on Fox News channel and I mean just heard. I think you are trying a bit too hard to take down Fox. If they tried to control these things during the campaign why would they stop now since it did work very well for them then.

In case you wonder about her talking just now, she mentioned Plouffe and his form of propaganda. No, she didn't say that dirty "p" word but we know about it.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:28 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
The headline: "WH Admits: We 'Control' News Media"

The "article" (picked up from WND):
President Obama's presidential campaign focused on "making" the news media cover certain issues while rarely communicating anything to the press unless it was "controlled," White House Communications Director Anita Dunn disclosed to the Dominican government at a videotaped conference.

"Very rarely did we communicate through the press anything that we didn't absolutely control," said Dunn READ MORE
And it's that "READ MORE" where Faux proves it has no respect for its readers. Because when you click "READ MORE", you're sent to the original article at WND which finally admits -- below the fold of course -- that Dunn was speaking on January 12 about how the Obama team communicated DURING HIS PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN.

Nothing to do with the present day or present circumstances. EVERYTHING to do with Faux et al. advancing their game that they're being attacked by the WH.

FoxNation | WH Admits: We 'Control' News Media (http://www.thefoxnation.com/white-house/2009/10/18/wh-admits-we-control-news-media - broken link)

This is just the most recent example I see of their standard operating procedure which has been called to your attention myriad times on this forum.

So Faux viewers and readers... and WND fans... do you really like being LIED TO like this... being so blatantly disrespected?

I missed the part where Fox News said this was a recent interview. I do see in the first line of the text you provided the words "focused" and "controlled". Those words indicate something has been done in he past, and since they are talking about last years campaign, I'm not sure what could possibly be unclear at this point.

I watched the video as she referred to things being done in the past tense. If you're too stupid to understand past tense referring to something that happened in the past (like the campaign), you won't understand the written text anyway.

So they admit they manipulated the news media during the campaign, but, as you seem to assert, they have since found religion and do everything above board now?

Sorry, but I'm still skeptical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies