Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 08:44 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Throw off the government books;how that is a good one. Or where you actaully serious?
Yes, like anyone else who is required to do bookkeeping you'll have to omit activities which will throw off the books.

Don't get me wrong, I admit I don't know if that is the case with the government, but I just wonder where the goverment would log it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 08:45 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,829 times
Uh, "bubbles" are created by over-investment, er malinvestment, made possible by fractional reserve banking and, in modern times, the legalized counterfeiting by the private Morgan Reserve. Any other interpretation is either foolish or an outright lie.

Higher taxes on the rich may "prevent" bubbles, but that is because the rich have less incentive and money to invest. No over-investment, no bubbles.

"Crashes", depressions, panics, whatever occur when investors actually seek the returns on malinvestment.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:46 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Here's a paragrah from an article I provided a link to in post #43...

A very small niche of America's uber-wealthy have pulled off what may well be the biggest con job in the history of our republic, and they did it in a startlingly brief 30 or so years. True, they spent over three billion dollars to make it happen, but the reward to them was in the hundreds of billions -- and will continue to be.
Do you volunteer extra tax $$$ every year?

Old 10-23-2009, 08:46 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I remember Warren Buffet saying the same thing in US. I don't think I agree with their approach, but I must admit they truly want to help their countries and are ready to sacrifice.

Rich Germans demand higher taxes

BBC NEWS | Europe | Rich Germans demand higher taxes

A group of rich Germans has launched a petition calling for the government to make wealthy people pay higher taxes.
The group say they have more money than they need, and the extra revenue could fund economic and social programmes to aid Germany's economic recovery.

Germany could raise 100bn euros if the richest people paid a 5% wealth tax for two years, they say.
Why don't people who want to pay higher taxes just send in their checks and be done with it, instead of roping everyone else into their ideology...that would be more credible than this bunk...

Old 10-23-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Why don't people who want to pay higher taxes just send in their checks and be done with it, instead of roping everyone else into their ideology...that would be more credible than this bunk...
Well .002% disagree with you

Old 10-23-2009, 08:58 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Yes, like anyone else who is required to do bookkeeping you'll have to omit activities which will throw off the books.

Don't get me wrong, I admit I don't know if that is the case with the government, but I just wonder where the goverment would log it.
The IRS actually has a mailing address for those who would like to donate to the government. They accept cash, cars, gold, coins, property, and anything else of value one would like to donate. I tried to find the address online but couldnt

Old 10-23-2009, 08:59 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Do you volunteer extra tax $$$ every year?
Did you read the article? I'm not one of the mega rich. I'd be more than glad to pay more if I were if it meant stabilizing my country's economy and keeping a strong and productive middle class. The country that allowed me to attain wealth, no less. Bush's tax cuts for the rich, especially during a time of war were absurd. Did you bother to read the article?

Thom Hartmann: The Great Tax Con Job

Old 10-23-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Did you read the article? I'm not one of the mega rich. I'd be more than glad to pay more if I were if it meant stabilizing my country's economy and keeping a strong and productive middle class. The country that allowed me to attain wealth, no less. Bush's tax cuts for the rich, especially during a time of war were absurd. Did you bother to read the article?

Thom Hartmann: The Great Tax Con Job
No need.
He sounds like a hypocrite as well, who doesn't volunteer extra $$$ but thinks others should, while he eats out, drinks beer, does recreational drugs and goes on a cruise...

I'm not on board with your agenda, but apparently .002% of wealthy Germans agree with you.

8,998 posts, read 14,786,757 times
Quote:
I remember Warren Buffet saying the same thing in US. I don't think I agree with their approach, but I must admit they truly want to help their countries and are ready to sacrifice.

A group of rich Germans has launched a petition calling for the government to make wealthy people pay higher taxes.
The group say they have more money than they need, and the extra revenue could fund economic and social programmes to aid Germany's economic recovery.

Germany could raise 100bn euros if the richest people paid a 5% wealth tax for two years, they say.
::sigh::
Yet another reason I want to live in Germany.

2,917 posts, read 4,766,393 times
Quote:

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn what the Germans do in their own country. What does this have to do with the U.S., anyway? Nothing, absolutely, emphatically nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies