Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2009, 08:12 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
No, Hombre. It is an attempt to show you the basis for modern American liberalism. Again, I thought that every educated person knew about the Frankfurt Group. You should know about them and what they have done here in the US. It is your liberal heritage, but you cannot look at it, much as someone who has made a terrible mistake does not want to review the situation in their minds. Facts and introspection can be painful, but to deny the facts is simply burying one's head in the sand and demanding further insult.

Let's review- Here is what the Franfurt Group set out to establish in the US in an effort to destroy the nation and make it more susceptible to marxism.

1. The creation of racism offences.
2. Continual change to create confusion
3. The teaching of sex and homosexuality to children
4. The undermining of schools’ and teachers’ authority
5. Huge immigration to destroy identity.
6. The promotion of excessive drinking
7. Emptying of churches
8. An unreliable legal system with bias against victims of crime
9. Dependency on the state or state benefits
10. Control and dumbing down of media
11. Encouraging the breakdown of the family

Do these look familiar to you? It is your liberal views. You must understand that your views, which you consider to be virtuous, were created maliciously to destroy western culture and are the instrument of evil. You, as a liberal, are simply a useful idiot for them in implementing these policies- in an effect, you are on the side of evil. Take a look and be honest with yourself.

I had always thought that libs were intentionally evil, knowing that they were tools of the Frankfurt Group and Stalin's legacy. Again, I am somewhat relieved that they are mostly just ignorant and have no idea why or where thier views originated.
I can't believe that you would be duped into thinking that some obscure group would be the basis for liberal thinking in America and that not only would all the liberals be aware of it, they would embrace this evil BY CHOICE. That is the ravings of lunacy. And you ask people to kindly just admit to this reality. I kind of picture you torturing this out of some innocent person who doesn't have a clue what you're talking about. Very sad.

Could it be that this group's goals are published just to incite division? I see so many conservatives blame liberals for things so unrelated to ideology that I'm amazed these people can type. "Yes, other people (wiping drool from corner of mouth), are EVIL...must destroy..." But understand that I am also utterly convinced there is a liberal equivalent to this group that assigns all the failings of society to their conservative enemies.

1. The creation of racism offenses. I think the KKK would be considered more of a conservative group than a liberal one. This appears to contradict number five.

2. Continual change to create confusion. Yes, the universal inevitability of "change" is a liberal scourge! This is laughable. However, there is a deliberate attempt to overwhelm our ability to discern reality through saturation with useless data and the promotion of a sedentary lifestyle.

3. The teaching of sex and homosexuality to children. Children should learn about sex. They should also be made aware of homosexuality since ignoring it won't make it go away. Knowledge about sex is a good idea, but what's really missing is the component of love. I think those who know the power of sexuality are deliberately ruining it by removing love from an act that is at the root of our existence.

4. The undermining of schools’ and teachers’ authority. I think the conservatives are much more apt to undermine a teacher's authority since they have such a long list of things they don't want people to know. This is definitely a conservative concept.

5. Huge immigration to destroy identity. It's not identity that's being destroyed, it's a sense of commonality, unity. It's easier to rule over others when those others can't find enough things to unify them together. Besides, isn't it conservative big business owners who want to employ immigrants so they can save on labor costs?

6. The promotion of excessive drinking. Hmm, I'd bet there's more empty beer bottles at a Southern Conference football party than at a party involving two California teams. Although I don't drink, so I'm not affected by this trend.

7. Emptying of churches. The church has long been a bastion of authority and it has a long history of abusing its power. It really is all about power. People are leaving the churches because they intuit that they're being used and that the world they are experiencing cannot be explained by the church. Calling this a liberal idea is ridiculous since it seems so out of touch with reality. Its opposite is the suggestion that we should all bring religion back into our lives, something conservatives get orgasmic about.

8. An unreliable legal system with bias against victims of crime. No legal system will ever suffice as long as it doesn't take into consideration that both the victim and the oppressor work together to create the reality they encounter. Any bias against the victim is probably due to the fact that the criminals are running the system.

9. Dependency on the state or state benefits. This has nothing to do with liberal or conservative ideologies. In other words, it wouldn't matter who was running the government, if people depended on said government, they'd eventually become powerless. This one is neutral, but probably has some truth to it. I wouldn't put it past the power elite to use the corporatocracy to enslave us.

10. Control and dumbing down of media. Again, any ideology could benefit from this. Why would this be particularly a liberal agenda? Controlling the flow of information is a sure sign of totalitarianism, usually a state of affairs installed by those on the right.

11. Encouraging the breakdown of the family. Who would ever believe this? Who would even want families to break down? This is utter nonsense. We are all enduring change and that change involves a rethinking of ourselves. I do believe that family is important, but "family" is often not the people who give birth to us. It's better for people to unify themselves with people they want than to be stuck with the wrong people or with a society that forces people into rigid structures.

Last edited by mhouse2001; 10-26-2009 at 08:23 PM..

Old 10-26-2009, 08:43 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I can't believe that you would be duped into thinking that some obscure group would be the basis for liberal thinking in America and that not only would all the liberals be aware of it, they would embrace this evil BY CHOICE. That is the ravings of lunacy. And you ask people to kindly just admit to this reality. I kind of picture you torturing this out of some innocent person who doesn't have a clue what you're talking about. Very sad.

Could it be that this group's goals are published just to incite division? I see so many conservatives blame liberals for things so unrelated to ideology that I'm amazed these people can type. "Yes, other people (wiping drool from corner of mouth), are EVIL...must destroy..." But understand that I am also utterly convinced there is a liberal equivalent to this group that assigns all the failings of society to their conservative enemies.

1. The creation of racism offenses. I think the KKK would be considered more of a conservative group than a liberal one. This appears to contradict number five.

2. Continual change to create confusion. Yes, the universal inevitability of "change" is a liberal scourge! This is laughable. However, there is a deliberate attempt to overwhelm our ability to discern reality through saturation with useless data and the promotion of a sedentary lifestyle.

3. The teaching of sex and homosexuality to children. Children should learn about sex. They should also be made aware of homosexuality since ignoring it won't make it go away. Knowledge about sex is a good idea, but what's really missing is the component of love. I think those who know the power of sexuality are deliberately ruining it by removing love from an act that is at the root of our existence.

4. The undermining of schools’ and teachers’ authority. I think the conservatives are much more apt to undermine a teacher's authority since they have such a long list of things they don't want people to know. This is definitely a conservative concept.

5. Huge immigration to destroy identity. It's not identity that's being destroyed, it's a sense of commonality, unity. It's easier to rule over others when those others can't find enough things to unify them together. Besides, isn't it conservative big business owners who want to employ immigrants so they can save on labor costs?

6. The promotion of excessive drinking. Hmm, I'd bet there's more empty beer bottles at a Southern Conference football party than at a party involving two California teams. Although I don't drink, so I'm not affected by this trend.

7. Emptying of churches. The church has long been a bastion of authority and it has a long history of abusing its power. It really is all about power. People are leaving the churches because they intuit that they're being used and that the world they are experiencing cannot be explained by the church. Calling this a liberal idea is ridiculous since it seems so out of touch with reality. Its opposite is the suggestion that we should all bring religion back into our lives, something conservatives get orgasmic about.

8. An unreliable legal system with bias against victims of crime. No legal system will ever suffice as long as it doesn't take into consideration that both the victim and the oppressor work together to create the reality they encounter. Any bias against the victim is probably due to the fact that the criminals are running the system.

9. Dependency on the state or state benefits. This has nothing to do with liberal or conservative ideologies. In other words, it wouldn't matter who was running the government, if people depended on said government, they'd eventually become powerless. This one is neutral, but probably has some truth to it. I wouldn't put it past the power elite to use the corporatocracy to enslave us.

10. Control and dumbing down of media. Again, any ideology could benefit from this. Why would this be particularly a liberal agenda? Controlling the flow of information is a sure sign of totalitarianism, usually a state of affairs installed by those on the right.

11. Encouraging the breakdown of the family. Who would ever believe this? Who would even want families to break down? This is utter nonsense. We are all enduring change and that change involves a rethinking of ourselves. I do believe that family is important, but "family" is often not the people who give birth to us. It's better for people to unify themselves with people they want than to be stuck with the wrong people or with a society that forces people into rigid structures.

Duped? I think those who have swallowed the liberal views of the Frankfurt Group have been duped. Again, read a little history and stop just rehashing the lines fed to you by the marxist handlers.

The Frankfurt Group and the founding of American liberalism is not some wierd fantasy, it is fact. You can look it up anywhere. I think that the libs who have unwittingly adopted these malevolent views have been fooled by a master at deciet- Stalin. Read the history of that group and its progression in the US and you will be a little saddened. You may even evaluate your "views", as they are based on malevolence.

11. Who would want the breakdown of the family? Leftists. Look who champions welfare, abortion rights, gay rights, and Johnson's Great Society. If you read marxist literature from the 1930s, the family was to be abolished and subservient to the state. All leftists hate family values (Hillary Clinton- it takes a village) relative to the power of the state.

10. Dumbing down of the media. Nearly all media in the US is liberal based. The media has been neutered to a puppet of the left. See the last election and the current attacks on Fox and talk radio.

9. Dependency on the state- it has everything to do with liberalism. Social security, welfare, medicare, medicaid and public housing are tools of the left to buy votes.

8. A legal system which favors criminals over victims. Are you kidding? See the current "justice" system

7. Emptying of churches. Marxism seeks to destroy the church and replace faith with devotion to the state. Stalin and Mao helped to eliminate religion from thier states to make the state supreme. Note the current liberal- godless and subservient only to the state, not God.

6. Promotion of drinking- yes and drugs. What party wants drugs and pot legalized? Well, that would be the dems.

5. Immigration? What party favors illegal immigrants? See Ted Kennedy in 1966.

4. Undermining of schools. See the teacher's union- all dems

3. The teaching of homosexuality. Hmmmmmmm.... what party is all for gay rights and education?

2. Change? Who had that as thier motto?

1. racism? What party has taken the word "racism" to new levels to villify opponnants. Now every political opponant is a "racist", regardless of thier real views.

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 10-26-2009 at 08:52 PM..

Old 10-26-2009, 09:16 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,662,396 times
Quote:
he Frankfurt Group and the founding of American liberalism is not some wierd fantasy, it is fact. You can look it up anywhere. I think that the libs who have unwittingly adopted these malevolent views have been fooled by a master at deciet- Stalin. Read the history of that group and its progression in the US and you will be a little saddened. You may even evaluate your "views", as they are based on malevolence.
First of all, you do realize that the Frankfurt School didn't come into existence until the mid-20th century, two centuries after the founding of the U.S.? These scholars were neo-Marxists, which means they were trying to explain why Marx's predictions didn't come true. They were also trying to explain the Holocaust.

Quote:
11. Who would want the breakdown of the family? Leftists. Look who champions welfare, abortion rights, gay rights, and Johnson's Great Society. If you read marxist literature from the 1930s, the family was to be abolished and subservient to the state. All leftists hate family values (Hillary Clinton- it takes a village) relative to the power of the state.
I don't see how these things break down the family as an organizing social unit. My conservative dad would agree with the "village" comment because he lived it. In the small, rural town where he grew up, the son of a widow, people looked after each others' kids--part of the fabric of the community. I don't see what the big deal is here.

Quote:
10. Dumbing down of the media. Nearly all media in the US is liberal based. The media has been neutered to a puppet of the left. See the last election and the current attacks on Fox and talk radio.
You should read the *Economist* sometime, which is an intelligent journal written from a free-market conservative perspective. Compare that discourse with what's on FOX.

Quote:
9. Dependency on the state- it has everything to do with liberalism. Social security, welfare, medicare, medicaid and public housing are tools of the left to buy votes.
Yes, but what about FHA loans and student loans, just to name a few? These were and are welfare programs for the middle class, and FHA loans used to exclude people of color. Small business loans are another example.

Quote:
8. A legal system which favors criminals over victims. Are you kidding? See the current "justice" system
I would need some specific examples here. In what specific ways does the legal system favor criminals? Mandatory minimums and 3-strike laws, all relatively recent, would seem specifically not to favor criminals.

Quote:
7. Emptying of churches. Marxism seeks to destroy the church and replace faith with devotion to the state. Stalin and Mao helped to eliminate religion from thier states to make the state supreme. Note the current liberal- godless and subservient only to the state, not God.
I am not sure I can go there with you. Liberals support the separation of church and state, of course, but that's in the Bill of Rights. Again, when has a liberal specifically discouraged someone from going to church?

Quote:
6. Promotion of drinking- yes and drugs. What party wants drugs and pot legalized? Well, that would be the dems.
Medical marijuana is intended for very specific purposes. Some people who argue for legalizing drugs do so because it would immediately eliminate a violent black market. Prohibition created organized crime, to a large extent, is the logic behind that.

Quote:
5. Immigration? What party favors illegal immigrants? See Ted Kennedy in 1966.
That example is 40 years old. Surely you can come up with something better than that.

Quote:
4. Undermining of schools. See the teacher's union- all dems
Again, specifically how do teachers' unions undermine schools?

Quote:
3. The teaching of homosexuality. Hmmmmmmm.... what party is all for gay rights and education?
Teaching that something exists is not the same as advocating it. And believe me, kids know that gay people exist. Why not talk to them in a neutral manner about that fact?

Quote:
2. Change? Who had that as thier motto?
What's wrong with change in and of itself? It was probably good that child labor ended, right? Wouldn't you agree that that was a good change?

Quote:
1. racism? What party has taken the word "racism" to new levels to villify opponnants. Now every political opponant is a "racist", regardless of thier real views.
Again, how specifically have liberals vilified opponents by charging them with racism? I want examples. If you're thinking about something like the Trent Lott thing, then yes, you might have a point. But Lott did suggest that the country would have been better off had Thurmond, a staunch segregationist, been elected. What kind of view of the world does that imply? I mean these questions and statements in all sincerity--I don't get why you think what you think.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:27 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,805,056 times
Because a patriotic american can't be a rightist, they are trying to destroy our beloved country by divide and conquer tactics at home and our armed forces by their constant wars for the oil companies they love
which have exhausted our brave troops and their equipment.

The rightists want us to be defenceless when they bring back slavery and establish their dictator on his throne and commence armageddon to rid the world of 4-5 billion riff-raf.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:08 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
How does what I posted = blind faith in the government????

Salary caps for bailed-out enterprises the new policy?

Freddie Mac's new chief financial officer, lured from the banking industry this month, is receiving a pay package worth up to $5.5 million.
The government-controlled mortgage finance company tapped Ross Kari for the position on Sept. 22. He had previously been serving as CFO for Fifth Third Bancorp in Cincinnati.

Freddie Mac chief financial officer to receive signing bonus, salary of up to $5.5 million - Yahoo! Canada Finance

Maybe this is why our federal government allowing this person to be paid so much money by bailed-out Freddie Mac?

Freddie Mac: Recipients | OpenSecrets

Freddie Mac: Recipients | OpenSecrets

All the same clowns we just bailed-out are paying the same politicians to look the other way.

Chris Dodd: Campaign Finance/Money - Top Donors - Senator 2010 | OpenSecrets

Christopher "Kit" Bond: Campaign Finance/Money - Top Donors - Senator 2010 | OpenSecrets

Nothing has changed. Government is as corrupt today as it has ever been.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:11 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Duped? I think those who have swallowed the liberal views of the Frankfurt Group have been duped. Again, read a little history and stop just rehashing the lines fed to you by the marxist handlers.
Your last line pretty much means I shouldn't continue this discussion. I attempted, because it is in my good nature, to return extremist views to a state of balance, but the pendulum is crazy-glued to one side of the clock. Good day to you.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
In few words,
I trust government more than corporations.

Why?
We elect government officials, we don't elect anybody in a corporation.
Government benefits when people make more money (more tax money), corporations benefit when people make less money (bigger profit)

And the last one,
government can't move to another country, corporations can shut down their factory and take everything to a communist country with slave labor (China)

Not exactly.

You get to pick one of two viable choices in most races. Either candidate is beholding to the interest groups, unions and corporations that gave him or her the funds with which to saturate the airwaves with enough mini-mercials to convince the vast hoards of ignorant, low-information voters to make the thoughtful votes that politically minded people like you and I cast of no consequence one way or the other.

Our government spends as much money as they can borrow and print they rest. Everything they do is geared to reelection. They receive campaign contributions from various groups who are rewarded with whatever they want and the debt just continues skyrocketing.

I can stop buying the products and services a corporation offers, but I can't stop paying taxes. If health care reform passes in its present form, I'll be forced to enroll in a government run program that, like all entitlement programs that have come before, will be raided by current office holders, and I won't be able to opt out.

Social Security is headed for bankruptcy long before I retire. When I reach retirement age I will have paid into a system all my life that I was never given an opportunity to opt out of, and I'll get nothing.

Don't you get tired of being screwed by the federal government?

Old 10-26-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Well, mo, you'd have to define "liberal".

Collectivism over individualism, and statism over liberty.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
This person hasn't discovered anything ... they read something somewhere not understanding the underlying facts and history of the Group ... they don't understand what post WWI Germany was like for it's citizenry. They probably have no idea when WWI happened.

Aside from intellectual convenience, why would you believe what you wrote? Do you know this person or are you simply clairvoyant?

Old 10-26-2009, 11:24 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Because I stand with JFK on almost every point in the speech I've cited. Reading the entire speech is far too much to ask, but it would be very informative. People think that Obama can be compared to JFK in terms of oratory? No way...

"This is my political credo:
I believe in human dignity as the source of national purpose, in human liberty as the source of national action, and the human heart as the source of national compassion, and in the human mind as the source of our invention and our ideas. It is, I believe, this faith in our fellow citizens as individuals and as people that lies at the heart of the liberal faith, for liberalism is not so much a party creed or a set of fixed platform promises as it is an attitude of mind and heart, a faith in man's ability through the experiences of his reason and judgment to increase for himself and his fellow men the amount of Justice and freedom and brotherhood which all human life deserves. [Applause.]
I believe also in the United States of America, in the promise that it contains and has contained throughout our history of producing a society so abundant and creative and so free and responsible that it cannot only fulfill the aspirations of its citizens, but serve equally well as a beacon for all mankind. I do not believe in a super state. I see no magic to tax dollars which are sent to Washington and then returned. I abhor the waste and incompetence of large-scale Federal bureaucracies in this administration, as well as in others. I do not favor state compulsion when voluntary individual effort can do the job and do it well. But I believe in a government which acts, which exercises its full powers and its full responsibilities. Government is an art and a precious obligation; and when it has a job to do, I believe it should do it. And this requires not only great ends but that we propose concrete means of achieving them.
Our responsibility is not discharged by an announcement of virtuous ends. Our responsibility is to achieve these objectives with social invention, with political skill, and executive vigor. I believe for these reasons, that liberalism is our best and our only hope in the world today. [Applause.] For the liberal society is a free society, and it is at the same time and for that reason a strong society. Its strength is drawn from the will of free people committed to great ends and peacefully striving to meet them. Only liberalism, in short, can repair our national power, restore our national purpose, and liberate our national energies. And the only basic issue in the 1960 presidential campaign is whether our Government will fall in a conservative rut and die there, or whether we will move ahead in the liberal spirit of daring, of breaking new ground, of doing in our generation what Woodrow Wilson and Franklin Roosevelt and Harry Truman and Adlai Stevenson did in their time of influence and responsibility." [end quote]

JFK LINK - jfk140960_ny04
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies