Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 10:40 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,092,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I think its because they got the one they wanted in office
elected. Where were the howls of outrageous from the Right when Bush was in office? It's a no brainer.

Is everyone on the left dense? It's a no brainer! Why do you think Republicans lost the last electons? Many Republicans stayed away from the voting booths because of Bush's actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 10:42 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Are you going to say that to those on the left that does that?

Yes lets ignore what the president is or isnt doing.
Clearly you can't read because I didn't say that.

I didn't like it when the left did it and I think it's just as stupid for the right to do it, especially when their defense is "well you did it first"

because in the end while the media is out catering to the few crazy people who actually care about the number of rounds that ANY president is playing there's a story that actually deserves media attention that is not getting any.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:43 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Hypocrites all of you.

Media Cheer Obama's Golf Outings; Criticized Republicans' Trips to Course (http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrciD=49931 - broken link)
Here's the article from the Washington Post, not the CNS whine about it.

washingtonpost.com: Before Golf, Bush Decries Latest Deaths In Mideast

Now, I've read that article, and I don't find it particularly critical. What exactly strikes you as critical to the same level as the criticism being leveled at Obama by CNS?

Old 10-26-2009, 10:46 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
We are talking about hussein obama here or did you miss that? Does everyone on the left hide behind a Bush?
And does everyone on the right hide behind a Bush as well? Because you can't actually miss the title of the thread, which is a comparison between Obama and Bush, and then whine when people actually do compare Bush and Obama? I mean, you can whine, but since the comparison was invited, you can't put down people for actually comparing.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:55 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Clearly you can't read because I didn't say that.

I didn't like it when the left did it and I think it's just as stupid for the right to do it, especially when their defense is "well you did it first"

because in the end while the media is out catering to the few crazy people who actually care about the number of rounds that ANY president is playing there's a story that actually deserves media attention that is not getting any.
No but that is what youre saying

We should track what the president is doing like playing golf. Then next thing you know thats all they are doing but maybe appearing an hour a day because there is no one watching them.

Hey I dont agree with who did it 1st either. I just questioning you only pointing it out to those on the right.

You dont think the media can cover both things? Have you gotten on the Times for the lack of covering on things like acorn?

Old 10-26-2009, 11:11 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
No but that is what youre saying

We should track what the president is doing like playing golf. Then next thing you know thats all they are doing but maybe appearing an hour a day because there is no one watching them.

Hey I dont agree with who did it 1st either. I just questioning you only pointing it out to those on the right.

You dont think the media can cover both things? Have you gotten on the Times for the lack of covering on things like acorn?
I didn't point it out to those on the right...again you are not reading clearly.

I acknowledged that the left did it as well and I didn't approve or partake in it then. It's all fine and dandy for the media to let us know what the president is up to but I think at this point it's gotten out of hand...I see more news coverage on what Michelle and Barack did for their Saturday night date then the things actually going on in government.

I'm concerned about health care. I'm concerned about unemployment. I'm concerned about the current welfare system. I'm concerned about the real estate market. I'm not concerned about things on Twitter, or Facebook or where Michelle brought her outfit or if her daughters hair should be natural or relaxed - sadly I seem to be in the minority.

You want to make this out to be "oh you're only complaining because you're an Obama supporter" no I'm complaining because the news is spending more time covering frivolous topics than actual news.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:12 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Is everyone on the left dense? It's a no brainer! Why do you think Republicans lost the last electons? Many Republicans stayed away from the voting booths because of Bush's actions.
Well, I didn't Vote Obama or McCain. I voted Libertarian.
It's not anyone's fault that McCain picked an idiot
as a VP, or that the Republicans picked McCain as their candidate, or that Republicans stayed home and didn't vote. It's the Republicans fault. Even if you all came out and voted - who is to say McCain would have won any way? That logic works both ways. Better luck next time. Wish me the same Try not to be a poor loser, it just
makes you look pathetic. Get a platform, educate, and
drop the Republican propaganda - it doesn't work. You
have seen the results of that. Vote Libertarian next time

Old 10-26-2009, 11:27 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
We are talking about hussein obama here or did you miss that? Does everyone on the left hide behind a Bush?

Uh, have ya tried READING the OP?

It compares Obama with Bush, did ya miss that or just feel like whining?

Old 10-26-2009, 11:33 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:

Well, that makes the Republicans the dense ones, eh?

Old 10-26-2009, 11:50 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,387,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
He quit in 2003.

In 2008 he explained that he quit because he didn't feel right about playing golf when there was a war going on. Evidently VP Cheney didn't share those sentiments.

YouTube - "Watch this drive"

Nov. 6th, 2006
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies