Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 01:22 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,687,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Someone else mentioned it, not I.
Name calling, repugs? that was a broad generalization, not specifically aimed at anyone in particular. I've found that calling someone something can get a person into trouble, therefore, I refrain from doing that. I know the diff between personal attack and generalization. thank you.

Did I mention FOX NEWS?
Evidently, people here must know the strong similarities between faux, and FOX.

Here is my generalization:

People that use the name Hombres in online forums are typically morons.

Generally speaking and all.

Isn't this fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 01:22 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,482,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
I'll leave the thinking to you smart people. I'm just a dumb CPA with degrees in accounting, math and a minor in economics. Got me one of them Masters degrees from an eecredited university, and own me two companies. Thank god fer smart people like you to looks afters me.
Yeah, you've trotted that resumé out there before, then belied it by going right back to the same old same old. The whole basis of this thread is that some lady in Florida made a math error. There is no actual story after that, but that won't stop the sharpies from manufacturing one.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:29 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,236,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Here is my generalization:

People that use the name Hombres in online forums are typically morons.

Generally speaking and all.

Isn't this fun!
Whatever you feel.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:58 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,558,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
This is a two-headed coin that allows you to call ANYTHING a lie showing how the administration cannot admit its errors.

Such whining and screaming aside, the facts of the matter are that all of the evidence supports the thesis (shared by most) that the stimulus has been a consistent success, and that, along with other quite remarkably nimble and creative approaches to financial problem-solving, it has served to keep not just the US economy, but most western economies from sliding into the abyss that had opened up under the Bushies just a year ago.
What you call evidence is what others call propaganda from your masters. The economy is not better, more jobs have been lost, your leader is searching for ways to raise taxes without admitting he is raising taxes.

In other words, his actions put into lies his promises that got him elected. Nimble and creative approaches (like the take over of GM) go outside the law and lead to an attempted government takeover of business. The stimulus was just a portion of the bait and, when he discovered it not to be working, he with held the majority of it.

Lead by lying. Great leadership.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Someone else mentioned it, not I.
Name calling, repugs? that was a broad generalization, not specifically aimed at anyone in particular. I've found that calling someone something can get a person into trouble, therefore, I refrain from doing that. I know the diff between personal attack and generalization. thank you.

Did I mention FOX NEWS?
Evidently, people here must know the strong similarities between faux, and FOX.
Not even a clever attempt at circumventing the rules. If the moderators won't stop you, I am sure that you may expect a deluge of abuse. The intellectually challenged usually get this.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Yeah, you've trotted that resumé out there before, then belied it by going right back to the same old same old. The whole basis of this thread is that some lady in Florida made a math error. There is no actual story after that, but that won't stop the sharpies from manufacturing one.
Actually, and you would know this if you had reasoning skills, the OP points out another lie by the white house. An attempt to make up figures and have loyalists like you defend them.

But, in the end a lie is still a lie.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:05 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,311,261 times
Quote:

I was actually poking fun at the economist-types who use voodoo and politics to create something out of nothing. Applying theory with a foundation rooted in the economy of 1929 in 2009 makes about as much sense as amputating an arm to prevent the spread of infection like they did circa 1865. Maynard is dead. Pull your head out of your tenure and your textbook and join the real world.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:10 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,482,490 times
I see that your reluctant to deal with the fact that the thread is a funhouse mirror distortion of somebody's having made a math error.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:37 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,987,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Unemployment hit double digits today at 10.2%! Way to go Obama!
Unemployment rose to almost 8% during Bush's final months.

So remember to blame Bush for 80% of the those who've lost their jobs !!!

Old 11-06-2009, 04:08 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Unemployment rose to almost 8% during Bush's final months.

So remember to blame Bush for 80% of the those who've lost their jobs !!!
http://data.bls.gov/PDQ/graphics/LNS14000000_35016_1257548864412.gif (broken link)
http://data.bls.gov/PDQ/servlet/Surv...me=LN_cpsbref3

Look at those cross-hatched areas...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies