Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 03:48 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama's economic recovery program saved 935 jobs at the Southwest Georgia Community Action Council, an impressive success story for the stimulus plan. Trouble is, only 508 people work there.

Quote:
The over-estimates of jobs "created and saved" are actually far more extensive than that -- in one small segment of the Department of Health and Human Services, AP found that the count of "jobs saved" was inflated by more than 50 percent, or about 9,000.

Way to lie Barry No problem though, your followers will still believe you.

Stimulus saves nine out of every five jobs | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Stimulus-saves-nine-out-of-five-jobs-69082477.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 10:59 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
I nearly fell out of my chair with laughter when I read that thread title. I wonder when the lying will ever stop.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:03 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,461 times
I read this today, seems like it's going on everywhere.

Don't count on stimulus job tally - JSOnline

Old 11-05-2009, 11:20 PM

432 posts, read 605,271 times
but NO... they would never lie to us about how much the HC bill will really end up costing.....

Old 11-06-2009, 12:54 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,862,084 times
Interesting to note no private sector jobs have been 'saved' or created. But government jobswow, they're being 'saved' at a record pace. More welfare. Oh joy.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:06 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,236,302 times
Exclamation He DID WHAT?

Quote:
I nearly fell off of my toilet seat with laughter when I read that thread title.
In the OP's haste to begin another bash Obama thread, he forgot how to spell!

Did any republicans ever go to school? did any ever finish school? maybe that's part of their problem, monkey see, monkey do, no free thinking due to lack of being educated, just follow the monkeys.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
In the OP's haste to begin another bash Obama thread, he forgot how to spell!

Did any republicans ever go to school? did any ever finish school? maybe that's part of their problem, monkey see, monkey do, no free thinking due to lack of being educated, just follow the monkeys.

Yep, I made a spelling error in my post, at least my mistake didn't help put a community organizer in the oval office. I would be much more embarrassed had I been fooled so easily by a snake oil salesman than minor spelling error on a meaningless internet forum.

So it's good to see that you are just as outraged over the lying by the ACORN administration as the rest of us.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:17 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
The demwit rep in our area is doing the same thing, always making sure he puts in "look how many jobs the stimulus has saved and created".

Until of course someone in the crowd always says ZERO.

Is it a liberal thing to just lie all the time?

Or is it really the truth that the dem leaders believe their base are just stupid people?

If anything the stimulus money that Obama is saving for the tooth fairy has allowed thousands of jobs to go to Mexico. As plants and factories continue to close as Obama sits on stimulus money he won't send to these areas.

Why is the village idiot not using the stimulus money to help create those 5 million new jobs but instead is sitting back watching American workeds lose one home after another?

So far, in alitle less then one year he is a NEGATIVE 8 million jobs. Nice job Barry!

Old 11-06-2009, 06:26 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,987,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
Yep, I made a spelling error in my post, at least my mistake didn't help put a community organizer in the oval office. I would be much more embarrassed had I been fooled so easily by a snake oil salesman than minor spelling error on a meaningless internet forum.

So it's good to see that you are just as outraged over the lying by the ACORN administration as the rest of us.
Considering that every little thing Obama does is being WATCHED under a microscope by thousands of Neo-confused Republicans, I seriously doubt Obama would INTENTIONALLY misrepresent anything!!!

But I guess "common sense" is not something the neo-confused party has much of these days!

Afterall .... they elected George W. Bush ...TWICE!

Old 11-06-2009, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Considering that every little thing Obama does is being WATCHED under a microscope by thousands of Neo-confused Republicans, I seriously doubt Obama would INTENTIONALLY misrepresent anything!!!

But I guess "common sense" is not something the neo-confused party has much of these days!

Afterall .... they elected George W. Bush ...TWICE!
Sure he is, well unless he is stupid and actually believes the dog poo that he come up with. Well, OK, maybe you have a point there.

Yes, Bush elected twice, wow, it's hard to believe that he was the best this country could come up with. I really wish there was a conservative choice in those elections but unfortunately, there wasn't. Maybe next time though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies