Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Agree or disagree: Society would be better off if women stayed out of the workplace
Strongly agree 34 12.93%
Mostly agree 22 8.37%
Neither agree nor disagree 19 7.22%
Mostly disagree 19 7.22%
Strongly disagree 169 64.26%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 05:58 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
If 50% of the population was unemployed our unemployment problem would be over !?!?! What?!

Easy to understand , and it's true .

A few ugly man hating women had to to mess it up for all of us . Now we all have to work and socially castrate our sons .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 06:20 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,470 times
As a stay-at-home dad who's wife works, I believe that I disagree with the sentiment of women staying out of hte workplace greatly.

I really don't see the problem of women in the workplace. My wife does her job just fine, if not better than just about every male in her same position at work. Which has nothing to do with her gender, and everythign to do with the fact that she's been programming computers since before Windows came out. Granted, she cut her teeth on RAM, but still.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:29 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
As a stay-at-home dad who's wife works, I believe that I disagree with the sentiment of women staying out of hte workplace greatly.

I really don't see the problem of women in the workplace. My wife does her job just fine, if not better than just about every male in her same position at work. Which has nothing to do with her gender, and everythign to do with the fact that she's been programming computers since before Windows came out. Granted, she cut her teeth on RAM, but still.

See what I mean !

Old 08-11-2010, 07:06 PM

229 posts, read 416,422 times
Quote:

You're children are fortunate to have you as their father. I know that your job is not easy. I have Great Respect for you.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:30 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,145,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Easy to understand , and it's true .

A few ugly man hating women"""

Why do some think that wanting to be treated as a human being with equal rights means a person is ugly and hates men ???
That would mean they think all blacks are ugly and hate whites.....which of course, isn't true....but that's what they think !!!

"""" had to to mess it up for all of us . Now we all have to work """

BOO HOO!!! OH, the horror of EARNING a living!!!

""and socially castrate our sons .
So you think higher unemployment is a good thing??????

You do NOT HAVE to work....thanks to feminists you can CHOOSE what you want to do. I'm sure that hard working manly husband of yours makes enough (???)

Old 08-11-2010, 07:40 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
See what I mean !
What exactly is wrong with anything that I stated?

I stay home at my own will, mainly so we don't have to pay outrageous daycare costs for our child. Once she gets started in school , I either get started with going to school (for culinary arts, no less) or I'm going to get a job.

My wife doesn't feel obligated to get a job because she's a woman or anything, she enjoys the heck out of programming, is mighty fine at doing it, and loves making money doing what she enjoys.

What exactly is wrong with this scenario?

Old 08-11-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:

I stay home at my own will, mainly so we don't have to pay outrageous daycare costs for our child. Once she gets started in school , I either get started with going to school (for culinary arts, no less) or I'm going to get a job.

My wife doesn't feel obligated to get a job because she's a woman or anything, she enjoys the heck out of programming, is mighty fine at doing it, and loves making money doing what she enjoys.

Nothing is wrong with it. You are a smart man. You & your wife obviously have a mature, healthy relationship. No one could EVER honestly find anything wrong with what you do.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:04 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,397 times
Quote:

Nothing.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
I'm changing my mind after reading this thread.

Some of the big mouth pushy gals wreck it for everybody. Except for nursing and elementary
toddler orientated instruction up to 12 yrs old..............

TAKE A BREAK. GIVE THE WORLD A BREAK

ALL WOMEN STAY HOME WHERE YOU ARE MOST HAPPY.
And from a relationship post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Its interesting and worth observing, what overall traits in character we are comfortable with in
friends of the same sex.

For example, I'm male and cannot spend too much time with males who think there has to be a
"contest" in dominating overtone to role in time spent.

Also, I have found that limited life experience , regardless of education or social status (money)
can raise an uncomfortable, " know it all attitude".

The quality in brotherhood, in male friendship oddly in my experience cannot come close to being
measured in success through, education or money.

Therefore, in looking at theme of thread its easy for me to observe that mutual ease in
an on going relationship either male or female, would not be limited to a category of formal
academic achievement or dollars in the Bank.

Putting limitations on happiness, would seem to be self destructive.
Are we putting limitations on
ourselves, as we pre judge and limit others?
Apparently he likes to Contradict himself.

Last edited by kickinit; 08-11-2010 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: Laughter

Old 08-11-2010, 10:29 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,474,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxed in Maine View Post
I haven't read the entire thread.
I will say I disagree with the OPs statement in general.

I will say it would be good for everyone if we were in an economic/cost-of living situation in this country if either spouse COULD be a stay at home parent if they WANTED to. Unfortunately we are in a situation now where many, if not most HAVE to work.
The point the OP was trying to make was that going to a dual income standard increased inflation and thereby created a system that now requires a dual income household to support a family. No idea why the rest of these mental midgets are trying to argue about womens rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies