Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:34 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
You have reached a conclusion not supported by the article itself.

Quote from the article:

“The U.S. government should not and will not transfer any individual where there is a likelihood they will be tortured,” one official said.

Hmm, OK, then the purpose of sending them to a third country is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 07:35 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Ask Dick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
We are asking you
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Who's "we"?
Wade, I know its difficult for you, so i'll try to explain it to you.

the op is asking, if you dont care to respond YOUR input, then simply dont respond. The non stop off topic postings against Fox, Dick, etc just shows how much hatred you have that you cant even respond intelligently..

Old 11-10-2009, 07:40 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
I think when Obama came into office he did not realize how difficult it would be to keep us safe and now is getting a strong dose of reality. It is very easy to hurl insults about the sitting Pres until you are the sitting Pres.

I personally have no idea why they would be taking them to other countries other then to skirt the laws we have here but I am unsure we will ever know the truth.

Formerly dcadca

Old 11-10-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
The CIA is out of the torture business.
You obviously didnt read the link from the OP
Quote:
About?
The CIA being out of the torture business
Quote:
Extraordinary Renditions have been occuring since the dawn of time. So NOW you're going to complain?
Ahh nope.. no complaint about using torture, I mean "extraordinary renditions" against our enemies, I'm complaining about being lied to..
Quote:
This administration is getting US out of the torture business. Something the previous administration refused to do it seems.
You must be behind the times on your information. One of the big objections to the previous administration is that he sent individuals to other countries to be tortured, I mean "extraordinary renditions"
Bush defends rendition of detainees to torture regimes
Quote:
Yeah, business as usual...
Yep business as usual. We didnt torture, we used "extraordinary reditioning" against our enemies, and sent them to other countries to be "tortured", thereby not violating any laws. Obama DOING THE SAME..

Old 11-10-2009, 07:49 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
The CIA is out of the torture business.

That's new.

About?

Extraordinary Renditions have been occuring since the dawn of time. So NOW you're going to complain?

This administration is getting US out of the torture business. Something the previous administration refused to do it seems.

Yeah, business as usual...
Out of the torture business?

LOL i'm not sure i've met anyone more gullible than someone who would make this statement, and actually believe it.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:08 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Smile Emergency!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wade, I know its difficult for you, so i'll try to explain it to you.

the op is asking, if you dont care to respond YOUR input, then simply dont respond. The non stop off topic postings against Fox, Dick, etc just shows how much hatred you have that you cant even respond intelligently..
Irony alert!

Old 11-10-2009, 09:37 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Hmm, OK, then the purpose of sending them to a third country is?
"Third"? As in, "third world"? Did the article say anything about sending them to "third world countries"? If so, I guess I missed that part.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:41 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,592,486 times
I think some of you should post on Citi-data Guantanamo and force the detainees to read it..now that would really be torture...

Old 11-10-2009, 09:46 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
TORTURE?? ARE WE EVEN ASKING THIS QUESTION??

THIS

OR THIS

WHO DO WE NEED TO PROTECT?? If we gotta pour some water in the face of the guy in the second picture to protect the person in the first picture....sign me up.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Irony alert!
Still getting your news from pretty pictures?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies