Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 04:13 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,724,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Rowdy drunks in a bar.

Stupid idiot for punching a female.

He needs rehab.

Lose his job? No, but she should sue him for assault.
Hitting a woman is never acceptable. Of course he should lose his job, why hasn't he already been fired?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Obama should address this national emergency at once, any silence will be defined as "uncaring" and "heartless." However, if he shows up applies common decency then we will label him an "Apologist."

I bet Reagan would have already gone over there on his horse and knocked that limp wristed liberal professor out.
And your opinion regarding the actual thread topic; a professor hitting a woman in the face over a topic on race?

Old 11-10-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Attacking silence is another tactic of the fringe right. They will define it, and then attack their premise.

Seems insane doesn't it?
Three posts in this thread and you've only criticized and condemned other posters and not the guy who assaulted the woman. Hmmm.....

Old 11-11-2009, 07:22 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,550,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Fair question in lieu of my previous response.
I was just making the point that President Obama jumped through hoops for his buddy at Harvard. So it might be best to address this situation as well hoping he will prevent this story form becoming a problem in New york City or the university.

Amazing the President should respond to every single incident that occurs. Had it not been for the reporter that asked the PResident his thoughts on the Gates issues, it would not have been addressed. No one asked for nor did the President volunteer his thoughts on the white man that brutal beat a the black woman who served in the military in front of her child. Did you complain about that?

I searched for threads, didn't see a post from you

Old 11-11-2009, 07:33 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,063,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Amazing the President should respond to every single incident that occurs. Had it not been for the reporter that asked the PResident his thoughts on the Gates issues, it would not have been addressed. No one asked for nor did the President volunteer his thoughts on the white man that brutal beat a the black woman who served in the military in front of her child. Did you complain about that?

I searched for threads, didn't see a post from you
I am not complaining. I just believe that since the President addressed the Gates situation he should address this situation.

This situation being a black Professor punching a white woman over a discussion predicated on race. And it just happens to occur at Barack Obama's Alma mater.

I guess we do have to take into account how far the media takes this story.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/11/ny...1columbia.html

Old 11-11-2009, 07:51 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,940,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Hitting a woman is never acceptable. Of course he should lose his job, why hasn't he already been fired?

Hitting ANYONE, man or woman, is unacceptable, unless it's in self defense.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:52 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,966,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
"The professor, who is black, had been engaged in a fiery discussion about "white privilege" with Davis, who is white, and another male regular, who is also white, Friday night at 10:30 when fists started flying, patrons said."

Maybe there...What do you think?
I think you should use common sense , study American history, Sociology, and see the realities of this society.

There is a belief, idea, institution, assumption, etc of "white priviledge", the realization and discussion of that issue does not automatically include any reference of "hating whitey"..please get real.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:16 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,550,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
I am not complaining. I just believe that since the President addressed the Gates situation he should address this situation.

This situation being a black Professor punching a white woman over a discussion predicated on race. And it just happens to occur at Barack Obama's Alma mater.

I guess we do have to take into account how far the media takes this story.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/11/ny...1columbia.html

Again whenever something occurs between blacks and whites and or if it occurs in Chicago or one of the schools the President attended or the jobs he held, he's suppose to say something about it?
It would be nice if the media would continue to focus on those things that truely matters to the public and if the President would only respond to questions that the voters really care about like the Economy, Jobs and Healthcare. What two adults choose to do to show their ignorance is of no relevance to me. (or in this case, one adult and one victim)

Old 11-11-2009, 09:06 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,210,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
He should but he will not. Look how fast he jumped up to defend the muslim population after the terrorist attack on our soldiers. In fact it will be interesting to see if this incident is even reported in the news.
Huh? On a national scale, this single event is pretty much non-news. This coming from a pro-feminist guy.

Sure, it's a great opportunity to discuss violence against women, but this particular incident doesn't seem more important to me than say, dozens of people dying in a car bombing or the House passing a healthcare bill that will affect millions.

But something tells me this is less about discussing violence against women and more of a moustache-twisting 'how can I tie something negative to Obama' thing.

Anyway, in the future, please warn me when I'm about to click a New York Post link that it's a New York Post link. Now I have to go take a shower. Thanks a freaking lot.

Last edited by Hoarfrost; 11-11-2009 at 09:16 AM..

Old 11-11-2009, 09:16 AM

20,495 posts, read 12,424,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So this prof is a jerk and will probably lose his job.
I like how you've connected this personally with Obama.
Considering the presidents penchant for injecting himself into the middle of a professor induced fracas, it stands to reason that he would also speak on this?

Possibly hold a beer summit for those involved? Give the victim yet another chance to apologize?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies