Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2009, 11:42 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
It is a billboard in Missouri.

It is expressing the sediments of Millions of Americans.

An actual revolt is not to be dismissed as a possiibility.
please, not to get off topic but where were these people during the bush admin? oh thats right they were the admin! you guys lost it is your turn to suck it up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 11:49 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:

The sentiments of the hysterical few will not affect diddly squat. The money wasted on that billboard was a bright idea of someone with sediment in their heads.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:30 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you guys lost it is your turn to suck it up
"You guys"? You can't be referring to me as I did not vote for Bush either time -

Old 11-21-2009, 12:34 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
The sentiments of the hysterical few will not affect diddly squat. The money wasted on that billboard was a bright idea of someone with sediment in their heads.

I realize that Millions of Americans are a "hysterical" few. And, I realize that Government becoming more involved in our lives is no reason for any concern.

But, those who are "hysterical" are suggesting that the "bums" be voted out of office (people like Reid will be gone next year), that tax monies be withheld and if all that does not work, than armed revolts might be necessary.

Oh, may I suggest that you would well NOT TO DISMISS this possibility (the armed revolt) as firearm sales are soaring - and there are even shortages in some areas of ammunition because the demand has been so very high.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:22 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Spot on.

I could not say it even better if I wished too.

And for people who say that no party or no one is against abortion in cases of rape or mothers life-think again.

Jill brings up a great point. Even if a girl goes to Planned Parenthood to get birth control, the fanatic "prolifers" scare them away and the religious ones probably go hysterical and tell them they are going to hell.
That is so strange, One group does not want you to get an abortion but another group scares young girls away from using contraceptives.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:

....and so was the "revolution" of the sixties/seventies

Old 11-21-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That is always the argument isnt it, if I don't pay some woman to kill of her baby she might injure herself with a coat hanger or get a back alley abortion. It is a bogus argument. How much does an abortion cost? That same woman probably has an annual cell phone and cable TV bill that costs more then the cost of an abortion. She can put it on her credit card for that matter. This is not the 1930s anymore.
That may be true but those items don't follow you for 18+years and end up costing thousands of dollars over that timespan
The arguement should not be "who is paying paying for it" it should be a matter of availablity

Old 11-21-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Actually, I'm not lacking information. I know people that have used abortion as a birth control method. I know a women who had five and didn't give a flip.

Just wanted to see what others are saying here.

I do feel for the girl that makes a mistake and is scared to death.
I hate to say it but I don't think that is right, she could not be using abortions as birth control since she only had five of them. Do you meaen to tell me that she only had sex 5 times? Her probelm is the lack of proper knowledge OF effective birth control methods.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
So, I suppose that you support expanded health insurance coverage for poor children, more free lunches in schools, more access to Headstart programs and extended parental leave similar to what is done in Europe to ensure that all children have equal chances to have meaningful lives?
And, I suppose that you also support greater access to birth control to prevent the pregnancies in the first place?

When the anti-choice crowd shows the same concern for post-term babies and children as it does for embryos, I will start to listen to your arguments.
unwanted children = unwanted/unloved adults = increase in violent crimes = bigger prison populations = more death row inmates = happy prolifers

Old 11-21-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
War and the death penalty are not black and white, abortion is. The only thing abortion does is kill an innocent baby. War may save innocent lives if it is done in self defence. The death penalty may save people if it keeps a killer from going free to kill again---and it has happened.

Those are necessary evils, abortion is an unnecessary evil 99% of the time.

I don't think people care much about what our taxes go to but they are concerned if their money goes to kill an innocent baby. Those people will not support universal insurance if it covers abortion.
Actually war and the death penalty IS black and white. War on a country without provocation (IRAQ), the death penalty which by the way affects more minorities than whites can be attributed to many other things outside of the actual crime such as racism, incompentent lawyers, misinformed jurors and stupid judges. Do you still consider these things to be black and white? You cannot "go" to war in defense of your country, you are simply defending your homeland....hmmmm like the afghans or the people of Iraq. As far as the death penalty, what if you have the wrong person for the reasons stated above? Does that still stop crime?
Abortions if performed well within the first trimester, and in cases of incest or rape should not be consider any more "evil" than war or the death penalty considering these unwanted children sometimes end up on death row anyway. I guess using this logic you may have point afterall. We should let these unwanted children grow up and possibly kill someone and put more a financial strain (prison,welfare,foster homes ect) than take care of the problem in the begining by abiding by the woman's wishes in the first place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies