Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 02:31 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Once again, you are deliberately being offensive. To what end?
You are just way too thin-skinned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 02:33 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
They are 2 totally different things. Prejean was criticized for being a hypocrite. She preaches Christian values, but apparently doesn't follow them with her actions. I've never lumped her with all Christians, and called them all hypocrites.

No one defends terrorists. I only defend the right of people in this country to follow whatever religion they want, and I have a brain, so I realize that most Muslims in this country are peaceful people, and are not out to kill anyone.

Do anything when you were seventeen that you regret today?

The left was on her from the moment she expressed disapproval for an unnatural union and the redefining of marriage around that unnatural union. The topless photos came up later and the video she sent to her boyfriend came up much later. We were well into the liberal hate-fest before either became ammunition to use against her. Both of these actions, taking the photos and making the video, were done when she was a teenager.

If she took the Playboy deal, she would be a hypocrite, but she didn't. If she had sex with a woman or tried to marry a woman, she would be a hypocrite. Liberals love to throw that word around because they think it excuses what they do.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:38 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Why do some liberals here defend Islam from the actions of terrorist but denounce christianity for the actions of a few not sanctioned by religious leaders? Ms. Prejean was dragged through the mud for answering a question on gay marriage, her answer in line with her religious views; but in many muslim nations, just being gay can get you put in prison or executed.
Christianity is the most common religion in the US. It holds more sway than Islam. Therefore, the microscope is on Christians, rather than another group of people who are less than one percent of the entire population.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:39 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
You are just way too thin-skinned.
Rubbed raw is more the case. I feel like I've been wrung through the ringer, this afternoon.

But I do think you are often deliberately offensive, and so I do wonder what it is that you gain. Some of your posts are quite venomous, and I do understand frustration when you can't get your point across, but I don't understand the rancor that accompanies that frustration.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:45 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Rubbed raw is more the case. I feel like I've been wrung through the ringer, this afternoon.

But I do think you are often deliberately offensive, and so I do wonder what it is that you gain. Some of your posts are quite venomous, and I do understand frustration when you can't get your point across, but I don't understand the rancor that accompanies that frustration.
If you really take notice, I'm only offensive to posts that are offensive in itself. When the usual hacks here try to degrade one demographic of people just to prop up another, isn't that offensive? Isn't it offensive when people here call people from the south "rednecks" or isn't it offensive that many on here talk down about Christianity and all of its forms, but go on to protect the beliefs of some crazy Muslim? AS AN AMERICAN THAT IS OFFENSIVE! I'm only returning the same level of respect that they are showing. Isn't that how things work? You respect someone in the same manner you want to be respected?

Old 11-13-2009, 02:49 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The left was on her from the moment she expressed disapproval for an unnatural union and the redefining of marriage around that unnatural union.
Can you provide some links of these left attacks. Thanks.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:51 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Do anything when you were seventeen that you regret today?

The left was on her from the moment she expressed disapproval for an unnatural union and the redefining of marriage around that unnatural union. The topless photos came up later and the video she sent to her boyfriend came up much later. We were well into the liberal hate-fest before either became ammunition to use against her. Both of these actions, taking the photos and making the video, were done when she was a teenager.

If she took the Playboy deal, she would be a hypocrite, but she didn't. If she had sex with a woman or tried to marry a woman, she would be a hypocrite. Liberals love to throw that word around because they think it excuses what they do.
Nope. I used my brain (unlike Prejean). Never smoked, drank, brought the cops home, did drugs. I worked the very WEEK I became legal to work. Got good grades. Even to this day, I have never been to a rave party or even a campus party where the crap hits the fan. I am clean, never been pregnant or had an abortion, and never made a sex tape. That is for sure.

Once again, I did not disapprove of her view. She has every right to say it and even I defended her before because she said it nicely. She was not like "Ewww omg. I hate gays! Like totally." She said it nicely and in a nice matter. I blame Perez Hilton and did not like HIS reaction. What a moron to say the least.

In my honest opinion, she is getting EXACTLY what she RIGHTFULLY deserves. I did not say this when she went against gay marriage. But now, she does deserve it. And I am saying this as someone who is in her age range. I know I used my brain at 17. I doubt she did. I am sick and tired of people putting teens and people in their 20's as the "In the moment" people. I never did that. I was always responsible. I am now attending a 1st tier university.

Tell me this (I have been dying for some conservative to answer me on this)-would you be defending Prejean if she was a liberal who said the opposite. "I am cool with gay marriage!" Somehow,I doubt it. I find it so odd how you are all defending Prejean for making that sex tape but imagine if she was a liberal and you all found this. You would be like "Omg..liberals have no morals..I figured as such-she is a liberal loser....godless people do this..etc...etc"

Old 11-13-2009, 02:53 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
If you really take notice, I'm only offensive to posts that are offensive in itself. When the usual hacks here try to degrade one demographic of people just to prop up another, isn't that offensive? Isn't it offensive when people here call people from the south "rednecks" or isn't it offensive that many on here talk down about Christianity and all of its forms, but go on to protect the beliefs of some crazy Muslim? AS AN AMERICAN THAT IS OFFENSIVE! I'm only returning the same level of respect that they are showing. Isn't that how things work? You respect someone in the same manner you want to be respected?
Like you, I abhor it when people resort to generalizations, and especially when those generalizations are intended to demean people. But before descending to their level, I like to point out where I think their reasoning is faulty. That may be why you think I'm so out of touch with reality. Because I do think it's possible to reason with people who have a completely different mindset than my own.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:56 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,647 times
Quote:
If you really take notice, I'm only offensive to posts that are offensive in itself.
Actually, that's not true. I've noticed many of your posts that are rude just because & it's always directed towards liberals. Sorry, you're wrong. As for the OP, I guess I'd have to ask, why do conservatives defend all things that christians have done but then generalize an entire population of muslims for the acts of a few? I guess it could be called double standards, on both sides.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:01 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Nope, there was nothing but faked outrage of the far-right media, and it was all because of that one gay person not liking her comment. Show me one article or news clip where a non-far-right media threw mud on her before her lies were exposed. I remember watching the FOX news going on about it and I asked myself "what are they talking about?", because I had not heard anyone comment on her gay-marriage comments, except for that one gay person. The "mob" was an invention of the far right media.
So the talk about her breast implants and that being the subject of an interview on "The Early Show " is normal conversation about beauty contestants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Where was the mud when Obama said the same thing as her? There wasn't any.
You noticed that too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies