Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 09:47 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,241,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
You need to do a little homework. Let me see if I can help. We'll start with Billo

YouTube - Bill O'Reilly lying

Shameless enough for you?

Let's go with Lumpy next shall we?

YouTube - Limbaugh Lying About Ben Cardin.wmv

One of tons..

And now it's Beck, admitting he doesn't check facts. What do you think happens when people don't check their facts?

YouTube - Glenn Beck Caught Lying

Here is an example.

YouTube - Fact-checking Glenn Beck

Oh and let's not forget Sean Hannity...

YouTube - Sean Hannity gets PWNED for lying about crowd video.
Ducks on a pond.
So let me understand Oreilly mispoke about an action in WW2 and he is a liar.
I have never watched him until tonight, but i certainly will start watching all 3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 09:57 AM

2,352 posts, read 2,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So let me understand Oreilly mispoke about an action in WW2 and he is a liar.
I have never watched him until tonight, but i certainly will start watching all 3.
Did you watch the tape until the end? Obviously not.

And let's be clear,your contention that he "misspoke" is a load of crap. You could make that argument had it happened one time.

He got his ass handed to him for doing so the first time and rightfully so. (He shamed the memory of GI's who were slaughtered in cold blood by the Germans and accused these same soldiers of committing war crimes.)

Shameful enough for you?

So what does he do after getting railed for doing so?

He "misspeaks" again?

Nice try, but no.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:12 AM

340 posts, read 705,266 times
The Olberman Clip is the very reason why his rating are awful - his show and the network for that matter is purely to battle Limbaugh, Hannity, Bill O, and Beck - I watch MSNBC just to see what they talk about - and the majority of the shows - Ed, Rachel and KO simply take what the big 4 say and talk about it...

If you add up the viewers from 5 pm to 9 pm for MSNBC you end up with roughly 3.4 million folks --- that counts Hardball TWICE! - so it is hardball, Ed show, Harball, KO, & Rachel - all are commentary shows ----Take Fox from 5 to 9 - Beck, Bret Baier, Sheppard Smith, Bill O, & Hannity - you get roughly 12 million viewers - out of these shows 2 are news 3 are commentary...

Fox has more viewers, less commentators, and does not spend time bashing MSNBC's anchors.

MSNBC has fewer viewers, more commentators, and spend an inordinate amount of time simply bashing Fox's commentators.

Note to MSNBC change your programming and content and maybe you will be competitive - stop agonizing over what the big 4 say - or stay the course and remain getting beat by a 4 to 1 margin.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:17 AM

2,352 posts, read 2,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornandraised atl View Post
The Olberman Clip is the very reason why his rating are awful - his show and the network for that matter is purely to battle Limbaugh, Hannity, Bill O, and Beck - I watch MSNBC just to see what they talk about - and the majority of the shows - Ed, Rachel and KO simply take what the big 4 say and talk about it...

If you add up the viewers from 5 pm to 9 pm for MSNBC you end up with roughly 3.4 million folks --- that counts Hardball TWICE! - so it is hardball, Ed show, Harball, KO, & Rachel - all are commentary shows ----Take Fox from 5 to 9 - Beck, Bret Baier, Sheppard Smith, Bill O, & Hannity - you get roughly 12 million viewers - out of these shows 2 are news 3 are commentary...

Fox has more viewers, less commentators, and does not spend time bashing MSNBC's anchors.

MSNBC has fewer viewers, more commentators, and spend an inordinate amount of time simply bashing Fox's commentators.

Note to MSNBC change your programming and content and maybe you will be competitive - stop agonizing over what the big 4 say - or stay the course and remain getting beat by a 4 to 1 margin.

So typical when someone from Fox is caught in a lie, an egregious shameful one at that, and your response is to speak about ratings.

Never mind the lie. It was reported on MSNBC, on video no less, yet the ratings are what's important to you.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:17 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,216,265 times
Quote:
I do not understand yoru question. what is it im afraid of that i have criticized?
You come to the conclusion that the only reason people cant stand Beck or Limbaugh or Hannity must be because they're afraid of them.

At least you're not saying we must be jealous, though.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
So typical when someone from Fox is caught in a lie, an egregious shameful one at that, and your response is to speak about ratings.

Never mind the lie. It was reported on MSNBC, on video no less, yet the ratings are what's important to you.
They're all like that! WHY!!!

Old 11-18-2009, 10:27 AM

YOU are cheapening the word 'lie', which means - to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive.

If you want to speak about that SPECIFIC statement that Bill O made in his 'letters' segment - he admits he was wrong adds that US soldiers committed atrocities after that incident. - AND does that fall into that category of "to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive"???

Old 11-18-2009, 10:29 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,752,329 times
Quote:
I have never listened to these guys and would on some issues be labeled a right wing nut job.
having never really listened to them except clips here, I find the pure hate and character assassination the left does to these guys make me much more intrigued to start to listen to them. I see people call them liars but they never put down what they lied about.

I am starting to think that the left really has fear of them, otherwise they would not be the topic of attacks.
Might push me to wards watching them and see what they have to say.
Knock yourself out. Who's stopping you?

Old 11-18-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
They're all like that! WHY!!!
Well - it was not a 'lie' it was not egregious - it was only egregious when KO told you so...and I point out the ratings to say that their programming exists solely to point out mistakes of other commentators - which O'Reilly addressed - and that programming is terrible.

So again where was Bill O's 'lie'?

Old 11-18-2009, 10:50 AM

I think you're responding to a different post --? I didnt say anything about BillO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies