Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 10:51 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
They are scared to death of this group.
What is it with the play ground talk? Oh my, liberals are sooooo scared of Hannity, Palin etc.

It's all about the macho chest beating and Jr. High bully talk with you guys? You apply the same mentality to your international relations too, and it's why after eight years of Bush the world friggin' hated us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 10:53 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Did you watch the tape until the end? Obviously not.

And let's be clear,your contention that he "misspoke" is a load of crap. You could make that argument had it happened one time.

He got his ass handed to him for doing so the first time and rightfully so. (He shamed the memory of GI's who were slaughtered in cold blood by the Germans and accused these same soldiers of committing war crimes.)

Shameful enough for you?

So what does he do after getting railed for doing so?

He "misspeaks" again?

Nice try, but no.
I have never watched him but thanks to these boards i will now

Old 11-18-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
What is it with the play ground talk? Oh my, liberals are sooooo scared of Hannity, Palin etc.

It's all about the macho chest beating and Jr. High bully talk with you guys? You apply the same mentality to your international relations too, and it's why after eight years of Bush the world friggin' hated us.
If the left really thought they were liars and insignificant then wht rail on them everyday.

If they are as you say why do you bother?

Old 11-18-2009, 11:01 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Palin, Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, O'Reilly and the like would ALL love to turn back the clock to the days when "happy negroes were in the fields picking cotton and singing spirituals and 'they' were on the front porch sipping mint juleps".

Old 11-18-2009, 11:08 AM

2,352 posts, read 2,280,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
If the left really thought they were liars and insignificant then wht rail on them everyday.

If they are as you say why do you bother?
Because that's where the sheep go to feed. Then they espouse the talking points they hear as facts.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:10 AM

340 posts, read 704,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Palin, Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, O'Reilly and the like would ALL love to turn back the clock to the days when "happy negroes were in the fields picking cotton and singing spirituals and 'they' were on the front porch sipping mint juleps".
That is ______.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:27 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,226,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Ah,the race card again.The left would be utterly lost without it,wouldnt they?Just for the record,make a note of the large number of Blacks that appear during the course of the broadcast week on the Fox Network.This includes Fox employees,regular contributors that appear often,and special guests.Often they present opposing views to that of the host.Do not ever recall seeing a single cotten sack or hoe among them,all the men were wearing suits and ties,and the women stylish business attire.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:42 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,218,924 times
Quote:
I have never listened to these guys and would on some issues be labeled a right wing nut job.
having never really listened to them except clips here, I find the pure hate and character assassination the left does to these guys make me much more intrigued to start to listen to them. I see people call them liars but they never put down what they lied about.

I am starting to think that the left really has fear of them, otherwise they would not be the topic of attacks.
Might push me to wards watching them and see what they have to say.
You are a person with an agenda, rather than an intelligent point.

I've seen hundreds of lies that the "gentlemen" you list have said, posted right here on C-D. You obviously don't care about facts, and only want to use a dumb talking point to score a point. Own goal.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:42 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Quote:
I have never listened to these guys and would on some issues be labeled a right wing nut job.
having never really listened to them except clips here, I find the pure hate and character assassination the left does to these guys make me much more intrigued to start to listen to them. I see people call them liars but they never put down what they lied about.

I am starting to think that the left really has fear of them, otherwise they would not be the topic of attacks.
Might push me to wards watching them and see what they have to say.
Well, actually what they do is a strategy to marginalize diversity of opinion. Liberal politicians want to make you feel that it's not "cool" to listen to those guys so they ostracize them, call them names and make fun of them. They want to control communication. Did you ever hear President Bush, when in office, or Mitch McConnell or John Boehner make fun of Paul Krugman, Maureen Dowd, Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann, Jon Stewart, or anybody on Air America? Did you ever hear Bush whine about any of those personalities when he was in office? Do you know any conservative groups that have thrown pies at liberal campus speakers to silence them on the stage? What's the first thing Nancy pelosi did when she saw a bunch of middle class and many older americans in a peaceful protest on spending and healthcare reform? She called them a name (Astroturf) to marginalize them and dismiss their concerns. If liberal politicians really thought Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity are the names they call them, then they must also think their own base is too stupid to figure it out for themselves, by listening to them. You know, only racist, intolerant, astroturfing, sexist idiots listen to Hannity, Limbaugh or Beck. That's what they want you to think. You should be curious but if you have been listening to liberal media all of your life, you probably think it's mainstream, and that's why what Hannity, Beck and Limbaugh may scare you.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Because that's where the sheep go to feed. Then they espouse the talking points they hear as facts.
I will watch for the first tiem tonight. I can tell you if he lies I just will not return.
Does he get ratings good or bad ratings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies