Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 11:46 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,218,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I have never watched him but thanks to these boards i will now
More evidence that you are dishonest.

You are supposedly conservative, have never watched Hannity, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, etc., and claim that liberals always call them liars without giving examples. Then one is provided, and you say you've just become a loyal follower, just because of the post.

You are transparent and silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 11:46 AM

900 posts, read 673,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornandraised atl View Post
YOU are cheapening the word 'lie', which means - to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive.

If you want to speak about that SPECIFIC statement that Bill O made in his 'letters' segment - he admits he was wrong adds that US soldiers committed atrocities after that incident. - AND does that fall into that category of "to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive"???

No, he made up the bit about U.S. soldiers committing atrocities after Malmedy to cover his butt. I'm not sure why O'Reilly felt it necessary to trash and slander american G.I's, but he did. As a fan of his, perhaps you could explain it to me.

The lie he told was egregious. Anybody who knows even the basics about World War II is familiar with the Malmedy Massacre. Hell, you just had to watch 'Battle of the Bulge' with Henry Fonda to be aware of it.

He lied to make a point and got caught at it.

And he told the lie about massacred American Prisoners of War. Shameful.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post

You are supposedly conservative, have never watched Hannity, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, etc., and claim that liberals always call them liars without giving examples. Then one is provided, and you say you've just become a loyal follower, just because of the post.

I"m glad I'm not the only one who sees through that.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:48 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Ah,the race card again.The left would be utterly lost without it,wouldnt they?Just for the record,make a note of the large number of Blacks that appear during the course of the broadcast week on the Fox Network.This includes Fox employees,regular contributors that appear often,and special guests.Often they present opposing views to that of the host.Do not ever recall seeing a single cotten sack or hoe among them,all the men were wearing suits and ties,and the women stylish business attire.
Scream "race card" all you want but the true motivations behind the anger directed at the Obama administration is quite clear. Why deny it? Are you afraid of being seen as "politically incorrect"?

Old 11-18-2009, 11:49 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Well, actually what they do is a strategy to marginalize diversity of opinion. Liberal politicians want to make you feel that it's not "cool" to listen to those guys so they ostracize them, call them names and make fun of them. They want to control communication. Did you ever hear President Bush, when in office, or Mitch McConnell or John Boehner make fun of Paul Krugman, Maureen Dowd, Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann, Jon Stewart, or anybody on Air America? Did you ever hear Bush whine about any of those personalities when he was in office? Do you know any conservative groups that have thrown pies at liberal campus speakers to silence them on the stage? What's the first thing Nancy pelosi did when she saw a bunch of middle class and many older americans in a peaceful protest on spending and healthcare reform? She called them a name (Astroturf) to marginalize them and dismiss their concerns. If liberal politicians really thought Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity are the names they call them, then they must also think their own base is too stupid to figure it out for themselves, by listening to them. You know, only racist, intolerant, astroturfing, sexist idiots listen to Hannity, Limbaugh or Beck. That's what they want you to think. You should be curious but if you have been listening to liberal media all of your life, you probably think it's mainstream, and that's why what Hannity, Beck and Limbaugh may scare you.
I just came to the conclusion all the name call is about fear. To me the only thing the left would need to fear would be if they were telling the truth.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
I will watch for the first tiem tonight. I can tell you if he lies I just will not return.
Does he get ratings good or bad ratings?
Count me among the people here who find that this post --- uh, strains credulity.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post

I am conservative on some issues and very liberal on others. The only ones in here I have seen calling them liars are liberals. I did not see a lie in any of those videos. To be a lie you would have to say it while knowing it was a lie.
Seems the left loves calling people liars, the right loves to call Obama a liar.

I have not seen these guys (only clips here) but can judge if they lie or not. If they do I will know why i never watched them and will not watch them again.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
Count me among the people here who find that this post --- uh, strains credulity.
So did you know if Oreilly gets good or bad ratings?

Old 11-18-2009, 12:16 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,867 times
Quote:
I have never listened to these guys and would on some issues be labeled a right wing nut job.
having never really listened to them except clips here, I find the pure hate and character assassination the left does to these guys make me much more intrigued to start to listen to them. I see people call them liars but they never put down what they lied about.

I am starting to think that the left really has fear of them, otherwise they would not be the topic of attacks.
Might push me to wards watching them and see what they have to say.
I pointed out in several posts how Beck is a hypocrit, but "the right" on CD ignored my posts and my links. So please don't say that noone ever showed how they lied or are hypocrites.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:17 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,226,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Scream "race card" all you want but the true motivations behind the anger directed at the Obama administration is quite clear. Why deny it? Are you afraid of being seen as "politically incorrect"?
Utter rubbish,just the same old tired whining that the left uses to try and explain opposition to Obama policies.Except for a handfull of bigots,it has nothing to do with racial makeup and everything to do with ideology and agendas.As for the non PC remark,I relish being labeled as "politically incorrect",and often go out of my way to flaunt it.Not uncommon to vote for a third party candidate when the GOP candidate is almost as big a nitwit as is the Dim candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies