Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 01:34 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times

Advertisements

my question is looking at that video, what are people going to do? How will they manage if they dont find a job? I mean yes they are happy for the UE extension but how long can that go on? What will HAPPEN ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 08:19 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
Free trade is survival of the fittest..

If Japanese in the past,Koreans & Chinese today are fitter than us,then we deserve to lose...

Let us not be poor losers...

A little Darwinism is helpful...
Problem is, they aren't fitter than us, only much cheaper.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
my question is looking at that video, what are people going to do? How will they manage if they dont find a job? I mean yes they are happy for the UE extension but how long can that go on? What will HAPPEN ??
Good question. All we hear from the WH and Fed is that it's over and jobs will pick up next year sometime.

I don't see that we've hit bottom and are out. They say jobs are the last to recover but in this case, we need those jobs so we can recover.

Corporations are making profits by trimming headcount. I don't see why they would hire back since they are able to get by with the reduced employees who are now producing more. Too many people fearful of losing their jobs so they stomach the cut hours and wages and continue to trod on.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:19 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
It's all a domino effect: Unemployment means people buy less, which means companies can't sell their goods, so they cut back, and cutting back means putting more people on unemployment...and on and on it goes. Why JOBS aren't a priority with the adminsitration is beyond me. Instead, they are looking at ways to tax us more. How are people going to pay the taxes if they can't afford to pay their running bills?

I'm OK for now, but I really feel sorry for those families who are struggling, especially at this holiday season. Marines report that their Toys For Tots program has fewer donations this year. Every food pantry is hurting. Those of us who have 2 canned goods should give one to our neighborhood food pantry - be it homeless shelter or local church. It's not going to get any better if the Democrats keep raping the country, and people without jobs can't wait "until jobs pick up next year".

Old 11-26-2009, 02:25 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
This will be scary and the saddest part is the government is acting like there doing these people a favor.

The youth in our small town thinks it's cool to sit around all day, party all night and get a check on Wednesday. Is This The ............GOOD LIFE, THE AMERICAN RIDE!!!!

Old 11-26-2009, 02:31 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
That is what Demopcrats lie tyo think;they delude themselves into thining Bush took all those stupid loans and lied about the p[eoples income. Of course Obama has spent like a trillion dollars with no results. Hide their heads i the sand and not lok at what is coming from Obamas actions. They will see soon enough whe the bill comes dur.
Bush and Phil Gramm pushed through Legislation that decriminalized that kind of parasitic behavior

Old 11-27-2009, 06:36 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,488,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Problem is, they aren't fitter than us, only much cheaper.

We have to bite the bullet,take the challenge,renovate,innovate,reconstruct,re-engineer...

See the disgrace,the ...Chinese call today for free trade & criticise ...us for protectionist tendencies...

To paraphrase a capitalist ..."He who lends,makes the rules "...

Old 11-27-2009, 06:54 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Yes, Bush almost destroyed the USA. Now that he is gone things will slowly start to get better. It will take a long to undo all the damage he did so be patient.
At least 8 years right?
How did Bush find time to do that when he was busy setting the stage for massive food waste in America?

Old 11-27-2009, 07:02 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
And will add to that, those that these fiends are tied to: Congress

On a similar note, here is a good article, puts things into perspective:
Rich Vs. Poor Is Not The Right Debate - Forbes.com
Yeah Steve Forbes says it shouldn't be Rich Vs Poor

Poor Steve............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies