Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 01:13 PM

99 posts, read 522,378 times

Advertisements

We (USA) are in a terrible situation. Russia does not like us. Whole of Islamic world hates us for our policies. Mexicans does not like our Immigration policies. China does not like our policies. South american do not like US citizens. A lot of Asians also, do not like our policies.

Most of americans itself do not like govt policies. Is there a problem with us? Or are we really bad boys and bad performer? I am trying to find an answer.

Can anyone help please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2007, 02:14 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,477,547 times
The war in Iraq is a major and obvious cause of all this.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:31 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,678,600 times
For the most part nations across the globe just want us to keep our noses out of their business.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:39 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
If we were a poor country with a genocidal dictator running the show, we would be more popular.

Nobody likes it when you are the best.

They can get over it as far as I'm concerned. Have you brushed up on how life is in Russia, Mexico, South American countries, China, India, etc. for their average citizen?

The reason so many in the US whine all day is because they have grown a sense of entitlement. We have it as good as we have ever, yet people want to cry because they can't afford a 1500sf home, a car for everyone with a driver's license, all the latest internet/computer/game/home theater/etc. and dining out all the time. In the 1800's, the working class worked. They didn't go home and play at 5:00 everyday. Chores were done until dark, for most families, and they went inside and ate their meals in peace and quiet while talking to each other. Now everyone pops in and zones out to their own world while turning up the 62 inch plasma widescreen to hear the latest NBC report by Brian Willams about how big oil executives are making millions, then saying there is a pinch on the middle class because of them, then he collects his few million for daily teleprompter readings to a camera.

Hmmmm, I do wonder what is wrong with America.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:42 PM

959 posts, read 2,361,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snitins View Post
We (USA) are in a terrible situation. Russia does not like us. Whole of Islamic world hates us for our policies. Mexicans does not like our Immigration policies. China does not like our policies. South american do not like US citizens. A lot of Asians also, do not like our policies.

Most of americans itself do not like govt policies. Is there a problem with us? Or are we really bad boys and bad performer? I am trying to find an answer.

Can anyone help please?
Why do people hate us? Because we're rich, powerful, and free.

Frankly, I really don't give 2 snits about WHY they hate us; it's a question people seem to want an answer to. My answer, especially to radical Islamic hate or any hate that turns into terrorism/innocent killing, is ...hate 'em back. Otherwise, they are free to hate all they want! My advice is; don't lose sleep over why.

And, also, actually most of Americans really do love their country. The MINORITY of folks that criticize US constantly just yell real loud...and get REAL quiet when you suggest they move somewhere else.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:45 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:

Can anyone help please?
We often read in our media the things that you're stating.

Regarding:

The Islamic world - they don't tolerate anyone's policies but their own. Who do they like?

Mexico not liking our immigration policies - So what? When were they even allowed to have a say? I haven't voted for any Mexicans to represent me where our (meaning U.S.) interests are concerned.

Russia - I know Putin doesn't like us. From what I've observed there aren't a shortage of Russians who don't like Putin and his return to the Soviet method of running a country. Plus they have strong economic interests in Iran.

China - Of course they don't like our policies. Particularly when it comes to Iran and Sudan/Darfur. Should we change our policies so that a Communist dictatorship will "like" us.

South America - there are several countries in SA. Which are friends or foe, other the Chavez's Venezuela, I don't know.

I think it's time for America to grow up and stop worrying about whether our policies are going to cause us to gain / lose popularity. High School's over. I want my leaders to look after U.S. interests first.

I just can't see the leaders of France, Germany, Russia, China, E. Timor, Zimbabwe etc. worrying about what we will think of them if they implement "XYZ" policy.

We also seem to have a lot of people trying to come into the U.S. legally and not.

We're said to be the world's primary economic/military superpower. We also have a lot of freedom and the right to live as individuals. Some people will always dislike us for those reasons alone.

We'll have to get over it.

Old 05-15-2007, 03:08 PM

793 posts, read 3,122,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskagrl View Post
Why do people hate us? Because we're rich, powerful, and free.

Frankly, I really don't give 2 snits about WHY they hate us; it's a question people seem to want an answer to. My answer, especially to radical Islamic hate or any hate that turns into terrorism/innocent killing, is ...hate 'em back. Otherwise, they are free to hate all they want! My advice is; don't lose sleep over why.

And, also, actually most of Americans really do love their country. The MINORITY of folks that criticize US constantly just yell real loud...and get REAL quiet when you suggest they move somewhere else.

Amen. I don't give a hoot what others think. Sovereignty still means something I would hope in this country. Its always about how someone else feels. What about how we feel? We still have alot more friends than many realize and who understand the important and necessary role America plays as the lone remaining super power. Australia, Poland, Japan, India, even Russia, Canada, and England despite alot of conflictions. You can argue that alot of Europe is one country anyhow that goes well beyond simply shared perspectives. The biggest problem we have developed also over the course of the Bush presidency also isn't what he has decided to do. It is the manner in which he has executed it. Execution of the war and not enough explanation as to why. A perfect example of a joke on the international stage besides the usual rhetoric about the "unjust" war was the Kyoto Protocol. No question this silly proposed arrangement should have been dismissed instantaneously. Kudos to Bush for that. But thanks to to his wretched communication skills, George Bush wouldn't expound as to why this treaty wasn't feasible to sustain prosperity and economic viability in the U.S. Just explain yourself and that would would have sufficed even though you will still have the nonsensical idealogues to some degree every where you go. I'll buy the lack of communications as it applies to explanations. This whole idea that we aren't communicating or dictating our policies in accordance to appeasing the rest of the world is pure rubbish.

Last edited by unknown stuntman; 05-15-2007 at 03:22 PM..

Old 05-15-2007, 03:43 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
I'll tell you what the problem is and it has little to do about worrying what other countries think.

The Bill of Rights has over time slowly been eroding and perverted.Ethical standards have been eroding.The rule of law in the constitution has been eroding.

The rule of law has been replaced with political correctness and "feelings",specially regarding immigration.

The scope of the federal government has become the menace that the founders tried to limit.

Profit at any cost has become normal without ethics and patriotism.

Lack of repect for life,and the view that anything that goes wrong in ones life is someone elses blame.

And regarding foriegn affairs,this country has failed to remember Goerge Washington's warning about becoming involved in other countries.

Old 05-15-2007, 04:00 PM

578 posts, read 3,063,460 times
Quote:

Can anyone help please?
The whole of the Islamic world doesnt like any western nation not just the US just because the way we live, our cultures and technology and how we are progressing.

Old 05-15-2007, 04:34 PM

529 posts, read 1,892,857 times
I wouldn't mind if we just kept our nose out of everybody elses business for a change.

Being big and rich and powerful doesn't exactly mean squat if you are going around showing it off every day.

Pushing our way into everyone elses business sort of detracts from our well imagined power doncha think?

Nobody likes a blowhard, a show off, or a braggart.

I think we are full of ourselves and the nations around the world know it, so they are more than happy to take advantage.

We lost Korea (and that war isn't even over yet), we lost Viet Nam, we lost out in Somolia (we can't even "peace keep" properly), we lost out in Pakistan, we cut and run in desert storm (never finished the job) and here we are..... embarrassing ourselves in Iraq... and all for what?... 'cause we are big and bad??..... Pahleeze.

It's usually the guy that's spoiling for it that gets his butt kicked.... we aren't defending anything, and we are offending everything.

We've been warring around for so long, that we just can't sit still until we blow something or someone else up.....

We've had a major conflict roughly every 20 years since we've become a nation..... we've attacked just about everyone, including Canada and Mexico.

We yank peace around with one hand and blow somebody up with the other.
People hear what we say and then see what we do..... and then we sit around with that deer in the headlight look and wonder what the problem is.

We are going to get our butts kicked all over the map until the day comes when we sit down and realize that there are other folks that live on this globe too. It's not just "all about us".

Oh, and one more thing:

Jump on the short wave and listen to the news sometime...... Even the Aussies are pissed at us.

Last edited by GiftShoppeGuy; 05-15-2007 at 04:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies