Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 10:02 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,765,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Again sciense is NOT perfect and has many times been proven wrong espceially where the mind and how it works goes. For you to call an entire religion hypocrites based on what science is just wrong. There is no way to 100% say for sure that people are born with a sexual attraction to one sex over another. What about people that are bi-sexual were they born that way?
There is nothing wrong about calling it as I see it. If you told me when apples fell off a tree they floated around in the air I would call you on it just like I am calling you on this. You sit here and argue about how nothing can be 100% sure. Ok I will give you that. Science does not 100% prove things. However it is the closest thing to proof we have about most things. You are in turn calling Gay people sinners based on something that you have 0% of actual proof for because you have 0% proof that god actually exists.

And yes bi-sexual people were born that way. Why is someone being different so scary to you?

Quote:
Ugh no it is because of God you do good, He will guide you to do good. Not that difficult to understand. God is good and if you believe and listen to His way you WILL do good. Get it now?

No I don't. Do priests that molest children believe in god? don't lots of christians get divorced? cheat on their spouses? commit crimes? cheat on taxes?

I do a lot of good things...a lot of good things for people less fortunate than I am. It's not because of god it is because I realize that is what good people do. We take care of each other, we love each other, we don't single out groups and cast them into hell.

Quote:
No you can not continue because it is easier to just sit on your pedestal looking down your hypocritical nose at people of faith. It is easier to bash us then to even attempt to understand. Fine you are the one that is losing out not me.
I in no way look down of people of faith. I look down at hypocrites who claim to be christ like and good christians but do the opposite. I look down at hypocritical churches that have stained glass windows, marble altars, gold cups, and exotic wood pews while people in the same town are homeless and hungry. I am not bashing you because of faith but because of how you act. I am not losing out on anything. There is no way you could ever convince me that even if your exact idea of heaven and hell existed that someone going to church and accepting christ but figuratively stepping on people their whole life would go to heaven before me because I failed to believe the bible. But i don't believe in your heaven and hell anyway so not important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Actually no this is:

way to take one sentence out of an entire response. grow up

Old 12-01-2009, 11:31 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
true here is the origin of that word.

Etymology: partly from Middle English murther, from Old English morthor; partly from Middle English murdre, from Anglo-French, of Germanic origin; akin to Old English morthor; akin to Old High German mord murder, Latin mort-, mors death, mori to die, mortuus dead, Greek brotos mortal

people executed still die......not to mention how many of them have been innocent.
But it is not the same thing... you can not equate a criminal being judged and executed to the murder a criminal does.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
ok makes no sense. I don't hate or judge anyone.
Yet you (wrongly) assume many christian conservatives do.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:40 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Again sciense is NOT perfect and has many times been proven wrong espceially where the mind and how it works goes. For you to call an entire religion hypocrites based on what science is just wrong. There is no way to 100% say for sure that people are born with a sexual attraction to one sex over another. What about people that are bi-sexual were they born that way?
Good question!

"The term ambidexter in English was originally used in a legal sense of jurors who accepted bribes from both parties for their verdict."

Ambidexterity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-01-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever Adrift View Post
One sentence responses? How about, oh... I don't know, actually responding to my arguments? I spend time writing about the death penalty and how it could be seen as unjust due to the way it's implemented, yet you don't seem to have anything to say about the justness of its application. Strange for someone who is so willing to appeal to justice to legitimize his more controversial views.

More interesting to me, though, is your complete disregard to my comments on homosexuality. Fine, you think its a sin, I get that. Now tell me how, precisely, you justify being against homosexuality because the Bible tells you so without being against the other sins listed in the VERY SAME BOOK OF THE BIBLE that says homosexuality is a sin! Leviticus says homosexuality is a sin. Leviticus also says that eating oysters and clams is an abomination, a sin! Leviticus says wearing clothing made out of more than one type of fabric is sin. Leviticus says lying in the same bed as a woman who is on her period is a sin. You can't just pick and choose; you either believe everything called sinful in the Leviticus is, in fact sinful, or you don't. It would be unbelievably hypocritical to say you think homosexuality is sinful because the Bible says so without also saying that people who happen to wear shirts made out of both wool and cotton are equally sinful. Can you explain your justification for this?
In this case, a one-sentence response was sufficient.

I know all about what levitcus says... homosexuality is still a sin! I don't think what you quoted above is in the New Testament.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:53 AM

103 posts, read 118,417 times
Quote:
Why so many un christ like behaviors?

Pro- death penalty.

Hate Gays.
Hate "illegal" immigrants.
Hate African Americans or at least point a racial finger at everything.

Christ loved everyone. The poorest, the outcasts, lepers, whores.

So why??

For the same reason the Left can't tolerate anyone who doesn't agree with them.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:25 AM

1,133 posts, read 712,231 times
Quote:
Your belief of what is and isn't a baby is based in religion. Like I said believe what you want but don't force it on others. As you said in your eyes they are destined for hell anyway so better off that they not be parents.

Secondly I do believe that calling anyone who does not accept your religion hedonistic and narcisstic would be somewhat hateful
There you go putting words in peoples mouths again. Don't you ever stop to analyse what you are saying? What is or isn't a baby is very easy to observe, i.e. movement , heartbeat, etc. It is only deniers that want to invent to justify their immoral, unethical, hedonistic and narcissistic behaviors and beliefs that see it differently. Nothing particularly religious about it it is just plain an simple right vs wrong and it doesn't involve fantasies like global warming and other made up concoctions to justify erant beliefs and behaviors.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:32 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
If one believes that God is on your side, many feel free to hate. The most hateful family on my street has just put up their lifesize nativity scene in the yard.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
But it is not the same thing... you can not equate a criminal being judged and executed to the murder a criminal does.

are they not both dead before their natural life was up??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies