Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 08:46 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPerson09 View Post
Ok

Yes

Global

Ocean Acidification
Can you cite any specific research be it by name or author to support your claim? I would be interested in reading it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 08:52 PM

737 posts, read 1,177,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Can you cite any specific research be it by name or author to support your claim? I would be interested in reading it.
Coral Reefs Under Rapid Climate Change and Ocean Acidification -- Hoegh-Guldberg et al. 318 (5857): 1737 -- Science

Report Warns About Carbon Dioxide Threats To Marine Life

Ocean Acidification: Impact On Key Organisms Of Oceanic Fauna May Be Worse Than Predicted

Impacts of ocean acidification on marine fauna and ecosystem processes -- Fabry et al. 65 (3): 414 -- ICES Journal of Marine Science: Journal du Conseil

There's dozens of articles and journals out there about the negative effects of ocean acidification.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:56 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Yes, I am aware of such, just as I am aware of the fact that many are equally contested in their beliefs of the requirements and effects of such systems.

Thanks for the info, I will respond after I have done some reading into your citations.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Folks, I have said before here today that global warming is little more than a huge conspiracy that involves the UN and other America hating groups to do away with the democracy we live in and to take our money to third world countries. I don't know who all is involved in this conspiracy but at least one person who has left the Obama White House had to have been. Van Jones is on video saying that we should be giving our money to the American indians in payment for taking their country away from them. He surely believes that the Indians alive today deserve to be paid for what our ancestors did to theirs. He believes the same thing about black people, who mostly can trace their ancestry to slavery.

Now Van Jones is also on video talking about not being able to break the US through his old Red (Communist) group and he saw Green as the best way to get there.

Now only fools think that Cap and Trade or Crap and Tax as I call it, is anything other than a way to take away the wealth of the United States and give it to all those other countries who haven't been as fortunate as we have.

I tried to tell people here about Agenda 21 of the United Nations with so few people wanting to know anything like that so I gave up. In less than two weeks the global warmers are getting together in Copenhagen and there is no doubt in my mind that they will trot out their treaty to replace Kyoto and Obama will sign it. I can't wait to see how Dirty Harry Reid tries to buy the necessary 67 votes to get that thing approved. Anyway this treaty has words in it that talk about the establishing of a One World Government. That means the US loses its sovereignty and is no longer self-governing.

How am I supposed to believe that the Warmers getting together with the UN and its Agenda 21 doesn't spew conspiracy? It is so obvious that anybody who wasn't wanting to accept the political idea of man made global warming to the extent they refuse to look at anything that doesn't accept global warming is just not smart enough to look beyond Algore's nose.

People, we have got to awaken to the fact that the elites of this world are taking our nation away from us, except for the Americans in the group who are helping give it away.

Anybody here know anything a bout the Bilderberg Group? Sure, many here do, but most of them won't admit to thinking is is nothing but an elite group of wealth people. Our new Secretary of HHS has been to the last two meetings and she is not really a wealthy woman. So much to be looked into and we get some probably real truth about what has been going on as supposed scientists tell lies just to get UN grants of money to keep their own salaries coming in and so many just won't try to find out if these e-mails are really true.

We were losing our nation slowly for years and all of a sudden it is leaving us on a dead run. It is time to stop the ridiculous arguing about man made global warming and looking into whether we are being spirited away by people who don't give a damn about us.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:10 PM

737 posts, read 1,177,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Yes, I am aware of such, just as I am aware of the fact that many are equally contested in their beliefs of the requirements and effects of such systems.

Thanks for the info, I will respond after I have done some reading into your citations.
I'm also aware that I am the only person on this thread who has posted links to actual scholarly journals indicating the negative effects of ocean acidification and sources for other claims.

The climate change deniers have been incapable of providing anything scholarly, the closest they have gotten are opinion pieces as opposed to articles about current research.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:12 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,221 times
Roy Good post. The FACTS are out there and getting people to REALLY look it over is another.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:15 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,221 times
If they would STOP dropping GARBAGE in the ocean. I don't dispute your articles but what the government is doing to us is FAR WORSE.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:19 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
Climategate: the final nail in the coffin of ‘Anthropogenic Global Warming’? – Telegraph Blogs
Unfortunately, a lot of science is bull$^&*. It's hard to know the wheat from the chaff. How can anyone in the public know the integrity of the people doing the work. When there's a political or financial agenda behind "science", the waters get pretty damned murky pretty quickly.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:48 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

We were losing our nation slowly for years and all of a sudden it is leaving us on a dead run. It is time to stop the ridiculous arguing about man made global warming and looking into whether we are being spirited away by people who don't give a damn about us.
roy..it takes an awakening to understand. No one wants to believe that Americans are being led by controls behind the scenes. No one wants to believe that the bankers make the rules in this world. No one wants to believe because the thought of that is "too out there".

But, with each "crack in the system" more people get fed up; more people start to question; more people lose that apathy and more people will "wake up".

Old 11-24-2009, 10:15 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If you asked that question of me in the context of Global Warming I'd first point out it was asked incorrectly as it either shows your bias or ignorance towards the issues since you're using the word "chemicals". CO2 is the gas released when you burn fossil fuels, not only is it harmless (except in high concentrations or aside from the AGW debate) but it is also necessary for life to exist on this planet as we know it.
OMG.

Lets look at it this way, it makes our contributions to disappearing glaciers, rising tides, changing climate zones and disappearances of entire ecosystems so much more easy to ignore, doesnt it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies