Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 05:29 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,863,147 times

Advertisements

Considering that the globe on a moderately long term basis is in what we call an Ice Age we should be glad we are doing something to keep the glacial ice sheets limited to Greenland and Antartica. We can figure our how to remain prosperous in a warming climate but it is far more difficult if the ice comes back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 05:37 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,101,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
...So you have no evidence to support your claim?

I don't believe anything. As I've stated repeatedly, the actions we need to take to stop burning carbon need to happen regardless of big climate because carbon has undeniable impact locally. All you political ideologues who think you have found your city of gold with this issue misinterpret my position.

Anyway, I'll give you one more chance to provide evidence to support your claim. No excuses, no assuming what I will believe or won't believe. That's all childish scapegoating. I'm far more open minded than you. Do not project.

Evidence for your claim. Cough it up or shut it up.

Wouldn't it be better if you grow up. Proof has been posted in this thread. I don't research for the lazy or the lame that refuse to verify for themselves. I'm not the sheep in this picture. When I saw it reported on the news that they were placing temp guages by heat sources I checked to MYSELF to see if it was the truth unlike some who decide to believe or not what anyone says because they are too lazy or not curious enough to waht to learn. Like I said, I'm not the sheep here. Educate yourself.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:41 AM

817 posts, read 854,352 times
I can't stop laughing. Why aren't all the al gore sheeple responding????? Gotta love it.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:09 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,945,247 times
Quote:
I can't stop laughing. Why aren't all the al gore sheeple responding????? Gotta love it.
because "Sucker born every minute"

http://www.theschifferreport.com/images/Al-Gore--money.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-30-2009, 06:29 AM

30,118 posts, read 18,723,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Climate change data dumped - Times Online

I'd say this completes the debunking of this whole man made global warming scare created and manufactured by warm-mongering 'scientists'.

The global warming crowd (Goretards I think one poster referred to them as) will continue to cling to thier religion until there masters command them to move to another dance.

Most of these fanatics, a few years from now, will deny ever promoting this fraud and will have erased any memory of thier foolishness. Liberals have short memories, thankfully for their keepers, and will be ready for another hoax in about ten years. It will be exciting to see if the next hoax is as outrageous as this one, as global warming was a doozy. Who would have thought anyone would have believed it?

Old 11-30-2009, 07:00 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,969,525 times
Quote:
Hahahaha. Cornered me with evidence. That's funny. You are yet to provide any evidence besides stuff that's been processed years ago based on one or two studies.

I have simply pointed out that your are compelled by ideology and you can't stand that I'm right. You link political positions with science and cant' see around it.

The free market could easily solve every pollution problem we have (or do you not believe that we create pollution either?).
It was simply to point out that your calls for "evidence" are nothing more than cheap tactics that will result in you waving it off (as you did with me when you claimed it wasn't important when I provided it to you, an "evasion").

This is an issue far above your head, something that deals with the science and something that shows extreme steps to manipulate the public and process to push an agenda.

People here have been posting the evidence over and over and in extreme detail. The problem is with your ignorance of the subject, so providing you with "unbiased evidence" (you wouldn't have a clue who was biased or unbiased in the field) is nothing more than an attempt to look legit as you wave off any and ALL evidence provided to you.

Your position is as many here are disgusted with. It is a position that cares not about the science, cares not about the fact that the movement is lying and manipulating people to push its unfounded agenda. To you it is a perfect way to get what you want, so it is acceptable. That tells us more than you know about your ethical character.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:07 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,969,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Wouldn't it be better if you grow up. Proof has been posted in this thread. I don't research for the lazy or the lame that refuse to verify for themselves. I'm not the sheep in this picture. When I saw it reported on the news that they were placing temp guages by heat sources I checked to MYSELF to see if it was the truth unlike some who decide to believe or not what anyone says because they are too lazy or not curious enough to waht to learn. Like I said, I'm not the sheep here. Educate yourself.
There are numerous posts in these threads that detail it, he/she is merely an ignorant pawn pushing an agenda because it falls in line with their self interest. They don't even know enough about the subject to even comment on what you provide.

This one is as devious in intent as those at the core of this scandal.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:16 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,569,023 times
Quote:
Who knows what's going on here - it could be very nefarious - but lack of evidence is not evidence to the contrary.

The first blow up was just about whether to include dissenting views in the final report - had nothing to do with the science. We'll see how this shakes out. Hopefully there will be repercussions if they are tampering with data.
Quote:
Please cite non-biased evidence for your claim.
After you....

Old 11-30-2009, 07:18 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,569,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
Not in the slightest. If anything, it discredits this ONE study (out of thousands) - if even that. The lost data were originally collected from weather stations from around the world. It might be painstakingly slow and tedious, but I'm sure the data can be recollected (presumably the weather stations keep their data stored).

Also, I don't know how much creedence I'm going to put into a story which quotes someone from Colorado University:

"Roger Pielke, professor of environmental studies at Colorado University, discovered data had been lost when he asked for original records. “The CRU is basically saying, ‘Trust us’. So much for settling questions and resolving debates with science,” he said.""

seeing as how there is no such thing as Colorado University.
How are those Goregoggles working out for you?

Old 11-30-2009, 07:38 AM

24,449 posts, read 23,127,133 times
Mr. Gore, tear down this wall of lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies