Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2009, 10:49 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
If you became sick, would you avoid seeking medical assistance from a doctor? Would seeking out medical services be considered a crutch for those who are sick? Of course not! The sick seeks out medical assistance so they can become well and avoidance of doctors would be foolish!

Whether you recognize this or not, our souls are "sick" due to sin and Jesus is the only one that can save our souls from the sickness of sin.
If you are that spiritual a person, you must believe that things that are outside of the normal realm exist. The belief in Jesus is right for you or for whomever it feels right to, but some individuals operate on a different level or frequency than others. You resonate to Jesus and that's fine, but no everyone feels the same and it is not because they are sinful or sick. I have come across people that attempt to preach to me and I get the strong feeling that because they were in need of that type of relating, it worked for them so they can't wait to spread "the word". If there is a higher power it is for the individual to decide what form or vibration that power takes, not anyone else. Religion and spirituality is a personal thing and so it should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 10:51 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Why would God provide me with a message for you when you are not interested in hearing from Him directly?"""

I didn't ask for a message FOR ME. I asked you what he told YOU...why would you keep it SUCH a SECRET!!!!
Didn't your god instruct youse guys to spread the word???

God desires a relationship with each and every one of us not just a few select individuals. The only reason why He speaks to Christians is because we want to hear from Him and try to heed His voice.
Y'all better try harder....if he's been a talkin' ,you ain't been listenin' !!!

Me? I'll just behave myself out of self respect and respect for others.....

Old 12-04-2009, 10:51 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Palin also believes (being the end time believer that she is) that anyone that does not accept Jesus Christ as the savior will go straight to hell. Well, if I see a man with long hair and a halo descending from the sky and people floating up towards him, even I would be a fool not to change my point of view. Until that day, I prefer to be a bit more realistic on my views of religion.
Evngelical fever hit the Mat Su Valley quite a number of years ago. I had never seen anything like it and I was amazed at how their religious talk...and they talked of little else...was always interwoven with politics. I've actually heard people say that in the event of a nuclear war, we'd be better off having a full scale one because "saved souls" are better off than live sinners. I think they are more extreme than most evangelicals and that has partly to do with the relative isolation (until recently) of the part of the country they live in.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:55 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,504,903 times
I heard they can see God from Alaska.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:00 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Y'all better try harder....if he's been a talkin' ,you ain't been listenin' !!!

Me? I'll just behave myself out of self respect and respect for others.....
I have shared the Gospel several times on here.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I heard they can see God from Alaska.
Yeah, I saw her once when I was into the moonshine.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:02 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Default Palin says nation should rededicate itself to God

How exactly does the "nation" dedicate itself to God?

Congress of (535) plus President and V-President (2) plus Supreme Court Justices (9) surround a bible, all hold hands and dedicate out loud?

We already have the words "In God We Trust" on the "money", and look at the sorry state of our "money".

If Sarah Palin's words weren't empty and political crap, then what does she mean, exactly?

Old 12-04-2009, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
I dont particularly care for Palin, but she's 10,000 % correct on that statement.

Why do you think that she is correct? She states that:

Quote:
RALEIGH, N.C. - Sarah Palin says the United States should rededicate itself to seeking God's will, arguing that a humble spirit could help leaders get more answers on issues such as health care, energy and national security
She didn't say that the people of the United States are experiencing a spiritual deficit so much as she's saying that the United States as a nation should follow a certain religion, and the implication of that is that is that said religion should be reflected in our legislation. I'm sure that someone in this thread has already pointed this out, haven't read the entire thing, but this country was largely founded on the principle of separation of Church and State. Quite a few of our ancestors came here to escape religious oppression. Palin is an extreme evangelical and that's one of the most oppressive religions in existence.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:11 PM

221 posts, read 228,870 times
Palin should continue her education. I'm sure she can find another college to drop out of!

Old 12-04-2009, 11:14 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
How exactly does the "nation" dedicate itself to God?

Congress of (535) plus President and V-President (2) plus Supreme Court Justices (9) surround a bible, all hold hands and dedicate out loud?

We already have the words "In God We Trust" on the "money", and look at the sorry state of our "money".

If Sarah Palin's words weren't empty and political crap, then what does she mean, exactly?
Maybe our society has outward signs of Christianity but dedicating ourselves to God involves our heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies