Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 10:04 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
First, there really is no "battle" being fought except by christians who want their faith on display like a neon bar sign.
Second, God is personal and everyones idea of god is not the same.
Third, nobody is destroying christmas. Stop being lame.
Thank you.

I could not rep you though. I repped you too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 10:13 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
You seem to get angry. Especially with your "quit" statement.
Chatteress asked if you would return a Christmas bonus; I replied with if your job gave you a Christmas bonus you would quit because you said you would not work with a company that gave you a Christmas bonus.
Quote:
Why would you say I think too much of myself? Wow. Sorry for saying my opinion.
Because you keep claiming that I'm upset by your opinion.
Quote:
Of course they will tax your bonus. They want your $$$$, do they not?
They put that into the policy so that everyone will know. We often get cash awards...on your next check that amount will be listed and taxed...however there is nothing in our policy that say Christmas or any other holiday...therefore if you'd been hired to work for my company, on Friday when they handed you your Christmas bonus (according to you) you would have quit.

Quote:
Look, Chatteress asked. I replied to her. You got into it and wrote that whole "Quit" thing so I replied back. I am not arguing anything. Just replying back to Chatteress
. Sorry, that was my fault for not realizing a conversation on a public forum was a private conversation.

Quote:
I do not believe in mixing religion with work policies. Simple as that.
That's fine. I understood that when you posted it the first time. So if you accepted a position and later found out they mixed religion with their work policies you would quit...still not sure why you assume this makes me angry.
Quote:
And if they did happen to make it a "Christmas bonus" as you stated, I would decline it. If they say no and add it on anyways, I would give that money away to charity or something I believe in. I want nothing to do with it.
Oh so you would decline it but you wouldn't quit? Okay well I guess maybe that's my fault for not understanding the phrase "I would not work with a company who gave Christmas bonuses"

Old 12-07-2009, 10:14 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
I got a bonus. It was tucked inside a Christmas card. Does that make it a Christmas bonus? Do I care?

Old 12-07-2009, 10:23 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I got a bonus. It was tucked inside a Christmas card. Does that make it a Christmas bonus? Do I care?
That would depend, what kind of image was on this "Christmas card"?

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

Old 12-07-2009, 10:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
It was a scene of a Victorian-type house in the snow. There was a wreath on the door.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Thank you.

I could not rep you though. I repped you too much.
Hardy har har, I got to rep Snake and loved every minute of it.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Chatteress asked if you would return a Christmas bonus; I replied with if your job gave you a Christmas bonus you would quit because you said you would not work with a company that gave you a Christmas bonus.
Quote:
Because you keep claiming that I'm upset by your opinion.
You give that impression...

Quote:
They put that into the policy so that everyone will know. We often get cash awards...on your next check that amount will be listed and taxed...however there is nothing in our policy that say Christmas or any other holiday...therefore if you'd been hired to work for my company, on Friday when they handed you your Christmas bonus (according to you) you would have quit.
I don't get a Christmas bonus

Quote:
. Sorry, that was my fault for not realizing a conversation on a public forum was a private conversation.
You are forgiven. But I do not see why you are saying sorry anyways. I never said that you could not reply. All I said was that I wrote back to Chatteress simple as that.

Quote:
That's fine. I understood that when you posted it the first time. So if you accepted a position and later found out they mixed religion with their work policies you would quit...still not sure why you assume this makes me angry.
Because you sure seem like you were.

Yes I would.
Quote:
Oh so you would decline it but you wouldn't quit? Okay well I guess maybe that's my fault for not understanding the phrase "I would not work with a company who gave Christmas bonuses"
Someone has some reading and attitude issues. Big time. I do think it is your fault and yes, I would QUIT (just so you get it this last time) and give that money away.

If you dont get it by now, I am so sorry. "Christmas bonuses" suck and I do not believe in mixing religion with work.

Hope you understand now.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Hardy har har, I got to rep Snake and loved every minute of it.
And I got to rep Who? Me and loved every SECOND of it.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It was a scene of a Victorian-type house in the snow. There was a wreath on the door.
Kat, I am sure happy you were able to keep that bonus no matter what it showed on the card. Those who say they would not keep a Christmas bonus sound to me like they aren't really very smart. Who cares what kind of bonus it is? Take the money, that is left after you GET to pay income tax on the full amount, and run to the bank with it. Anyone could forget how much that was in time.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:35 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Someone has some reading and attitude issues. Big time. I do think it is your fault and yes, I would QUIT (just so you get it this last time) and give that money away.

If you dont get it by now, I am so sorry. "Christmas bonuses" suck and I do not believe in mixing religion with work.

Hope you understand now.
I got it the first time around, which is why I said it. I find no fault in your choices (even though you seem to want to believe I do) I simply stated that based on your comments if you were to receive a Christmas bonus from your employer you would quit that job because you don't believe in mixing religion and work...I have no idea why you have such a hard time understanding that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
That would depend, what kind of image was on this "Christmas card"?
Mine was a fat Santa Clause peeking through the window...and once it was opened it sing Santa Claus is coming to town...my coworker got one that sings Santa Baby... I was so jealous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies