Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 09:10 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times

Advertisements

I don't know how to do the friend bit on the board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 09:51 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
The majority of Americans have no idea how common adultery is among celebrities. There are so many professional athletes that I personally know are involved with affairs and that are not published because I know the women they fool around with and they tell me. I would like to list them here but I don't want to get sued for defaming people but let's put it this way, I'm more suprised when I find out a celebrity DOESNT cheat on his spouse.

Tiger Woods is not alone. Most of the professional athletes I know cheat. They are not as high profile as Woods and get away with it because they are more subtle about it. Most of their wives know or suspect their husbands cheat but deal with it because they like the money and don't want to split up their family. And a lot of these celebrities are guys who you would think are "good" guys or "family" guys that would never cheat. Talk to young women in Los Angelas and they will surely tell you of a girlfriend who slept with a married actor that isn't in the tabloids. And even TMZ and these tabloids know of celebrities cheating but don't have proof so they don't report it but based on the grapevine they know of others who fool around.

It's not sex addiction. What people don't get is that most non-celebrities and wealthy men have never faced the temptation to cheat like these athletes. If they did, a lot more of them would cheat. If you have beautiful women approaching you and wanting to sleep with you on a daily basis, at some point, you are going to give in. That's what these athletes face. A lot of beautiful women are turned on my celebrities; they don't want money, they just want to have sex with a celebrity. They feel empowered and can brag about it to their girlfriends. There are a lot of women like that. It's a fetish. If you take a normal guy in society and expose him to what Tiger and these other guys face, they will probably cheat too. I'm not arguing they are justified or that it's right but when I see people attacking Tiger Woods, they really have no clue. I've seen how it works with celebrities and it's so easy. They don't have to do anything. These women essentially walk up to them and offer to have sex with them.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:04 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
A lot of beautiful women are turned on my celebrities; they don't want money, they just want to have sex with a celebrity. They feel empowered and can brag about it to their girlfriends. There are a lot of women like that. It's a fetish.
Trophy hunters. Groupies. They've been around forever in the sports and entertainment industry. I don't call it a fetish, I call it extreme low self-esteem and these women think that by sleeping with celebrities that makes them a celebrity by proxy. I've often thought that someone should teach classes for people who become celebrities overnight on how to handle their money, their groupies, their emotions, protect their privacy, etc.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 12-09-2009 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: added last sentence

Old 12-09-2009, 10:14 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,854,130 times
I think both men, along with Clinton and too many others to count, are opportunitsts. The average guy on the street seldom (okay, never) has beautiful women throw themselves at their feet. But high profile men like Woods, Kennedy, Clinton etc. do and they take the advantage when it's presented. Having "admiring" women at your beck and call is a huge boost to the male ego plus these men seem not to be as concerned about consequences because they have others around to insulate them from discovery. Guess it stopped working for Tiger though...

Old 12-09-2009, 11:21 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInVegas View Post
Wives are awfully insecure.

For a man, a "quickie" is no threat to his marriage. The bimbo was a nice toy of the moment, but in the vast majority of cases she is not going to cause the man to leave his wife and kids. It is what it is.

But let the wife find out and her first instinct is to end the marriage. Why? How does that make her life better? She could just as easily throw a raging fit and tell him if he ever does it again she's going to wait for him to fall asleep and ...! He stops fooling around and the family stays together - why isn't that a win win?
Yes, for a MAN, the quickie is no threat to his marriage. Especially if he doesn't get caught. If the couple has agreed to an open marriage, good for them. But if the wife is thinking she married a man who actually meant his marriage vows and finds out that he lied, it is a big deal. It's much more than the fact that he stuck the body part that he said he would only share with her into some strange, possibly diseased person. It means he is not the person he presented himself to be. That's a very big deal. Her life will be better (given the scenario that trying to work things out is for some reason not an option) because she is no longer being shamed and humiliated by the person who claimed to love her but really didn't.

And rarely do serial cheaters stop fooling around, c'mon.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
And you know he's having unprotected sex how?
At least two of his women have so stated that.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:30 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Trophy hunters. Groupies. They've been around forever in the sports and entertainment industry. I don't call it a fetish, I call it extreme low self-esteem and these women think that by sleeping with celebrities that makes them a celebrity by proxy. I've often thought that someone should teach classes for people who become celebrities overnight on how to handle their money, their groupies, their emotions, protect their privacy, etc.
A Troy hunter and gold digger is different. They are sleeping with celebrities with the intent of marrying them. However, there are many women who want to sleep with a celebrity because they are turned on by sleeping with a famous person. They are not interested in sleeping with them for money or power. They know they are not famous by proxy because no one else really knows they are sleeping with them. They are simply turned on by the idea of sleeping with a famous person.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
I've heard another term: Starf***ers.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:35 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
At least two of his women have so stated that.
And bimbos who sleeps around with married men are such reliable sources of information because....? Whether or not he used a condom isn't anyone's business except Tiger's wife who has good reason to worry about that aspect of the betrayal. Some people won't be happy until every sorted detail is aired in public. What gives with that?

Old 12-09-2009, 11:39 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,662,111 times
Quote:
And bimbos who sleeps around with married men are such reliable sources of information because....? Whether or not he used a condom isn't anyone's business except Tiger's wife who has good reason to worry about that aspect of the betrayal. Some people won't be happy until every sorted detail is aired in public. What gives with that?
I think people are just obsessed with private information. It must satisfy some need. Maybe their sex lives aren't very good, so they live vicariously through other people. That might make sense, because I have no interest in what people do behind closed doors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies