Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 07:31 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I've noticed many people on CD stating that they would like to see Row v. Wade overturned and abortion made illegal or at least strictly controlled. My question is, what do you think would happen in America if abortion was indeed made illegal? Wouldn't there be a great deal of fallout from such a decision? People always discuss how they feel abortion should be made illegal but nobody discusses what would ultimately result from it becoming illegal. What do you envision happening?
It will never happen so this is a moot point. If Roe versus Wade was overturned the states would take over...

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 07:49 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,715,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Lets see...suicides are up, child abuse is high, babies are left on doorsteps now or placed alive in dumpters.

Maybe people might take more responsibility.
But, even if the few people who do drive-thru abortions were finally stopped, the demand for abortion will never end. It has always existed and making it illegal is simply irresponsible to both women and society.

I truly understand the ethical dilemma of this issue, but using government to control our lives is simply not the answer. It would only create more problems.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:52 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,831,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I've noticed many people on CD stating that they would like to see Row v. Wade overturned and abortion made illegal or at least strictly controlled. My question is, what do you think would happen in America if abortion was indeed made illegal? Wouldn't there be a great deal of fallout from such a decision? People always discuss how they feel abortion should be made illegal but nobody discusses what would ultimately result from it becoming illegal. What do you envision happening?
Well lets see, first and foremost Millions of Babies will live instead of dying!!! Anything beyond that is really inconsequential don't you think?

Old 12-11-2009, 07:56 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,429,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Well lets see, first and foremost Millions of Babies will live instead of dying!!! Anything beyond that is really inconsequential don't you think?
Allowing women to have control over their own bodies is not inconsequential. It's a pretty big deal if you happen to be a woman.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:59 PM

199 posts, read 216,916 times
Increase suicide.
Increase infection and death from botched abortion.
More enslavement of women.
More poverty.
More single parents.
More difficulty for women attaining college education.
Increase population growth rate.
Increase crime rate 18 years down the road.

As despicable abortion is, it's a vital service, most developed countries with universal health care covers it, because it's good policy to have.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:05 PM

You know, I never knew anyone who died from an botched illegal abortion but I do know people who died from being pregnant or because of childbirth.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:07 PM

18,404 posts, read 19,042,623 times
all of the reasons stated by the pro choice posters in this thread is exactly what would happen. women would use coat hangers, back alley abortionists would be profit at the expense of women. suicide, neglected children, abandoned children, more welfare, more crime, more messed up lives. making abortion illegal would not stop people from having sex nor would it make them more responsible. abortion must remain legal, safe and the choice up to a women and her doctor

Old 12-11-2009, 08:08 PM

18,404 posts, read 19,042,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
You know, I never knew anyone who died from an botched illegal abortion but I do know people who died from being pregnant or because of childbirth.
I know someone who died from an illegal abortion, it happens and would at an alarming rate if abortion rights were overturned

Old 12-11-2009, 08:14 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,831,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Allowing women to have control over their own bodies is not inconsequential. It's a pretty big deal if you happen to be a woman.
sure but a distant second to killing another.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
sure but a distant second to killing another.
Ah, the old the-living-woman-doesn't-matter argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies