Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 01:26 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4

So build your electric cars and then have the president charge you up the wazoo for your green choice.

He won't let me turn on my dishwasher except when he says so but an entire nation will be plugging in their cars when they get home from work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 01:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
What are you so angry about? Your thread is a complete joke of misplaced vitriol. Perhaps you want to start a new one on coal prices and your conspiracy theory about President Obama?
You didn't listen to yeller's audio just above your post did you? Maybe you can see it where I posted the same thing later. Naw, that wouldn't be kosher would it?

Old 12-11-2009, 01:30 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,247,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What's a moonbat?
M o o n b a t <<<7 letters
L i b e r a l <<<<7 letters

Old 12-11-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

So build your electric cars and then have the president charge you up the wazoo for your green choice.

He won't let me turn on my dishwasher except when he says so but an entire nation will be plugging in their cars when they get home from work.
Finally someone comes up with the one that we were talking about. How can a lib prog deny what the man said there? His face, his voice, his words and he did say we would pay through the nose with Crap and Tax.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
My problem with the Moonbat-Enviro-Liberal

They don’t like CO2 so we build windmills. But windmills kill birds and bats. We build solar plants but solar plants kill gekos in the desert.

We build hydro electric but hydro electric kills fish.

They don’t like incandescent light bulbs but force us to use mercury filled CFLs.
You just can't do anything that makes them feel good, can we? Maybe the truth about this is that none of these things work so much better than coal and oil or we would have been using them long ago.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:44 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,194,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
You are hilariously wrong. It's really funny to see people so worked up and angry when they don't know what they're talking about.

We liberals understand where our electricity comes from. We also know that it's much easier to clean the waste stream of one coal plant than it is to clean the exhaust from 100,000 little gas power plants spread out over the countryside.

Further, the efficiency of the process of coal-electricity-car is much than oil-refining-gas-car.

Perhaps next time you think about jumping up and calling other people "stupid" you'll think twice.
Have you ever lived or visited coal country? If so, I'm sure you know the harm that does to the environment. It's not so easy to replace a mountain that's been removed, nor so easy to repair the streams, rivers, or water table or lungs of the miner. The price of coal is much, much more than the emissions from the coal plant's stack.
Cleaning the exhaust of the 100,000 little gas power plants has proven to be do-able, and relatively inexpensive as has been proven over the last 30+ years with pollution controls mandated on vehicles. Perhaps you're too young to remember what the air of cities looked like in the 1950s and 1960s. The technology of vehicle pollution control has improved dramatically over the years and there's no reason to believe that it will not continue to improve.

I have also never heard not one rational response to the legitimate concern of the environmental impact of dead electric car batteries. No one can say what to do with them. Many of the same people wanting for us all to go electric are also complaining about the overtaxing of our landfills and the environmental impact they already are making without adding more toxic items to the mix. If anyone can give me a rational response without name calling, insulting or condescending, I'd love to hear it.

Personally, I'd love to see a cleaner environment and a cleaner mode of transportation. But, I don't think there is a single magic bullet but that it will take multiple approaches. To me, to hamstring our single largest and available sources of energy until these as yet undeveloped technologies appear seems shortsighted and wasteful.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:48 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,304,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Audio: Obama Tells SF Chronicle He Will Bankrupt Coal Industry | NewsBusters.org

Can you recognize the voice of Saint Barack on this audio? If not read the transcript and see what his words were. Of course, he didn't say those words in Pa, Va, WVA or other coal producing states. He delivered that bit to a paper from San Francisco. You know Nasty Nancy territory?

Yes, Barack Obama did say those words. One of the advantages of watching Beck is getting to hear things like that often. You should try that to stay informed of these things.
Not one word about rates in any of that.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:50 PM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
M o o n b a t <<<7 letters
L i b e r a l <<<<7 letters
Ronald Wilson Reagan. Start counting.

See how dumb that little game is?

Old 12-11-2009, 01:58 PM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

He won't let me turn on my dishwasher except when he says so but an entire nation will be plugging in their cars when they get home from work.[/quote]

Please cite to supprt the bold portion.

I agree with this aspect of his plan. It should be more expensive to be dirty and looking backwards than it is (or will be) to be clean and looking towards the future. There should be incentives to clean up and disincentives for not doing so.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:00 PM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyeller View Post
He's got the EPA ready to fire on the whole country if this copenhagen crap falls through.

I just read an article about this huge windfarm they are building up in Oregon to shoot power to California. Hundreds of miles of roads to be built and GE got like 3 billion to make all the turbines etc. Now how much greenhouse gases will be spewed just to build the thing and when will the break even point be of equaling the same electricity an evil coal plant would put out and the greenhouse gas involved? Those are the questions nobody ever asks especially idiot lefties. They are just told what is "green" and what isn't and off they storm howling at the moon.
At least there is a break even point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies