Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 06:19 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,875,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
This could be one of the most ridiculous threads, ever.
Nooo , could be? It IS... We reached a new low. And I always tell myself " No, they won't do it. That would be to low for this forum". And then I read threads like this. You can always go lower, it seems
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 06:30 PM

418 posts, read 1,091,476 times
What a question, of course an American Hero can be buried in Arlington.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:09 PM

6,104 posts, read 6,001,287 times
The only issue about burial at Arlington is space because it is now surrounded by a city on the VA side of the DC area and so many are buried there. I find Arlington and visits there to be very moving, the view fron the Unknowns looking down into the heart of DC is one of DCs best. To think that the reason it is there is that a grieving General (Meigs) decided to make it impossible for Robert E Lee to return to his estate overlooking the Potomac in Arlington VA. Meigs ordered Civil War dead including his son to be buried in Lee's front yard.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:39 PM

30,120 posts, read 18,727,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
A US muslim soldier is killed in combat by diving on top of a grenade that would have taken his mates out as well.
He is awarded the MoH.
Now should he be buried in Arlington, or should that be refused because of his religion ?
Should Arlington be kept for god fearing Christians ?

What the hell? Are you being confrontational. A US soldier is a US soldier regardless of religion, race, or ethnicity and should be held in the highest regard. Again, I presume that your intention is one of baiting, as the suggestion is absurd.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:42 PM

844 posts, read 1,282,161 times
The very question is a slap in the face to any muslim person who not only fought for our nation, but died for it.

Disgusting that any 'american' would oppose that.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:58 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,798,754 times
Quote:
A US muslim soldier is killed in combat by diving on top of a grenade that would have taken his mates out as well.
He is awarded the MoH.
Now should he be buried in Arlington, or should that be refused because of his religion ?
Where did you get the idea that it was only for Christians?? My father is buried there and it is open to any soldier regardless of their religion. I assume a Muslim could be buried there as well although I do not know if they have east facing graves which are required for Muslims. I never noted the direction of the graves.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:59 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,798,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
The only issue about burial at Arlington is space because it is now surrounded by a city on the VA side of the DC area and so many are buried there. I find Arlington and visits there to be very moving, the view fron the Unknowns looking down into the heart of DC is one of DCs best. To think that the reason it is there is that a grieving General (Meigs) decided to make it impossible for Robert E Lee to return to his estate overlooking the Potomac in Arlington VA. Meigs ordered Civil War dead including his son to be buried in Lee's front yard.
When it fills up, they will open another one somewhere else hopefully. The first choice I had for my father was the cemetery in Georgia but it is full which is why we then chose Arlington.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:00 PM

643 posts, read 1,395,462 times
Quote:
He is awarded the MoH.
Wow what a trollish thread. I know your just trying to stir the pot. Of course he should be buried at Arlington. The young man died in an act of patriotic heroism. Furthermore I am all for him having an Islamic funeral ceremony as well in this case.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:14 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,724,609 times
I'm not sure the OP was saying he shouldn't be able to be buried. He could be taking a dig at Christians by calling them "god fearing".

Both not capitalizing "God" and implying that there's anything to fear about her leads me to believe we've misinterpreted the OP's intentions.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:36 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,011,457 times
Of course, if his family approves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies