Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 04:26 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
This should be good!

What exactly are we supposed to stand aside and learn? ....more nonsense...

Yeah, we'll step aside and learn, but I'm afraid the learning experience isnt going to have a positive outcome for you liberals..
Well, that's to be determined isn't it? A positive outcome is what we all want I presume. The outcome is for the betterment of the country, not just for "liberals." Republicans are looking like mopes right now, in deep denial after the Bush years. Thank God, we have a man like Barack Obama as our leader now.

President Obama is an intelligent man, one who listens to the opposition, even encourages opposing points of view as he contemplates solutions to the problems that plague this nation. We are very fortunate whether you care to recognize that or not.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 12-12-2009 at 04:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 04:36 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,551,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
One has to ask, what in the world are we getting for all this money??

FOXNews.com - Senate Dems Defeat GOP Attempt to Filibuster $1.1T Spending Bill

ARE TRYING TO PURPOSELY DESTROY THIS COUNTRY??????

This is insane!!!!

Old 12-12-2009, 04:43 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
8 years of wrecking our country is just very expensive to fix.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzz

Old 12-12-2009, 04:43 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
What specifically do you like about the bill, and how do you think it will help revive the economy?
I suggest you seek the answers to these questions elsewhere from people whose opinions you respect.

Easier for me to comment on the results such as those derived from 8 years of Bush.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Well, that's to be determined isn't it? A positive outcome is what we all want I presume. The outcome is for the betterment of the country, not just for "liberals." Republicans are looking like mopes right now, in deep denial after the Bush years. Thank God, we have a man like Barack Obama as our leader now.

President Obama is an intelligent man, one who listens to the opposition, even encourages opposing points of view as he contemplates solutions to the problems that plague this nation. We are very fortunate whether you care to recognize that or not.

BARFFFFFFFFf

Old 12-12-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
One has to ask, what in the world are we getting for all this money??

FOXNews.com - Senate Dems Defeat GOP Attempt to Filibuster $1.1T Spending Bill

3 repubs voted to end debate and almost all of them had pork
this is not all democrats
all of congress needs to be tossed to the curb

Old 12-12-2009, 04:48 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
I suggest you seek the answers to these questions elsewhere from people whose opinions you respect.

Easier for me to comment on the results such as those derived from 8 years of Bush.
Translation: You dont have a clue, but didnt mind tellign others to do so...
Quote:
Not surprising that the very limited Republicans are trying to pretend that 8 years of Bush/Republican control didn't dgg this country into a deep hole. A DEEP HOLE!

Bush given a SURPLUS and turned it into a RECORD DEFICIT. Obama given a RECORD DEFICIT! Get a clue.

President Obama doing what needs to be done to get this country back on track. So stand aside and learn.
While at the same time bringing up Bush non stop, as if Bush has ANYTHING to do with budgets, either in the past, or current times.

I dont think you should be telling others to get a clue when your only response is your admission that you dont have a clue either..

Old 12-12-2009, 04:49 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Right, I havent been saying this since day 1
No, the other day you went to great lengths trying to convince me that it was 100% Dems fault.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:53 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Do you really think that individuals in my income range should pay zero taxes? Really?
Impossible to answer since I don't know your income levels.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, the other day you went to great lengths trying to convince me that it was 100% Dems fault.
Whoever is running Congress is to blame, currently its Democrats and has been for years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Impossible to answer since I don't know your income levels.
I dont think ANYONE should pay ZERO taxes, regardless of their income levels, (unless of course they earn zero), but I can assure you that I should not be paying zero. I go through great lengths to minimize and exempt myself legally from federal taxes.

Comparison, I havent paid a dime in federal taxes for the last 7 years. I'm not so lucky on a state and local level where there arent special exemptions and tax writeoffs available..

I dont object to pay my "fair share" of taxes, but when the government makes avoiding them legal, and easily, I'm not going to volunteer to pay more than needed..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies