Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2010, 04:37 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,896,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
In most larger cities, whites are actually moving back (costly gas prices and suburban home fallout).

Unless you work in some rural area or you are already rich enough to afford it, your average american can no longer afford commuting prices. Plus, cities are finally wising up and providing mixed zoning ala 1920s-1940s to make them 'communities' again, rather than 'business districts'.

Ive seen this in Minneapolis, Seattle, Chicago, The Bay Area, Dallas, and Atlanta.

Atlanta what a beautiful city ! I sure do miss it . It got too dangerous in past 40 years . Glad to know it's safe to visit again .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 04:49 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
You can put it in 5000 words if you want but black neighborhoods have more crime than any other . Whites ,Asian , Jew ,whatever .

I would rather live in a low crime area, wouldn't you ?
I think it depends on the area and more importantly the income level of the people. I lived in a Mexican neighborhood in NM that was extremely rough and I lived in a black neighborhood in FL where the only crime was committed by kids. Nothing is absolute

As far as white flight I've noticed the opposite. I used to live in Gifford, FL and at one time it was all black, lower to middle class people. Over the years, it started to worse. Buildings sat vacant. Storms destroyed houses and people just left them. City started to look a mess. In the last 5 years or so I've noticed developments popping up and there mostly lived in by white people. From what I've heard the houses are cheaper there than in Vero Beach or Sebastian (surrounding cities) and you get more house for your money.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:26 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,225,500 times
Damn, looking at the posts in this threat, maybe racial separation aint such a bad idea. Integration is okay in schools, church, and group activities, but maybe it's better off that residential areas remain primarily one race. Total integration may sound good in theory but posts in this threat prove that it would be an absolute disaster.

Last edited by pandorafan5687; 07-11-2010 at 08:47 PM..

Old 07-11-2010, 09:19 PM

448 posts, read 534,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Damn, looking at the posts in this threat, maybe racial separation aint such a bad idea. Integration is okay in schools, church, and group activities, but maybe it's better off that residential areas remain primarily one race. Total integration may sound good in theory but posts in this threat prove that it would be an absolute disaster.
...Oh yea you're probably right; you know what maybe since we should separate in residential areas we mine as well just make different places for whites, blacks, hispanics, all around. Like different public bathrooms and resturants....

Old 07-12-2010, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLRGHOST View Post
I would rather live in my nice white area and be left alone. Eventually we will have to fight and take this country back from the evil that have taken over it.You can move as much as you want it won't do much good they are like a plague they will keep following you until you either fight or die. When I moved where I am now 3 years ago it was mostly white with some Mexicans. Now I have seen a lot of mixed whatever you want to call them moving this way and in a real short period of time.
Isnt karma a *****? Sounds exactly like what your ancestors did. Besides, we are not trying to take anything from anybody, we are just trying to give our families a good life like you. If we are causing trouble and we work to get there, then why is it bothering you so much?

Old 07-12-2010, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelution View Post
...Oh yea you're probably right; you know what maybe since we should separate in residential areas we mine as well just make different places for whites, blacks, hispanics, all around. Like different public bathrooms and resturants....

Whoa, easy there! That would be segregation, which is seperation required by law. So now, not that, but what I am saying is that not every ethnic group gets along and ultimately you cannot force them to. Which is why IMO at the most a neighborhood should have two primary ethnic groups, sure a few others may live in an area, but at the most primarily two ethnic groups. But I will say some of the posts I've read on this thread, are very biased. But it's not "not being politically correct" (I think that's thrown around too loosely, really it's nothing more than a free pass to be ugly). It just proves that well some groups just were not mean to live together, and that some people are just bitter, hateful people. Sad thing is that it's the south that gets the worst rep when some of the most biased ppl live in other parts of the country. The south for the most part has good race relations, you will know who is racist b/c those who are are very blatant about it. There are some parts that I would avoid though.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:55 AM

448 posts, read 534,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Whoa, easy there! That would be segregation, which is seperation required by law. So now, not that, but what I am saying is that not every ethnic group gets along and ultimately you cannot force them to. Which is why IMO at the most a neighborhood should have two primary ethnic groups, sure a few others may live in an area, but at the most primarily two ethnic groups. But I will say some of the posts I've read on this thread, are very biased. But it's not "not being politically correct" (I think that's thrown around too loosely, really it's nothing more than a free pass to be ugly). It just proves that well some groups just were not mean to live together, and that some people are just bitter, hateful people. Sad thing is that it's the south that gets the worst rep when some of the most biased ppl live in other parts of the country. The south for the most part has good race relations, you will know who is racist b/c those who are are very blatant about it. There are some parts that I would avoid though.
Fair enough.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:35 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,412,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
With all the interracial breeding that's been going on forever, I don't think anyone is "pure white" or "pure anything" for that matter. Half of all Americans have some Native American blood in them. At least 20 to 30% of all white Americans have some black slave blood in them. Most black Americans have Native American or white in them. Argentina which was always considered one of the "whitest" countries in the Western Hemisphere has recently found out that 80% of the population has some Native American in them. Pretty much the same with Chile. Italians were conquered by the Moors, Germans were invaded by the Asians at one point, need I go on?

Race is a social invention. We invented the idea of race ourselves.
yea but most whites dont know they have black blood in them right?(in america)

Old 07-12-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Those who could afford to leave did so. They were white and black. You think it was a racial issue because there were more whites than blacks who could afford to leave.

These people did not leave because of blacks. These people left because of the behavior of the miniorities moving in. Violence increased. Drug activity increased. Property damage increased. That is why those who could afford to leave did so. It was a safety and quality of life issue. Few have any problems with our fellow citizens who happen to be black. They do have a problem with certain kinds of behavior no matter what the race is of those exhibiting the behavior.

- Reel
cities had crime issues before minorities moved in , does irish , italin and jewish mafias/gangs ring a bell?

at one point other whites didn't even consider Italians and Irish to be white neither.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
I am saying that Obama is black and white, he is not just black, just like he is not just white, He is both and should be recognized as both. That is all I was pointing out. Nothing about if blacks can make it or not.
if obama was robbing a store people would call him fully black in a hurry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies