Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2010, 12:54 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,412,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I wish I was just crazy, then I wouldn't be bothered by my own words. Everytime I post on this forum anything about genetics or race, I feel like a Nazi. I despise it, because I have always prided myself in being very tolerant of other people.

The truth is, there are some major problems associated with having such a divided country. Diversity has brought us absolutely no benefits. In fact, I could name a million things that diversity has done that have been for the worse.

Stalking the Wild Taboo - Jared Taylor - The Myth of Diversity

White flight is all about safety, sure. But white flight has been most pronounced during the era of desegregation, which is the period of time that saw the most crime in history.

Even middle-class areas are heavily seggregated. There is a reason there are Chinatowns, Koreatowns, Japantowns, the areas of town with practically no one but Hispancis, the areas of town which are practically all black. The cities that are almost all black, or the cities that are almost all white.

People WANT to be around people like themselves. It would be nice if it was just because of income, but its just not. If it was only because of income, you would see a lot more mexicans and blacks living closely together, which isn't the case.

Whites do want to live in the city, they just don't want to live by minorities, and while it is partly crime related, it amounts to more than just that. There are large cities with very old and small homes that are very sought after. Look at places like San Francisco and New York city. There are plenty of people who want to live in the cities despite the size of the housing, they just don't want to live by minorities. And the only reason why Manhattan is such a great place to live despite its many many small houses, is because there are very few minorities.

And while poor white people may have slightly higher crime than a rich white person, there are more whites in poverty in this country than all other ethnic groups combined. Yet, blacks commit more murders every year than every other ethnic group combined. And whites outnumber blacks 6 to 1.

NAME ONE GOOD THING THAT EVER CAME OUT OF DIVERSITY AND I'LL SHUT MY MOUTH FOREVER.

Can someone tell me what good comes out of diversity? - Yahoo! Answers
dont know what this guys talking about diversity has been good to me.

my area is also very diverse one of the safest spots here in brooklyn, ny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
What you don't understand about Manhattan is, HARLEM is considered part of Manhattan. All the way up into Washington Heights. Here I want you to look at a map of New York city, I can't exactly find a neighborhood demographics map, but this shows murder rates.

New York City Homicides Map - The New York Times

Do you see the staggering amount of murders in the Bronx, central Brooklyn, and the Harlem areas?

Now look at race/ethnicity of victim. There are blue, orange, green, and purple dots.

Generally speaking, you can tell where a group of people live by the concentration of dots of a color. Look at the area of Bed-stuy. There are almost zero green and no purple dots at all. Where there are a lot of purple dots is a heavily Asian area. Like the Chinatown area in south Manhattan.

Look at the green dots, most are in Midtown Mahattan or the upper east side, and over into Hell's kitchen. Then across the bridges into downtown Brooklyn/cobble hill, and into Queens around Astoria. And in far south Brooklyn.

One of the more startling things is if you look at where the most green dots are(around the midtown area of manhattan), then flip back and forth from victim to perpetrator. A great many of those white deaths are caused by minorities, and it doesn't work the other way around.

If you are not sickened by this, then I don't what else I can say to you.

I could really care less about changes in music, rock n roll didn't make the country a more moral, family oriented, and responsible place. Blacks also made rap music, and the consequences of it are staggering.

We would still be listening to music without the influences of other people, we would still love music, we just would be listening to different music.
the consequences of rap is because of media , it doesnt even take a retard to know that rap was a positive genre up until mtv and bet took it over.

im sure you heard of rappers like run dmc , afrika bambatta right?

and even today rappers such as lupe , common , kanye , and consequence?

Old 07-12-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Ok, I should have specified that I was omitting harlem from Manhattan. Because its an absolute craphole. Does that make you happy?
crap hole? um their is way worst i am glad harlem the biggest known black community isnt the biggest crap hole as it was 20 years ago.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
I know very little about the Inland empire, but from what I hear the real estate market in the Inland Empire was one of the hardest hit areas in the entire country. I could probably find some information out about it. But I would be EXTREMELY surprised if it didn't display population characteristics similar to every other major city in the country.

Lets do a quick study

City Crime Rankings by Population Group

Of all the cities in California on the safest cities list. There is Mission Viejo, Lake Forest, Thousand Oaks, Sunnyvale, Simi Valley, and Irvine California.

Mission Viejo = 76% white, 1.1% black
Lake Forest = 66.7% white, 1.8% black
Thousand Oaks = 77.7% white, 1.1% black
Sunnyvale = 46.5% white, 2.2% black
Simi Valley = 72.7% white, 1.3% black
Irvine = 57% white, 1.4% black

Most of these cities actually have a huge Asian population. Irvine is almost 30% Asian.
ok so that would make those cities a bit diverse instead of pure white?

Old 07-12-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
When white people move into a minority area it's negatively referred to "gentrification." See, in this backwards world, when white people move in and turn a crappy dangerous neighborhood into a nice livable place it's a bad thing! And when minorities move into white neighborhoods and ghettoize it, turning them into drug gang dumps, that's a good thing because now the nice safe white town is "diversified"!

White people are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Therefore, everybody can f--k off and leave white people alone.
this person is clearly stupid.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
I don't think so buddy, I've seen loads of good kids have their life ruined because they went to black majority schools where they starting act like their classmates. My ex girlfriends brother was a good kid until he went to a black majority high school, and to fit in (which is natural for a kid) he got into the rap music and started hanging with them, he's now doing over a decade in prison for robbing and shooting at someone. If I don't want to get in a cage with a lion does that make me anti mammal? No, just means I don't want to get in a cage with an animal who can easily kill me.
did it occur that your ex girlfriends brother is stupid. so you blame black kids for his crime? wow

Old 07-12-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
Maybe, I have a good understanding of the public schools in this city, so I'm not speaking out of ignorance. If there are good blacks kids being unfairly categorized I apologize to them, but the importance of this situation is far greater than their feelings. I've seen way too many kids turn into something they weren't before going to these schools. This unconditional love buddy, it is doing what you believe is right despite its popularity.
my high school was about 80 percent black , and had a graduation rate of about 90 percent in 2008 when i graduated. and also it was said that it might be able to be one of the best schools in nyc,

so with that being said i guess you wouldnt have a problem with your children going to that school you?

Old 07-12-2010, 05:37 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,225,500 times
When white people move into a minority area it's negatively referred to "gentrification." See, in this backwards world, when white people move in and turn a crappy dangerous neighborhood into a nice livable place it's a bad thing! And when minorities move into white neighborhoods and ghettoize it, turning them into drug gang dumps, that's a good thing because now the nice safe white town is "diversified"!

No, not quite. There is a difference between making a place livable and sucking the life out of it. Revitalizing an old urban area, making it a more mixed income place is quite different from making a place only for wealthy(which is what usually happens forcing generations of families to move out). Making a town more crime ridden doesn't make it more diversified. Poor areas, regardless of race generally have high crime rates.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:16 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Could you please be so kind as to give me a present, modern-day example where these restrictive covenants banning minorities are located?
Just curious.
I know, the OP seems extremely outdated, and does not reflect current times.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:00 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I know, the OP seems extremely outdated, and does not reflect current times.
1) I think you missed the next post that I made after that in response: //www.city-data.com/forum/12005417-post12.html

2) I didn't actually make this thread. I inherited this thread from the New Jersey forum. Someone else made this thread in the New Jersey forum and my last post on it happen to be the cutoff. For that reason, I ended up inheriting in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies