Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 04:08 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Well I'll just see if I can Loose it for you!

You left out another one of these , .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 04:28 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVOBAMA View Post
She should be doing some jail time. I would be if it was my child. That is going to stay with that child. The teacher needs to know what she did was very serious.
Jail time?
Overreact much?

Old 12-21-2009, 07:26 AM

57 posts, read 115,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Jail time?
Overreact much?

That's assault. I've heard young kids going to jail for lesser things. A night in jail and probation would not be too much.

If the Mom had come into the school and cut the teacher's hair off because she was p**t off, they would call the police on her. What's the difference?

Old 12-21-2009, 07:51 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,752,843 times
The teacher is an Ass for sure. Same thing happened to my daughter in first grade when her idiot of a teacher cut her bangs off. The same woman spelled success on the blackboard the opening night "suces." So I simply pulled my daughter and put her into a better school. I liked the open district at the time and think it should be the norm, instead of trapping parents with bad teachers/schools. To bring charges for something like this is overreaching and I think that is part of what is wrong with our country. We expect a governement intervention over cold coffee.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:37 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Default Teacher cuts a child's braid off

There's no excuse for this kind of behavior by an adult authority figure. The unfortunate truth is that it's likely to occur again and again, though.

The public wants Cadillac performance from people who are paid Yugo wages. Get real, people.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:44 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
There's no excuse for this kind of behavior by an adult authority figure. The unfortunate truth is that it's likely to occur again and again, though.

The public wants Cadillac performance from people who are paid Yugo wages. Get real, people.
It does not take "Cadillac wages to refrain from assaulting a child. It just takes an adult with common decency and self control.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:39 AM

124 posts, read 270,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

Then don't go into the field. No one is made to become a teacher. I don't ask for cadillac peformance. I ask that you do your job. With all the resources available today, a person going into the education field knows exactly what he/she is getting herself into.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:45 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnuro View Post
Then don't go into the field. No one is made to become a teacher. I don't ask for cadillac peformance. I ask that you do your job. With all the resources available today, a person going into the education field knows exactly what he/she is getting herself into.
A person going into education has no idea what they're getting into.
I taught decades ago and had no idea; I chose not to make it a career.
Teachers are pushed/pulled by all factions: administration, parents, students; the parents are probably worst of all.

What this teacher did was absolutely wrong, however, people here want to throw her in jail, etc.

What's the difference between her over-reaction and yours?

BTW, your teacher tried to impart spelling and grammar to you. I can see the frustration.

Not much.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:14 PM

124 posts, read 270,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
A person going into education has no idea what they're getting into.
I taught decades ago and had no idea; I chose not to make it a career.
Teachers are pushed/pulled by all factions: administration, parents, students; the parents are probably worst of all.

What this teacher did was absolutely wrong, however, people here want to throw her in jail, etc.

What's the difference between her over-reaction and yours?

BTW, your teacher tried to impart spelling and grammar to you. I can see the frustration.

Not much.

I'm glad you got out!

Do research before you make a decision.

I didn't overreact or harm a child.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:29 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,687,719 times
I agree that my parents would be mad. I do however have to admit that my parents would be asking why my actions caused this teacher to become so frustrated.

I wouldn't have been able to sit down after they found out that I disobeyed the instruction of a teacher and disrupted class.

Seems to me, this girls mama is more interested in holding the teacher and district in contempt of the teachers action while giving a pass to her daughter. Seems to me, this mom has done a pretty poor job of making her daughter understand authority in the classroom and obeying what the teacher says. For that, this mom should feel disgraced. Sad she doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies