Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 02:44 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
it was not a group of protestors. It was some young adults who went out to have some fun.

The snowball fighters, mostly in their 20s and 30s, organized the "fight" at 14th and U street as a break from a huge snowstorm that had paralyzed the city this weekend.

The Post says 25-year-old Yousef Ali, a media and technology geek, spent 11 hours using Twitter and other social media to spread the word.
Throwing snowballs was how the Boston Massacre started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 02:47 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
His vehicle is hit by a snowball and he pulls out his gun?! Overreact much? That guy should have his badge pulled asap. Clearly he doesn't have the good judgment needed for his position.
Yeah, some of those cops are trigger happy aren't they.
We had a park ranger shoot a guy in the back here in New Mexioc for not paying his camping fees.

New Mexico park ranger gets five years probation in shooting death : Local : Albuquerque Tribune

Old 12-21-2009, 02:47 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I don't think race-baiting like this has any place in a civilized discussion.
I don't know. All I did was post a picture of the perp in a thread awhile back and I got called a racist. This guy posts a video and gets a pass?

Also, I think it's important that people be aware of who is perpetrating crime in this country whether it's men, women, teens, old people, blacks, whites, hispanics or asians. I think this is an important part of any story. Others disagree but I don't think that makes me a race baiter.

- Reel

Old 12-21-2009, 02:49 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
I don't know. All I did was post a picture of the perp in a thread awhile back and I got called a racist. This guy posts a video and gets a pass?

Also, I think it's important that people be aware of who is perpetrating crime in this country whether it's men, women, teens, old people, blacks, whites, hispanics or asians. I think this is an important part of any story. Others disagree but I don't think that makes me a race baiter.

- Reel
I think they are all humans. Some with mental deficiencies but humans none the less.

Old 12-21-2009, 02:52 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,942 times
Quote:
I think they are all humans. Some with mental deficiencies but humans none the less.
You have a firm grasp on the obvious.

- Reel

Old 12-21-2009, 02:57 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Yeah, some of those cops are trigger happy aren't they.
We had a park ranger shoot a guy in the back here in New Mexioc for not paying his camping fees.

New Mexico park ranger gets five years probation in shooting death : Local : Albuquerque Tribune
Yes, they are. A cop rang the doorbell of a frat house at my daughter's college, and had his gun drawn when the door was answered. I freaked. Thoughts of Kent State went through my head.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:50 PM

353 posts, read 552,409 times
Quote:
come on- why is this going to be about Race now?
I could not care what color the officer was it was dead wrong for him to pull his weapon.
Up until I saw the video posted here I thought the huppla was about the white cop. I saw the video on 4 different stations and not one of them showed the black cop and the Hummer.
This shouldn't have anything to do with his race. I could care less about that.
The fact the guy drives a Hummer shows he has "penus compensation" issues and pulling the gun further enforces that.
The race issue for me is why would the MSM go so far out of their way to mislead people into thinking it was a white cop that pulled his gun for no reason instead of the black cop?. THAT smacks of racism to me.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, they are. A cop rang the doorbell of a frat house at my daughter's college, and had his gun drawn when the door was answered. I freaked. Thoughts of Kent State went through my head.
Well, I've lived in Chicago and traveled through the most intimate places in the Chicago and Milwaukee areas. My vehicle has been pummeled by snowballs, bricks and rocks. Just keep driving. do not get out and confront someone. This was this detective's big mistake. he should have just kept driving. The part I don't understand? why the gun draw? I've never heard of anyone being killed or seriously injured by a snowball. Would really have been a story if he'd fired on someone.

Your story? why did the cop that responded to the frat party pull a gun? Did anyone ask the cop why? God knows those college kids are soooo dangerous.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:03 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Well, I've lived in Chicago and traveled through the most intimate places in the Chicago and Milwaukee areas. My vehicle has been pummeled by snowballs, bricks and rocks. Just keep driving. do not get out and confront someone. This was this detective's big mistake. he should have just kept driving. The part I don't understand? why the gun draw? I've never heard of anyone being killed or seriously injured by a snowball. Would really have been a story if he'd fired on someone.

Your story? why did the cop that responded to the frat party pull a gun? Did anyone ask the cop why? God knows those college kids are soooo dangerous.
I don't think anyone will ever know why the cop had his gun drawn when the door was answered. He (cop) saw a beer bong in the window and thought it was a marijuana pipe. I never heard of anone getting killed with a marijuana pipe either, unless someone threw it at them, but this bong was sitting on the windowsill, minding its own business. This incident took place in the Chicago area. I flipped b/c at Kent State, it only took one person to start firing and the next thing you knew, four people were dead.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I don't think anyone will ever know why the cop had his gun drawn when the door was answered. He (cop) saw a beer bong in the window and thought it was a marijuana pipe. I never heard of anone getting killed with a marijuana pipe either, unless someone threw it at them, but this bong was sitting on the windowsill, minding its own business. This incident took place in the Chicago area. I flipped b/c at Kent State, it only took one person to start firing and the next thing you knew, four people were dead.
I recall Kent State very vividly. I also recall watching television and waiting for my draft lottery number to be called for vietnam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies