Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 12:11 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,535,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Huh? Your presumption is that the media never serves as a cheerleader for a particular party or does not have any agendas of their own.

You can spin anything anyway you like.

And the Big Media is in Big Government hands.
Oh please. Remember the Walter Reed scandal? Keep your delusions to yourself. Most of us live in the real world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 02:18 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman
Obama was determined not to make the same mistakes with health care that Clinton made thus the hands off approach and letting the senate and house hammer things out. The fat lady hasn't sung yet on the final outcome of doing it that way. But what we have learned along the way is that many of our congressmen and women are showing themselves to be irresponsible, petty, pandering partisan obstructionists who care more about their 15 minutes of fame in a video clip than about doing the jobs they were sent there to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Did you really think they were actually going to do it differently... history has maintained that Congress is the most corrupt, abusive, untrustworthy group of people to ever land in America... knowing that, why would you ever think so positively of them? With most things in life, I hope for the best and prepare worst... With Congress, I already KNOW its going to be bad and then I whine about it... its not like I am doing nothing to change it... I try to push for people who I think will not be so corrupt... at last, the people that aren't corrupt are also the ones that don't win.. the irony...
The "different this time" I was referring to is the method in which Bill Clinton appointed Hillary to chair the Task Force on National Health Care Reform and that task force formed the Clinton health care plan which was then sent to the house and senate. That method obviously didn't work so Obama wanted to give the house and senate free rein this time which they didn't have last time.

And I'm old enough to remember when the house and senate could put their partisan bickering aside for 3 1/2 years in between elections. So I do still hope that we could return to those days again.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:49 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,928,226 times
Quote:
The beginning of our downfall was when we gave Big Business the power to make our laws and pay less taxes than the average American citizen... when citizens can hide money in "business" entities was the day the American citizen lost its country...
the beginning of our downfall was the creation of the federal reserve and allowing an international banking cartel to control our money. they are responsible for all our bubbles and the meltdown, and they are still operating with impunity, blessed by the administration.

remember the history of the meltdown?:

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2009
How The World Almost Came To An End At 2PM On September 18
Posted by Tyler Durden at 12:56 PM

LiveLeak has caught a scary moment of previously undisclosed insight by Paul Kanjorski where he reveals some facts that have not been captured by the media previously. At 2 minutes and 20 seconds in the video below, Democratic Representative Kanjorski explains how the Federal Reserve told Congress members about a "tremendous draw-down of money market accounts in the United States, to the tune of $550 billion dollars." According to Kanjorski, this electronic transfer occurred over the period of an hour or two. And it gets worse. Kanjorski paraphrases the following disclosure by Bernanke and Paulson:

On Thursday (Sept 18), at 11am the Federal Reserve noticed a tremendous draw-down of money market accounts in the U.S., to the tune of $550 billion was being drawn out in the matter of an hour or two. The Treasury opened up its window to help and pumped a $105 billion in the system and quickly realized that they could not stem the tide. We were having an electronic run on the banks. They decided to close the operation, close down the money accounts and announce a guarantee of $250,000 per account so there wouldn't be further panic out there.

If they had not done that, their estimation is that by 2pm that afternoon, $5.5 trillion would have been drawn out of the money market system of the U.S., would have collapsed the entire economy of the U.S., and within 24 hours the world economy would have collapsed. It would have been the end of our economic system and our political system as we know it.

that is the federal reserve statement that brought this country to its knees.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:08 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,889,382 times
We are definitely heading for a downfall, but Obama is not the beginning of it, not by a long shot.

Years of degeneracy, brainwashing, and a loss of values across BOTH political parties led us to a place where someone with his idealogies could get elected in the first place. It's not like everything was great and then Obama came along. McCain and Palin were no great shakes either.

I worry about our country.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:38 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,422,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxCRUSADERxx View Post
Could Obama Be the Beginning of our downfall? I ask this because of our steady decline as a world power. Now we have health care reform that has literally being "Shoved Down Our Throats" Let's face it the only reason why it passed is because the "hold outs" were literally "Bought" into voting for this monstrousity! Furthermore, I voted for Obama because of his fony promises of "change" instead unemployment is higher than ever, illegal imagrants keep stealing what little jobs are left, we keep spending money on a futile pointless war (That I myself served in), Government health care is proven not to work (ie. England, Canada) and WILL increase the deficite by 2.5 trillion dollars!! If this continues we as a nation are doomed! Oh, god and the republicans want sarah palin for president in 2012 imagine a cheer leader as president the world really is gonna end that year!! Honestly 70% of people who voted for Obama did it because he's black there I said it the cold hard truth.
He and the people pulling his puppet strings are the beginning of our downfall as a world power.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:55 PM

5,478 posts, read 12,255,042 times
Quote:
Personally, I think Obama is the LEAST of our problems, he is merely a paper signer.. he has hardly given ANY direction to Congress and letting them make most of the policies and he merely "signs off" on them... The problem is with Congress, the source of the poison.... especially with all these "special deals", it exposes where the true problem comes from
I agree with this.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:59 PM

367 posts, read 1,024,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Yeah, Palin. Hah.

I believe Bush did greater harm than any other president we've ever had.
Perhaps. Perhaps not. but one thing is for sure. there are those in office presently who are trying to top that!

Old 12-23-2009, 07:18 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,550,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Yeah, Palin. Hah.

I believe Bush did greater harm than any other president we've ever had.

I'll back you up on this one cheilgirl. I'm not your typical lefty Bush hater. I'm an Army veteran of Desert Storm, but there is something about that man's peculiar combination of arrogance and ignorance that sets me off. There are good reasons why Dubya is so loathed. To hell with 'em.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:41 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,470,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxCRUSADERxx View Post
Could Obama Be the Beginning of our downfall? I ask this because of our steady decline as a world power. Now we have health care reform that has literally being "Shoved Down Our Throats" Let's face it the only reason why it passed is because the "hold outs" were literally "Bought" into voting for this monstrousity! Furthermore, I voted for Obama because of his fony promises of "change" instead unemployment is higher than ever, illegal imagrants keep stealing what little jobs are left, we keep spending money on a futile pointless war (That I myself served in), Government health care is proven not to work (ie. England, Canada) and WILL increase the deficite by 2.5 trillion dollars!! If this continues we as a nation are doomed! Oh, god and the republicans want sarah palin for president in 2012 imagine a cheer leader as president the world really is gonna end that year!! Honestly 70% of people who voted for Obama did it because he's black there I said it the cold hard truth.

Not really the beginning. It is closer to the End. Things have been getting worse and worse ever since Reagan left office but not bad enough for our country to have woken up; realized what was going on and to have insisted on any real change.

It is just now, with 10% reported but probably more like 20% unemployment and failed housing/mortgage programs and bills passed at mignight on holidays without our elected officals even being able to read them before being forced to vote on them that many of us are FINALLY facing up to the fact that our past presidents have just been puppets for the New World Order banking elites. WE are finally waking up to the fact of how fraudulent the elites in our government are and are starting to see how they are getting away with it. When are we going to stop being victims and stand up for ourselves is what I would like to know. All Americans except for a few elites are victims of this -- both Republicans AND Democrats!

We really haven't had a chance for any real change for a long time. The real behind the scenes leaders know that they can quietly take over control as long as we are distracted or arguing with each other about whose right - Democrats or Republicans when BOTH ARE WRONG. WE the American People LOSE under BOTH or EITHER party.

Are American's such guttons for punishment and in such denial about what is really going on that that they will allow themselves to be led by the mechanisms of the New World order ie the major media? When will they WAKE UP and start to THINK FOR THEMSELVES? Will it be soon or will it be after it is too late and they have let themselves become slaves to the banks and the Federal government. It is LONG PAST TIME we Americans all WOKE UP and realized what was going on and at LEAST AGREE that 1) We want our freedoms back and the Patriot Act repealed; 2) We want the troops home 3) We want to cut WAY back on taxes; We want all wasteful Federal parograms pared WAY DOWN and we want our Economy Restored!

Old 12-23-2009, 08:26 PM

47 posts, read 78,012 times
@emilybh... I absolutely agree with you... you know what I think america needs? It's the forbidden R-word you know the "red letter day" the "big red R" the samething that formed this nation?...We need to stand up as a nation and say NO!...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies