Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Barney Fwank cause the recession?
Yes 29 80.56%
Probably 7 19.44%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 10:21 PM

839 posts, read 982,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Well? What say you?
I say that your thread title and ridiculous 'poll' are hateful, uninformed, homophobic and immature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 06:30 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever Adrift View Post
I say that your thread title and ridiculous 'poll' are hateful, uninformed, homophobic and immature.
Am I th eonly one that noticed that it is the lefties posting here that are imagining something this op has said that I don't even know where it is coming from? He simply said Barney Frank caused the recession. He never brought up anything at all about gaydum.

Why is it that left thinking people want to defend things that they themselves create in their minds? Do you think Don Quiote (sp) may have been gay? Do gay peeople have an irresistable urge to fight windmills? Is gaydum something that perhaps should scare us? Are you gay? Do you know any gays? Are you dawning your gay apparel? Is there a difference betweena gay and a sissy? Is your sissy gay? Are you happy to be gay? If you weren't gay would you be happy? Could we not talk about it any more? Please.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:03 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,063,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
As chair of the Senate Banking Committee in 2000, Gramm attached a complex, 262-page amendment to an omnibus appropriations bill moving toward passage as Congress was moving toward Christmas recess. Written by Wall Street investment-bank lawyers, the Commodity Futures Modernization Act had no hearing before any committee and was unread by almost every member of Congress. It mandated sweeping deregulation of investment banks, declaring off-limits to regulators most over the counter derivatives, credit derivatives, credit defaults, and swaps. In 2000 those terms were known only to a small circle of investment bankers and brokers who created and traded the complex financial instruments they describe.
The current economic crisis is not the first one made possible by Phil Gramm's commodity futures act.

Gramm has always hated middle class and working Americans. For decades, he's blamed all economic ills on them. His repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act was another big step towards the current recession.
Yes this is where it all started. It's good to see that some people here still have some brain cells left.

By the way the comments expressed in this thread really concern me. I don't know if America has a future. I don't know what's worst, the dumb poll with only "yes" and "probably" as options, or the fact that some people think that having a speech impediment makes you gay.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:16 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
With this poll/thread, the OP is guilty of tossing garbage on the information super highway. And all who bother to reply (including me ) are guilty of adding to the heap of rubble...

Old 12-26-2009, 08:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
He in fact may weill have a speech impediment due to his gayness. His mouth may be worn out from well...you know.[/i]
Worn out from what?

Old 12-26-2009, 08:25 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
No 1 person caused the recession. There were key players and Frank was 1 of them. What I object to is that some how Frank got a walk as did Dodd. What I would like to hear is those key players answer up and accept responsibility for their part rather than point fingers at anyone and everyone but themselves.
And yes I also believe that people maxing out credit cards, buying homes and cars they couldnt afford are a big part of the problem.

Old 12-27-2009, 02:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Well? What say you?
Unless you use prog counting procedures it appears that a huge percentage of people here feel that Bahney was surely heavily involved in the real estate melt down. Where are all of them?

Old 12-27-2009, 02:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Am I th eonly one that noticed that it is the lefties posting here that are imagining something this op has said that I don't even know where it is coming from? He simply said Barney Frank caused the recession. He never brought up anything at all about gaydum.

Why is it that left thinking people want to defend things that they themselves create in their minds? Do you think Don Quiote (sp) may have been gay? Do gay peeople have an irresistable urge to fight windmills? Is gaydum something that perhaps should scare us? Are you gay? Do you know any gays? Are you dawning your gay apparel? Is there a difference betweena gay and a sissy? Is your sissy gay? Are you happy to be gay? If you weren't gay would you be happy? Could we not talk about it any more? Please.
This crap from THEM is just a part of their main MO. They use deflection when they can't think of anything else to get the topic proved wrong. Deflection is a very widely used method from the Left progs.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:00 PM

839 posts, read 982,692 times
Quote:
I'm about 98% sure that the misspelling of Barney Frank's name in the title is not an accident; he wrote 'Fwank' to mock Frank's lisp which is almost certainly a jab at the fact that he's gay. Combine that with the fact that the only two choices for the poll are 'yes' and 'probably' and... well, there you go!

Old 12-27-2009, 03:05 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever Adrift View Post
I'm about 98% sure that the misspelling of Barney Frank's name in the title is not an accident; he wrote 'Fwank' to mock Frank's lisp which is almost certainly a jab at the fact that he's gay. Combine that with the fact that the only two choices for the poll are 'yes' and 'probably' and... well, there you go!
Gay people talk like sylvester the cat?
Frank could get his impediment improved upon or reduced. I personally think that he uses it for pity votes. At any rate it is childish to beat the man up about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies