Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 06:55 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I hope your words never come back to haunt you or a family member.
My words won't haunt me, but the voices in my head won't quit.

Stop...STOP already! Wait...those aren't voices in my head. Damn, who turned the channel to Glenn Beck? Dear? Darling? Hey...you crazy biatch...turn back to the Discovery Channel!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 06:59 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Make light nvxplorer but good doctors will advise patients to pay for necessary tests out of pocket even if the insurance denies the procedure because they know the value of the tests in diagnosing disease. Most of these doctors will take the extra time to appeal the initial denials so patients can get the care they need. Insurance companies and a government health panel will only consider costs.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Based on my experience in the medical field.
You've experienced older doctors providing care and younger doctors telling patients to take a hike? In my experience as a patient, I've never encountered this phenomenon. In fact, it's been just the opposite. Older physicians may have more experience, but the younger ones have much better bedside manner. Either way, I've never been refused treatment based on the physician's age. Such a claim is completely bogus, and I'll bet my house that you made it up for political reasons.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:00 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
The experienced docs would tell a patient that they need a CT scan or an MRI and the young docs will likely tell patients that it will not be covered by insurance and is not recommended by a government health panel.
Where is this in the bill?

Old 12-26-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Make light nvxplorer but good doctors will advise patients to pay for necessary tests out of pocket even if the insurance denies the procedure because they know the value of the tests in diagnosing disease.
How this is related to a doctor's age?
Quote:
Most of these doctors will take the extra time to appeal the initial denials so patients can get the care they need. Insurance companies and a government health panel will only consider costs.
Newsflash: Insurance companies already consider costs. What's going to change by passage of this bill?

Old 12-26-2009, 07:03 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
when the older physicians quit and the younger physicians proceed to treat patients based on cost effective government guidelines?
I know a whole lot of people who are not satisfied with the quality of their healthcare now based on present health insurance reimbursement guidelines!

Old 12-26-2009, 07:04 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,095,424 times
Some in this country thrive on fear, don't they?

This just in: Insurance cutting corners and attempting to save money isn't new. Neither is government-funded medicine or HMO's. I got a bill a few years back for $17,000 because the insurance I had didn't want to pay for my medication. Quality of care! Woo!

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
You've experienced older doctors providing care and younger doctors telling patients to take a hike? In my experience as a patient, I've never encountered this phenomenon. In fact, it's been just the opposite. Older physicians may have more experience, but the younger ones have much better bedside manner. Either way, I've never been refused treatment based on the physician's age. Such a claim is completely bogus, and I'll bet my house that you made it up for political reasons.
You twist my words and you are completely clueless about the danger of having a government health care panel. Many of the younger docs do not want to be bothered with the hassle of fighting HMOs for necessary tests. That has been my experience. They are already paid poorly for their services. I couldn't care less whether you believe that or not.

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Where is this in the bill?
It's not in the bill, but will be a likely result of its passage. Believe it or not, doctors do take into account what procedures will qualify for reimbursement when making recommendations for treatment/evaluation.

Feel free to stick your head in the sand if you care to think otherwise.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:05 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Quote:
Make light nvxplorer but good doctors will advise patients to pay for necessary tests out of pocket even if the insurance denies the procedure because they know the value of the tests in diagnosing disease. Most of these doctors will take the extra time to appeal the initial denials so patients can get the care they need. Insurance companies and a government health panel will only consider costs.
How the heck do you think they get private insurance to pay. They appeal and then appeal some more.

What's a government health panel? Is that like anything like a death panel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies