Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2009, 08:30 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I'll bow to your superior knowledge of the industry as I've only interacted with the system as a patient and it appears there are a covey of medical professionals on this thread. But as a patient I have undergone the following

Carotid Endo-Artorectomy(with a shunt to the skull)
Quintuple Bypass
4 Atheroectomies (3 in the right leg, 1 in the left)
Please excuse the spelling.

I had insurance but the procedures required me to sell the family home and loot my savings. I, personlly would prefer universal health care.
You might not have been able to have those procedures at your age under universal health care.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Do the math. At sixteen hours per day - no breaks, no lunch, that's four patients per hour. Extremely unlikely. My office visits never take fifteen minutes.

Keep typing?
I am not talking about one single provider. I am talking about the physician and physician extenders seeing that many patients per day. You truly have no clue.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:42 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I am not talking about one single provider.
You: with all due respect no person would spend all those years training to be a doctor to have to have see 70 or more patients a day to make a profit.
Quote:
I am talking about the physician and physician extenders seeing that many patients per day. You truly have no clue.
A physician extender is a doctor? It doesn't matter how many aides are involved. Seventy people is seventy people. You don't slow time by increasing the number of aides who attend to patients.

Here's a clue: You're talking about the number of patients per day, not the number of professionals who interact with those patients. You truly have no arithmetic skills.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:42 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
Quote:
You might not have been able to have those procedures at your age under universal health care.
That's the sad and inconvenient truth.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
You: with all due respect no person would spend all those years training to be a doctor to have to have see 70 or more patients a day to make a profit.

A physician extender is a doctor? It doesn't matter how many aides are involved. Seventy people is seventy people. You don't slow time by increasing the number of aides who attend to patients.

Here's a clue: You're talking about the number of patients per day, not the number of professionals who interact with those patients. You truly have no arithmetic skills.
Do you even know what a physician extender is? Clue, it is not the medical assistants or adminstrative staff.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Do you even know what a physician extender is? Clue, it is not the medical assistants or adminstrative staff.
Uh...a nurse practitioner? What is your point? If patients are seeing both doctors and extenders, then the doctor isn't seeing 70 patients.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
You can't argue with know-it-all idiots.

Again...
"There are good reasons why many physicians don’t take Medicaid or only some Medicaid patients. Some are too busy to see any new patients, and others who are in poverty-stricken areas might go out of business if they accepted too many Medicaid patients. Indeed, physicians have told me that they lose money on every Medicaid recipient that they see."

Old 12-26-2009, 08:50 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
per OP
no, bek they will get less
its no longer from sea to shining sea
its from paycheck to paycheck

Old 12-26-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
You can't argue with know-it-all idiots.
*bows in your presence*

It would seem that those making bold predictions are playing the know-it-all role.

Quote:
Again...
"There are good reasons why many physicians don’t take Medicaid or only some Medicaid patients. Some are too busy to see any new patients, and others who are in poverty-stricken areas might go out of business if they accepted too many Medicaid patients. Indeed, physicians have told me that they lose money on every Medicaid recipient that they see."
Then something needs to change. What's your solution?

Apparently, many doctors are capable of treating medicare patients without taking a loss. Perhaps more doctors could emulate those physicians' practices.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
*bows in your presence*

It would seem that those making bold predictions are playing the know-it-all role.

Then something needs to change. What's your solution?
I'm not playing any role, I'm simply stating the facts. The facts are that reimbursement rates are already low to the point that many doctors lose money the more medicaid/medicare patients they see. The facts are that more and more doctors are opting out of participating in medicare/medicaid because of this already. Our congress is proposing huge sweeping cuts to these programs which will have the effect of further deteriorating this situation to the point that NO, Americans will be extremely disatisfied with plans currently in congress should they pass into law (getting back to the original question posted by the OP).

If you want to know what my personal opinion is on solutions to healthcare reform are, then start a new post and I'll be happy to reply (tomorrow, because I'm going to bed). But this thread isn't about solutions, it's about whether people will be satisfied with the proposed healthcare reforms should/when they pass into law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies