Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 06:19 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Liberal and in in the Top 10% (household income is in the Top 5%) and agree the top earners are not paying their fair share.
Since nothing is stopping you, how much extra are you sending into Uncle Sam each year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 07:10 PM

639 posts, read 1,143,210 times
How right on Jefferson was. Look at the quote. You are basically telling productive people to STOP being productive. The handwriting is on the wall. When the majority of the people realize they can basically suck the money out of the people who ARE productive then WHY be productive. You will see less and less productive people and more and more people reliant on the government. Believe me, it's a lot closer than you think. You think things are bad now.....good luck America....

Old 12-28-2009, 07:29 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnberk View Post
They may get paid that money but they do not earn it. It is those who worked and did the labor and built the products that earned the money and the rich that stripped it off the top. Capitolism sucks
How do you figure?
Whose idea was the company? Whose product?
How did the rich get rich? Give you a hint....they didn't inherit it

Old 12-28-2009, 07:31 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,819 times
Quote:
Liberal and in in the Top 10% (household income is in the Top 5%) and agree the top earners are not paying their fair share.

As for the corporate tax rate - they don't pay at the rate. Many of the most profitable companies pay little or nothing. It don't matter what the rate is, as long as you have a good tax professional and a lot of write-offs. (You know they still get to write off executive compensation of any amount!)
How much more are you willing to pay?
Let Geitner know. I'm sure he'd be more than willing to oblige

Old 12-28-2009, 07:37 PM

817 posts, read 853,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
Thanks for posting the actual numbers.

I pay 14%. Mr. Earns Alot pays 22.5%.

I earn 50k and go home with 43k. Mr. Earns Alot earns 1 Million and walks home with 780k.

I think we will both survive lol. Paying 8% less doesn't exactly make me a leach. 780k can be stretched much further than 43k when it comes to groceries.
If 50K isn't enough go make more.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:13 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Well thanks for the grammar correction...but you can't blame me...I guess Im just a product of the liberal public educational system...
DUH, it wasn't a grammar lesson ...it's called s-p-e-l-l-i-n-g

And, like all repugs, blame someone else for their failings....can NOT take personal responsibility...

Old 12-28-2009, 09:15 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,936,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The top 10% of the earners should pay 110% of the income tax.
Why?

Old 12-28-2009, 09:27 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,337,246 times
Quote:

As for the corporate tax rate - they don't pay at the rate. Many of the most profitable companies pay little or nothing. It don't matter what the rate is, as long as you have a good tax professional and a lot of write-offs. (You know they still get to write off executive compensation of any amount!)
If you want to surrender more of your income to the US Federal Government, go ahead and do it! I think there is a way to 'donate' to the Federal Government and help the Treasury pay down the debt. One would imagine there are other ways to give money to the Government beyond your tax liability, though I can not confirm this since I've never wanted to do so.

If fairness means treating all people equally regardless of gender, race and income, etc.... then shouldn't all people be taxed at the same percentage? Even with the same tax rate for all of us, the top earners will pay more than the bottom ones.

Of course corporations find write offs, but those 'loopholes' are part of the unintelligible tax code. The high corporate tax rate here is not a good thing.

Again, if you want to pay more in taxes, go right ahead.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:34 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
I know the libs like to pick on Exxon, what is interesting is Exxon pays about as much in income tax as the bottom 50% of returns combined.

Even more humorous is they fail to realize who really pays that bill, Exxon is just the tax collector in this case. All expenses of any company are passed onto the consumer.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:37 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
That's okay. The inhabitants of all the rundown projects across the nation more than offset the number of non-Obama supporters throughout middle America.
Chill out, I was being sarcastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies