Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 07:59 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,248,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I've just lost all respect for you.
I expect none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 08:03 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,550,918 times
I agree with the OP.
The mention of the Islamic state attacking the western Zionists has been suspiciously absent from the news.
In Iraq and Afghanistan, I remember cease-fires on their religious holy days.
People say we're not a "Christian nation", and yes I agree.
Someone needs to tell that to the radical Islamists. They're the ones bent on destroying the infidels.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:06 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
You really think folks involved in this type of activity are going to be influenced by the mainstream of their religion?
Yes but not the way you are thinking, it's pervasive. For example here we have a cleric addressing a bunch of guys in business suits suggesting the annihilation of the non muslim world:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjE6W4jz600

Old 12-28-2009, 08:08 PM

608 posts, read 923,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Do you also find strange the lack of Christians speaking out about those trying to label the Iraq war a "Task From God"? Or is the "My God is better than your God" BS OK when it's the 'right' God?
Strange indeed. I'm a Christian and I've never heard such BS from the church I attend, nor would I agree with it. How come is it that whenever people bring up issues with the Muslim faith, anyone that goes out of their way to defend the Muslims always turns around and trys to compare their extremism to that of a very few fringe so called Christians? How can MILLIONS of Muslim extremists be compared to maybe thousands of Christian extremists anyway?

Old 12-28-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Yes but not the way you are thinking, it's pervasive. For example here we have a cleric addressing a bunch of guys in business suits suggesting the annihilation of the world:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjE6W4jz600
The question here involves the American Muslim community. Guys like that don't speak for them.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:20 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Too easy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcjpTyflYmM

------edit------

Just to add the type of speech you see in the first video is not going to be publicly seen here because it won't be tolerated.

Last edited by thecoalman; 12-28-2009 at 08:31 PM..

Old 12-28-2009, 08:48 PM

and you think the second guy speaks for them why?

Old 12-28-2009, 09:07 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
The OP has been sadly brainwashed by a far right media convincing her of a caricature.

1. NObody supports terrorists or believes they can be negotiated with. We voted for Obama because it was clear he would be very tough in pursuing terrorists, unlike his predecessor who lost focus.

2. Obama's track record speaks for itself - from ordering the sharpshooting of Somalian pirates to ramping up the War in Afghanistan to increasing military pressure on terrorists around the world, there is absolutely no evidence to support that ignorant cartoon.

Seriously - educate yourself before posting completely inaccurate and childish slanders. We patriots are standing behind a president actively hunting down terrorists. Join us for once.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:12 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Good maybe we won't be blown up as soon as we all think we may be. It took 72 hours to inform Obama of the plane incident. No sense in letting him know when they can maybe blame Bush for it.

What are you talking about? Where are you getting these lies?!?!?

Obama was briefed on the plane incident immediately after it happened. He was issuing statements and directives through the chain of command almost immediately and had already ordered an entire assessment of the system by the time he gave his speech (not to mention Gibbs was speaking already). Obama was even briefed on the sick guy in the bathroom on the same flight 2 days later (LONG after he'd been dealing with the first incident).

Seriously - your ignorance on this subject is perplexing. Stop spreading lies. Stick to facts.

I honestly want to know who told you he wasn't briefed for 72 hours. We need to identify these lies and out them when they are regurgitated.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:16 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,671,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
I expect none.
You get what you expect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies