Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 09:16 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times

Advertisements

I didn't say he spoke for them, what I said was this type of hate speech is pervasive and the Muslim community allows it to continue. Lets take this speech from Abdul Rahman Ibn Abdul Aziz as-Sudai who is the Iman of the Grand Mosque in Mecca:
Quote:
http://www.adl.org/anti_semitism/ara...i-Semitism.pdf

Read history and you will know that yesterday's Jews were bad predecessors and
today's Jews are worse successors. They are killers of prophets and the scum of
the earth. God hurled his curses and indignation on them and made them monkeys
and pigs and worshippers of tyrants. These are the Jews, a continuous lineage of
meanness, cunning, obstinacy, tyranny, evil, and corruption. They sow corruption
on earth…
O Muslims, the Islamic nation today is at the peak of conflict with the enemies of
yesterday, today, and tomorrow, with the grandsons of Bani-Quraydah, Al-Nadiri,
and Qaynuqa [Jewish tribes in the early days of Islam]. May God's curses follow
them until the Day of Judgment…. The conflict is exploding and magnifying, the
exploitation and greed are increasing, and the indulgence in humbling Arabs and
Muslims and their holy places has become very serious by the world rodents that
have revoked pacts and agreements. Treachery, sabotage, and cunning dominate
their minds and injustice and tyranny flow in their veins… They cannot but
remain arrogant, reckless, corrupt, and harmful. Thus, they deserve the curse of
God, His angels, and all people.
I don't know what the hierarchy of the Islam faith is but I'd imagine at the very least this would be like a Cardinal in the Catholic church giving a sermon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 09:25 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,263,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I don't know what the hierarchy of the Islam faith is but I'd imagine at the very least this would be like a Cardinal in the Catholic church giving a sermon.
It's more like the hierarchy of the protestant church. Who speaks for them?

Old 12-28-2009, 09:36 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
How can MILLIONS of Muslim extremists be compared to maybe thousands of Christian extremists anyway?
Link please to where these millions of Muslim extremists are.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:38 PM

Here's a link to the millions of Christian extremists:

RNC: Republican National Committee | GOP

Old 12-28-2009, 09:39 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,827,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
What are you talking about? Where are you getting these lies?!?!?

Obama was briefed on the plane incident immediately after it happened. He was issuing statements and directives through the chain of command almost immediately and had already ordered an entire assessment of the system by the time he gave his speech (not to mention Gibbs was speaking already). Obama was even briefed on the sick guy in the bathroom on the same flight 2 days later (LONG after he'd been dealing with the first incident).

Seriously - your ignorance on this subject is perplexing. Stop spreading lies. Stick to facts.

I honestly want to know who told you he wasn't briefed for 72 hours. We need to identify these lies and out them when they are regurgitated.
Obama was briefed 3 hours after the most significant terrorist attack in the US since 9/11.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Obama was briefed 3 hours after the most significant terrorist attack in the US since 9/11.
So.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:53 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
a. So, we're agreed the woman lied by claiming 72 hours.

b. I know for a fact that he was aware of it almost immediately. Whether he sat down with advisors and was given explicit details I don't know. Either way, the response was handled very well. It was the screening that wasn't.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:56 PM

He forgot to have them show us the color coded M&Ms.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:28 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
a. So, we're agreed the woman lied by claiming 72 hours.

b. I know for a fact that he was aware of it almost immediately. Whether he sat down with advisors and was given explicit details I don't know. Either way, the response was handled very well. It was the screening that wasn't.

You say that you are positive with fact, were you there! How would you know exactly what happened with facts, if you were not there, to see what actually took place. You think the response was handled very well, while others don't share your opinion.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:23 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You say that you are positive with fact, were you there! How would you know exactly what happened with facts, if you were not there, to see what actually took place. You think the response was handled very well, while others don't share your opinion.
Because it was reported on the news that he was aware far less than 3 hours after the incident.

And it's an established fact that the response was precisely how the system is supposed to work, so if you think something should have gone better than perhaps you should work in Homeland Security because you must know something they don't.

The front side - how a bomb got on a plane - remains deeply disconcerting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies