Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2009, 09:50 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
A "person" posted this garbage.

You are not some faceless media outlet.

And I am well aware you don't think of the victims of 9/11 in your desperate attempt to attack a political figure.
You are using the victims of 9/11 in an attempt to shield obama from his weak, johnny come lately response.

How shameful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 09:50 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,414,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
My Pet Goat Goat was political fodder for the left for 8 years, and now you deny it with this tripe? LOL

How embarrassing.
Again, I am not a liberal.

Sorry, but you'll just have to attempt to actually use your brain for something other than keeping your ears apart, and realize the world isn't Us versus Them, liberals versus conservatives.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:51 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You got it.

Its A-Ok for them to use the deaths of 3000 innocent in their garbage films and political fodder.
Short, selective memories. It's really embarrassing. I'm not sure why they continue to deflect in the face of so much damning evidence.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
You are using the victims of 9/11 in an attempt to shield obama from his weak, johnny come lately response.

How shameful.
Feel free to show where I "defended Obama".

Old 12-29-2009, 09:54 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
My Pet Goat Goat was political fodder for the left for 8 years, and now you deny it with this tripe? LOL

How embarrassing.
Let's look past 9/11, let's look at Richard Reid.

What these guys don't get comparing Bush's response to Reid and Obama's response to this issue are 2 things. No one doubted Bush's understanding of the seriousness of terrorism. The Obama criticism resonates with people because they really have doubts about Obama and his action with regard to terrorism.

The other thing is this incident is so close to the actual thing Reid tried to do how is it possible that we have not been able to improve security in 8 years?! This is an indictment of Obama not exculpatory.

Now this is really embarassing.

Last edited by shorebaby; 12-29-2009 at 10:03 PM..

Old 12-29-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Feel free to show where I "defended Obama".
Your deflection from HIS response, or lack thereof, to the victims of 9/11.

Deflection, defense, excuses....pick one.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Your deflection from HIS response, or lack thereof, to the victims of 9/11.

Deflection, defense, excuses....pick one.
I'm not the one trying to justify a complete and utter disregard for human lives, now am I.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:59 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman
It's not up to you to decide which forums I post in or not.
Quote:
You come into this thread complaining about the reference to 9/11 and your personal connections to the event, and then come back with that response? Don't complain or don't visit this thread. It's really pretty simple.
I never said if I have a personal connection with 9-11 or not. You're making assumptions. Just for the record I didn't know anyone who died that day. I do, however, have empathy for their surviving families and I personally know many people who lived in fear for months afterward. By no stretch of the imagination did the foiled bombing of flight of 253 rise to the same level of national security as 9-11 and it did not require the same level of response from the two sitting presidents.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:59 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
The liberal left have yelled, whined, and cried for the past 8 years over the 7 minutes that George W. Bush took to respond to the 9/11 attacks while reading to elementary students.

But Barack Obama, vacationing in Hawaii, didn't respond to the most recent airline terrorist attack for 72 hours, and liberals have not expressed a single word of displeasure.

Would someone like to explain why exactly this hypocrisy exists? Do liberals view a failed attack as less important than a successful attack?

This is a defining moment for the liberal left and their rationale for incessantly attacking GWB. Pony up with criticism for Barack Obama's response, or be relegated to the reputation you already have for being light on national security.

What's it going to be?
Um.... you do realize you're lying, right?

I mean, he enacted several orders within hours of the incident.

You're confusing his speech to the public, where he told people what he'd already done, which Bush took a long time to get around to. Remember? It wasn't 7 minutes.

I just don't get why you all either lie or are so blinded by your partisan rage that you can't see the truth any more.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
I'm not the one trying to justify a complete and utter disregard for human lives, now am I.
We aren't talking about human lives...we are talking about the responses of two presidents and the hypocrisy/double standard on the Left in using the attack for political fodder.

YOU are the only one using those deaths on 9/11 as a means to deflect.

Shameful...truly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies