Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2009, 12:48 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I get it now! You are really angry with how Bush ignored intelligence that would have prevented 9/11. You are angry that Bush vacationed instead of implementing security measures after his 8/06/11 briefing that an attack was eminent! You are now displacing you anger (inappropriately, I might add) on Obama.

Sorry, Obama wasn't responsible for 3000 dead, Bush was.
Actually, Clinton was, but that is for another thread. Nice try though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 12:49 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
really? I felt the same way about Bush when the nincompoop took a 5 WEEK VACATION prior to 9/11 with the August 6th Memo that screamed " BIN LADEN DIEREMINED TO STRIKE THE US" and was ignored completely.
Your description of Obama applies better to Bush than it does to Obama.
I was surprised to wake up on January 20th, 2009 and know we still had a nation after the almost total destruction of the US by Cheney , Bush and his cabal. As far as I am concerned they both should have hung along with Saddam!
My tent was 100-200 yards away from where Saddam was hanged. I stood in the room where Saddam molested hand-picked middle school girls. I visited the soccer stadium where Saddam had the entire team killed for losing the Olympics. I could go on and on about the atrocities and subsequent aftermath I witnessed.

Therefore, I don't find your comments particularly amusing or even accurate in basis. However, none of this is relevant to this thread. Start your own thread if you want to discuss the merits of either leader.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:50 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You must have missed it. I said this earlier in the thread:

I"ll be glad to fault Bush over the Shoe Bomber incident. No sweat off my back in doing so.

Obama could have given a statement to the nation, soon after he was notified, but he did not. I find fault in that as well.

It's sad that the Shoe Bomber is invoked in order to provide some sort of leverage for not calling out Obama. Should they not both be called out? The fallacy, inconsistency, and outright hypocrisy from the left continues unabated.

I'm guessing you don't have an answer to this falacious, inconsistent hypocrisy either do you?
I did answer this some time back, last night but I'll repeat myself: It didn't bother me when Bush didn't make a statement within hours of the shoe bomber arrest and it didn't bother me when Obama didn't do the same with the underwear bomber. Doing an immediate response by either president would have elevated those two events in the eyes of Al Qaeda, in my opinion. They were probably sitting around waiting to get their rocks off with an immediate presidential appearance that they could have used for recruiting fodder. They got what they deserved...and inept response from a lower level official on a news program.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:57 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,182,657 times
Quote:
My tent was 100-200 yards away from where Saddam was hanged. I stood in the room where Saddam molested hand-picked middle school girls. I visited the soccer stadium where Saddam had the entire team killed for losing the Olympics. I could go on and on about the atrocities and subsequent aftermath I witnessed.

Therefore, I don't find your comments particularly amusing or even accurate in basis. However, none of this is relevant to this thread. Start your own thread if you want to discuss the merits of either leader.
Saddam was a brutal guy. Funny how we used that as an excuse for why we wanted to go in and get rid of him. But, most people conveniently ignore that we were buddies with him back in the 80's. We gave him military aid and intelligence in his war against the Iranians. We knew he had gassed his own people and we didn't care because he happened to serve a purpose at the time.

So, spare me the canard of how he was such a terrible guy and deserved to go when we used to kiss his ass.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:58 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Obama just made a statement that the entire incident was a failure of our security systems due to lack of proper internal communications. I think some name taking and ass kicking are to follow.

Obama waited until he had some factual information to tell the American people even if the information was we f888d up. He also said we are going to fix the problem.

Bush only said we have to attack Iraq even if they had nothing to do with 9/11.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:

God bless you and yours Aeroguy.
You are speaking to the kind of people that Saddams of this world lead. You will get nowhere. NOt even one soul will change. As you did in your service and I did in mine, we will have to carry them on our packs. Far too often we earn the reward while they participate or even fully gain the reward.

You will have to be content to know that you have also defended the like minded, that believe that freedom is not always free, that we are not a land of entitlement.
The Obamas of this world are those that paint pictures but never stand in them. They are their own loss no need to pile on.

The spoiled and entitlement society recognize tyrants as those that refuse to give them something for nothing. They don't have a clue of the tyrants you defended against. They live in a fairy tale world occupied by pedantics,dreamers, and hedonists. They are few and nature has a way of reprogramming and I believe the reprogramming is about to begin.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:00 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonderwhy2124 View Post
Saddam was a brutal guy. Funny how we used that as an excuse for why we wanted to go in and get rid of him. But, most people conveniently ignore that we were buddies with him back in the 80's. We gave him military aid and intelligence in his war against the Iranians. We knew he had gassed his own people and we didn't care because he happened to serve a purpose at the time.

So, spare me the canard of how he was such a terrible guy and deserved to go when we used to kiss his ass.
Not to mention that we could have used a covert operation to knock him off involved a handful of skilled operatives instead of starting a war that cost a lot of lives and put us in major debt for years to come.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Not to mention that we could have used a covert operation to knock him off involved a handful of skilled operatives instead of starting a war that cost a lot of lives and put us in major debt for years to come.
No, your sense of entitlement will put you in debt for years to come, perhaps generations. I see you are a counter insurgency whiz, x CIA of Navy Seal maybe?

Old 12-30-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Obama just made a statement that the entire incident was a failure of our security systems due to lack of proper internal communications. I think some name taking and ass kicking are to follow.

Obama waited until he had some factual information to tell the American people even if the information was we f888d up. He also said we are going to fix the problem.

Bush only said we have to attack Iraq even if they had nothing to do with 9/11.
I suspect they have expended most of their resources in finding a way to put on a good show of defending the terrorist and put Bush and Cheney on trial for defending the country. We shall see how that works out. Liberals have a self destructive bent that we can always count on.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:08 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,182,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post

We didn't go into Iraq for WMD or because Saddam was a terrible guy. We went in so that we could reduce our reliance upon Saudi Arabia, establish a friendly government in Iraq, get Iraq's oil fields up and running, have troops on both sides of the Iranian border to send them a clear message, and to hopefully spread democracy throughout the Middle East which would increase prosperity which in turn would reduce the fires of the Islamic extremist movement. Quite an audacious and imperialist plan. It is disgusting how the neo-cons tried to cover this stuff up and lie about why we were there. While I may not agree with Mr. AeroDC dude, I have sympathy for him because he probably bravely served his country while his commander-in-chief lied to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies