Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2009, 09:12 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Well even though I don't agree with much of what he says I do hope he is ok.
I hope he lives but at the same time I hope he fails at everything else he does....that's karma for ya!

Old 12-31-2009, 09:15 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I hope he lives but at the same time I hope he fails at everything else he does....that's karma for ya!
Exactly how many feel about Obummer.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:16 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellard View Post
I've listened to Limbaugh quite a bit. His "perspective" on life, politics, humor, etc. is fascinating, intelligent and riveting. He has lots of listeners because he is a wonderful broadcaster.

I wonder how many times you have actually listened to Rush. Just like I doubt that most that call him racist listen. He is anything but a racist. He is all for equality and the incredible things a person can achieve when allowed to compete.

Personally, I LOVE to listen to the other side...just to make sure that I am following the RIGHT side. I've listened to Randi Rhodes, Al Franken, Mike Malloy, Ron Regan, etc. If they can convince me on a topic....I'll agree with them. A lot of their opinions come from "feelings" and being angry things aren't "fair". This type of argument never wins me over....not very logical. Like listening to a 14 year old that thinks they know everything and how UNFAIR life is.

Some on right wing radio/tv I don't care for either. O'Reilly is not a very smart guy, but is smug. I don't quite understand why he has such high ratings. Savage on the radio....he's dopey and emotional. He's as bad as Randy Rhodes...well, I guess nobody is as bad as that harpy, but he is bad.

You on the left that call Rush a nazi or fascist or racist....have you ever really heard a few of his shows or just a few sound bites mentioned on Dim Underground? You don't have to answer to me, but if you are taking others word for it you are just being gullible.
I agree with this.

Rush is absurd in many instances in order to prove a point. Yet it is easy to take him as being offensive if he is only listened to sporadically.

He has 20+ million listeners for a reason - it's not because he is a racist Nazi.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:18 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
... which is how it should be with all. You provide for your own insurance.
Thos who can afford it, will buy it. I have a fairly good one, but of course it has it's caps, so it only goes so far. I am sure Rush could afford one without caps and with everything covered including expensive clot dissolving injections. Good for him. He'll be back on-air before you know it.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:22 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Thos who can afford it, will buy it. I have a fairly good one, but of course it has it's caps, so it only goes so far. I am sure Rush could afford one without caps and with everything covered including expensive clot dissolving injections. Good for him. He'll be back on-air before you know it.
Rush doesn't have insurance. He pays for everything out of his pocket.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:23 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I'm sure those Cuban cigars don't help either...
I pity the poor doctor who tries to tell him to quit smoking those cigars. We all know how he feels about smoking bans in public places, etc. He was also on a very extreme style diet to lose those 90 pounds in such a short time. That also could have contributed to his current heart issues.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:25 AM

59 posts, read 30,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
HIS listeners know he tells them what they want to hear, that hardly makes him the Voice of America. If I have to listen to someone I'll take Norah Jones, Miles Davis, The Rolling Stones, et al anyday over these so-called political pundits from either side of the aisle.

Listen to whatever.

If you don't listen to Limbaugh, then don't criticize.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Please tell me exactly who the hypocrites are when they post horrific things about Senator Kennedy's illness with a brain tumor and then his death, wishing him death, and rejoicing in the diagnosis, yet then come out here and try to make a public display of their "humanity" in wishing Rush Limbaugh well and POUNDING LIBERALS who have said that they don't like Limbaugh but certainly do not wish him death??
You forget ALL the examples we have of liberal bile, going back years...Reagan, Snow, not to mention the conservatives they try to destroy on a regular basis, Palin, Miss Calif.

There is a long, documented history of liberal viciousness.

Quote:
You do know that Rush's "hearing problems" were the result of his drug abuse, don't you?
False, completely.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
the article said he's taking medication for back pain ... he has a past history of oxy abuse and it also doesn't help that he yo yo's on his weight loss. I'm sure his heart is very tired.
What article? Do you believe everything you read without corroboration?

Old 12-31-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
You seem to misunderstand the opinions many people have. I've never met a person, on the right or the left, who espouses the positions you posted. Nor have I met or spoken to anyone who feels the health insurance system needs no reform, despite your desire to paint all those on the right as saying that. I wish for everyone to have all the heath insurance they want. I just don't want it to be paid for with tax money. I'll pay for mine, you pay for yours, let Joe pay for Joes. Stop telling me I have to pay for yours or Joes, or that the government or my employer has to pay for mine, which would limit my choices to what those entities want to give me.
No hate involved here, just a sifference of opinin on how certain things ought to be paid for.
Excellent post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies