Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the right wing brand of Christianity ruining America?
Yes 52 47.71%
No 52 47.71%
Not sure, maybe 5 4.59%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 06:14 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,217,287 times

Advertisements

I am a Christian and I get to be involved with my government as much as anyone else
I get to speak up and speak out
I get to vote
personally, you can dance in circles and howl at the moon, I could care less
the way I look at it we all have free will, at the end of my life I know where I am headed, do you?
I am totally sure of it, are you?
I am not distrubed at the pagans, the gays, the liberals, or the nuts that call them self Christians
I am accountable to my God, not to you
don't tell me what I can believe, because it will make no difference
most of the people yammering about Christains trying to convert them are yelling as loud as anyone
to try and conform folks to their loopy ideas
so don't get high and mighty with me
believe or not, that is your right
Christians will always be hated, that is just the way it is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 06:37 AM

1,719 posts, read 4,186,663 times
We don't hate all Christians - just the ones who attempt to legislate their morality and push their way into the political realm when they should just keep it in the pews.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:49 AM

68,351 posts, read 54,507,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I am the polar opposite of BergenCountyJohnny.What attracts me to Christianity is the right wing aspect. I am glad there is some institution left that defends moral values.
Oh yeah! Right wing moral values, Newtie boy being a perfect example

Quote:
The Christian left is what I fear. The idea of forced wealth redistribution by the government is nowhere to be found in the bible. I also don't care for the Christian left's forgiving of career criminals. Mike Huckabee, even if he is a Republican, is a leftist at heart because he forgave and released hundreds of dangerous criminals out on the streets (which led to the recent murders of police officers sitting in a coffee shop).
Damn right! Forgiveness was NEVER a concept taught as a Christian value, right? OH! WAIT! WHAT was that Christ was said to have told the Father from the cross ?

And I'm guessing somewhere in the Bible you found the GREAT idea of invading/occupying other countries to further political agendas while looking for guidance RE: wealth distribution?

Quote:
A church that I would prefer to attend to would preach "an eye for an eye" not love and compassion for criminals. I want a church that is highly critical of the moral decay going on all around us and callls it for what it is..Satanic and demonic influenced. I do not want a church that compromises it's values down just to fit in with the times. If all of Chrstianity turns liberal (which it slowly seems to be doing) I will no longer think positive of the Christian church.
Moral decay? And just WHO is to be the judge of 'morals'? Some witch-hunting hypocrite who while preaching 'family values' is out having affairs? THAT's a great plan.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:52 AM

1,719 posts, read 4,186,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Moral decay? And just WHO is to be the judge of 'morals'? Some witch-hunting hypocrite who while preaching 'family values' is out having affairs?
You forgot smoking meth and using male prostitutes.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:01 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,348,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I am a Christian and I get to be involved with my government as much as anyone else
I get to vote
personally, you can dance in circles and howl at the moon, I could care less
the way I look at it we all have free will, at the end of my life I know where I am headed, do you?
I am not distrubed at the pagans, the gays, the liberals, or the nuts that call them self Christians
I am accountable to my God, not to you
don't tell me what I can believe, because it will make no difference
most of the people yammering about Christains trying to convert them are yelling as loud as anyone
to try and conform folks to their loopy ideas
so don't get high and mighty with me
believe or not, that is your right
Christians will always be hated, that is just the way it is
I am not a Christian and I get to be involved with my government and my government must represent me as much as anyone else
I get to vote
Personally, Christians can speak in tongues and howl at the moon, I could care less
The way I look at it we all have free will and if Christians want to believe in heaven, hell, etc, I don't care. At the end of my life, I'll be dead.
I am not disturbed by the pagans, the gays, the liberals, or the nuts that call themself Christians - unless they try to tell me that their beliefs are superior to any that I might have.
I am accountable to myself, not to you or your mythical God
Don't tell me what I must believe, because it will make no difference.
Most of the RW Christians yammering about non-Christains want to impose their loopy ideas on everyone via legislation.
So don't get high and mighty with me.
Believe it or not, that is your right
Christians will always be intolerant of non-Christians, that is just the way it is

Old 01-02-2010, 07:49 AM

68,351 posts, read 54,507,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonderwhy2124 View Post
You forgot smoking meth and using male prostitutes.

I for damn sure don't need any politician to preach moral values to me, from either side of the aisle. I just find it amusing, and it most often comes from the right, when one side tries claiming some intrinsic moral superiority to the other.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:12 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,849,737 times
First you need to tell us exactly what brand of Christianity this country has been for over 400 years then we can continue.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:23 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,364,161 times
Christians deserve the same level of tolerance and freedom of speech as muslims or members of any other religion. The fact that there are more of them in the US and that they are sometimes more effective in stating their opinions is not relevant.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:36 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,859,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
True, but Obama did say it should be left up to each state to decide the issue, unlike Bush, who proposed a Constitutional Amendment to ban same-sex marriage entirely.
Did it happen?

Old 01-02-2010, 08:38 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,859,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Since when did Christians decide what is or is not moral for everyone??
Ask those on here that are saying that Christians are trying to push their morals on others
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies